Dr. Irwin Simon, MD

Dr. Irwin Simon, MD

General Surgery  |

Dr. Irwin Simon, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Henderson, NV. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Simon is affiliated with St. Rose Dominican, San Martin Campus, St. Rose Dominican, Rose de Lima Campus, MountainView Hospital, Summerlin Hospital Medical Center and St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus.

2450 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy Ste 100

Henderson, NV 89052

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Health Plan of Nevada
  • Triwest
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Simon

See how frequently Dr. Simon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hemorrhoids
Appendicitis
Colorectal Cancer

Dr. Simon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Simon "Do it right the first time."

• General Surgery

• Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Surgery, Robotic Assisted
  • Thyroid Surgery
  • Varicose Vein Surgery

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Hahnemann University
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Simon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Simon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Simon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. Rose Dominican, Rose de Lima Campus

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Simon is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Simon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Simon to family and friends
Dr. Simon's Performance
in Henderson |
I recently had my gallbladder removed from Dr. Simon. He was highly recommended and I can see why. At my first appointment, he was very thorough and sat down with my husband and I to answer all of our questions. DJ, his office assistant was so efficient to get me on the surgical schedule promptly. While at the hospital, Dr. Simon took the time to meet with me before and after surgery. Finally, for the most important part, I have had phenomenal results! Quick recovery & minimal scarring!
in Las Vegas |
Dr. Simon was very knowledgeable about the problem I was having. He spent time with me explaining what needed to be done, what to expect during the procedure and what to expect afterward; His staff is very friendly and helpful. I would definitely go to him again.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Simon was my surgeon for inguinal hernia repair. He explained everything in detail. He is easy to talk to & assessable. On Monday his staff set up everything with Spring Valley for Thurs. surgery. His staff is friendly, professional and efficient. The surgery went well. I did not have any pain post surgery. Upon post surgery exam all seemed well. My son recommended this doctor and I am glad he did. If I ever need another surgery I would go to Dr. Simon.
Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Simon performed a laparoscopic cholecystectomy on me in late August 2017. During my pre surgery consult, he explained the plan and goal of surgery in great detail and reassured me that I would recover a week later. He's professional, yet funny and has great bedside manner,
in henderson, NV |
Absolutely "love" Dr. Simon and his team!! They are not only friendly and caring but professional too. My legs look great after so many years of problems!! Thank you!!!
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Simon is an excellent surgeon and a kind and caring physician. I would absolutely recommend him to family and friends.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I would highly recommend Dr. Simon. He is an excellent surgeon. Very friendly. Takes his time answering questions and made me feel comfortable. His staff is also very friendly, courteous and helpful. Can't say enough good things about my overall experience with Dr. Simon and his staff.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Had appendix rupture. He was the on call surgeon at St Rose Siena. Scheduled follow-up appointment with the dr for about 2 weeks later. Was still in obvious pain. Told him it hurts to sit for more than 20 minutes (sit all day for work) and still can't lift more than 20lbs. Told him a few more days off is needed to perform job. The doctor didn't care. Disability got denied because of what he said to them. He didn't even care to listen. Was too busy talking with his medical students.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I had my gallbladder removed by Dr. Simon. Being the nervous person that I am, Dr. Simon reassured me that everything would turn out fine and explained to me what I should expect after the surgery. Everything happened just as Dr. Simon explained and I am very pleased with that. There were no complications with my surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Simon for anyone undergoing surgery.
in Las Vegas, NV |
My experience was not a good one. Dr. Simon was more worried about what kind of benefits I had and if I would be covered for my testing than what I was actually there to see him for. He seemed to be disinterested in using the existing test results I had claiming he didn't trust them when in actuality they were conducted from a reputable source. I can't refer anyone to see him.
in Henderson, NV |
Overall I was pleased with my vein procedure experience & Dr. Simon was very helpful in explaining my vein issues with me & the steps necessary to correct my problem. Due to the timing of when I initially came to him (October), it was difficult to get my appointments scheduled promptly but I was able to get both legs done before the end of the year which was acceptable. I did have issues with my billing when I compared my charges to the claim forms from UHC so working through those now.
Have you seen Dr. Irwin Simon, MD?
Are you Dr. Simon?

Visit Dr. Simon

Dr. Simon accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada POS
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Federal Employee Program