Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 40

Dr. Karikari

Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Durham, NC and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from Duke University in 2006 and specializes in neurosurgery, orthopedic spine surgery, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Karikari accepts

Dr. Karikari accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Dr. Karikari performs this procedure more than 99% of his peers

Back Pain

Dr. Karikari treats Back Pain more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Karikari treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Karikari treats Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Karikari treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Sciatica as Seen in Rheumatoid Arthritis

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Meningiomas
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Instability
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

I am a neurosurgeon with a special interest in treating both kids and adults with scoliosis and all other spine conditions which includes spinal stenosis herniated disc spondylosis and spondylolisthesis. I also perform surgery on spine tumors and pro...

• Neurosurgery
  • Neurological Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

2014
Orthopaedic Spine Deformity, Washington University in St. Louis (Missouri)
2013

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Karikari

Dr. Karikari?
Dr. Karikari's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD
Dr Karikari explained my surgery questions in great detail. Surgery went well . Would recommend Dr Karikari for all spinal surgeries...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
Dr. Karikari did an amazing job through the process of making a decision as to whether to have surgery, through the surgery and recovery and follow up appointments. He explains things well, is compassionate, and the surgery was very successful. If I have future issues, I plan to return to him and have already recommended him to a friend. Excellent surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
I am two years out from my extensive spinal surgery to repair deteriorated disks and correct scoliosis that was detected 40 yrs. ago. I am so glad I chose Dr. Karikari to do the surgery. He tells it like it is and let’s you know how important your roll is in the recovery process. His team is very helpful and kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
I highly recommend Dr Karikari for neurological care. My husband has had back surgery in Charleston and had some serious post op issues. He was losing feeling in both his legs and was having painful leg cramps. His original surgeon recommended two more surgical procedures equaling 10 hours in the OR. Dr Karikari was knowledgeable had a nice manner and was able to treat him with microsurgery which only took an hour and a half. My husband now has feeling in his legs and is able to get back to golf
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
Dr. Karikari provides excellent care. Every question I ask, he answers with medical terms but also in a way that makes sense to an everyday person. He is very patient and has never made me feel rushed in an appointment. Before having spinal fusion every surgeon (including Dr. Karikari) told me they couldn't guarantee to take away my back pain due to scoliosis, but I am now at one year post op and have no pain whatsoever. I have already recommended him to a friend looking to have spinal fusion!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
That video of him on Duke is very misleading. I visited him all the way from Connecticut and had no concern about my back injury, came into the appointment short and dismissive. It was my first appointment and it was literally 20 minutes, if that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
I am honored to recommend Dr. Karikari to anyone seeking care for a life altering spinal condition. Prior to the development of my debilitating diagnosis, I had lead an active life. For the first time in my life I experienced pain and fear that I could not overcome. In Dr. Karikari I found someone who genuinely cared. He took time to explain the possible outcomes and risks with my surgery. Today I am greatly improved. I am grateful for his display of talent and skill. He is a wonderful man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Karikari to anyone seeking a neurosurgeon for a major deformity as I was. He did not hesitate to tell me that he could help me with my condition and in a very calm and reassuring manner.. I was put in immediate relief knowing I was going to be in his care facing the facts of the length and severity of the surgery that I already knew of from several other surgeons that could not or would not do what he did to help me Thank you Dr. Karikari.....for it all!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
I saw Dr. Karikari for failed spinal fusion, broken rods and severe degeneration of the thoracic spine.. Dr. Karikari was very informative with his plan for my surgery, very patient answering questions, but most of all he showed concern for me as a person.. Surgery was performed in Feb. 2017. Recovery was long and sometimes very difficult, but worth it. My pain level has gone from uncontrollable to around a 2 or 3, most days.. I highly recommend Dr. Karikari and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
Dr, Karikari Saved my life and Duke is the best hospital in the world. The fixed a huge problem with my rods sticking out my back. With in days Dr. Karikari fixed the problem and did it right. He is the best doctor and a super cool guy as well. This is the place that will do it right, and I would recommend Duke and Dr. Karikari hands down the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
I Was in really bad shape with osteoporosis causing my hardware and screws pulling out of my bones from previous operations at the DVAMC Also Scoliosis had set in on me and I was bent over and could not stand up straight. Dr Isaac Karikari did a great job, and his staff were great also. I felt good with him both before and after my surgery. He seems to be especially good in difficult cases like I had. I would definitely recommend him. At this point, two months from surgery I am doing good.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
Dr. Karikari changed my sons life!! At 14 years old he had suffered with back pain for a year. My son was diagnosed with spondylolisthesis . I prayed for hours after this diagnosis that the lord would guide my hands on the computer to locate the perfect dr for my son and he led me to Dr Karikari, and what a wonderful surgeon and man he is! He totally changed my sons quality of life after performing surgery. A year post_op my son enjoys all normal acitivities What a blessing this doctor is !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
Dr Karikari Is a great dr. He did surgery on my back. He told me everything he was going to do in great detail. He made me feel he would be there if i needed him. He was very patient and answered all of my questions. I was in pain for 9 months before I saw Dr. Karikari and hurt to even walk. He gave me me life back. I thank God for him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
Highly recommend Dr. Karikari for lumbar spinal fusion surgery. My first visit he insisted we try alternative treatments prior to surgery. Steroid injection and physical therapy did not cure the condition, so surgery was approved. He remained professional and courteous at all times, along with his staff. He answered all of my questions and explained details in layman's terms. He and his staff are very prompt in replying to any questions or requests through dukemychart.org
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Karikari by another highly respected Neurosurgeon at Duke's Spine Center. Dr. Karikari is regarded by his colleagues as the very best surgeon for C1 C2 levels of the Cervical Spine. I had my surgery on June 23rd and pleased to report that both my surgery and recovery have exceeded my expectations. I am so grateful to have my quality of life back thanks to the skill and professionalism of this master surgeon and his entire team in the operating room.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
Total trust in his competence. Excellent bedside manner. Would highly recommend to family and friends
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
Dr. Karikari was extremely caring and competent with his care. Completely professional and concerned regarding my surgery. I would recommend him to anyone needing medical care in his speciality.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
Dr. Karikari and his entire staff are the best neurosurgery staff in America. I can highly recommend Dr. Karikari as a most trusted neurosurgeon with perhaps the most difficult surgeries one can experience. He corrected a deep fracture at C1 and break of link between C3 and 4. As I you can rest assured that your treatment with Dr. Karikari and his staff will be both professional and personal. Gary Hill
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
Dr. Karikari is a soft spoken, extremely competent surgeon whom I would highly recommend to everyone in need of spinal surgery. He immediately put my wife and I at ease as he carefully explained the procedure I was about to undergo. His follow up was equally competent and the results have been absolutely phenomenal. All the pain I had been enduring is completely gone. What better recommendation can I make.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Isaac Karikari, MD?
Dr. Karikari performed extensive surgery on my husband's back and we were so pleased!! He treated us both with the utmost respect. I would highly recommend him and have done so! He always takes the time to answer our questions and does so in a very kind manner.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Karikari?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Karikari treats patients.

Compare Providers