Dr. Irvine Mason, MD

Neurology | Male

Neurology Pain Management 658 W Indiantown Rd Ste 212 Jupiter, FL 33458 Get Directions
Dr. Irvine Mason, MD
Dr. Irvine Mason, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Jupiter, FL. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Mason is affiliated with Jupiter Medical Center.

Dr. Mason's Experience

See how Dr. Mason's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mason

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Mason has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mason's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mason to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Mason's Performance
Jupiter, FL |
Dr. Mason diagnosed me with Myasthenia Gravis in a 10 minute visit, and prescribed a medicine that I found gives symptoms of Myasthenia Gravis itself. Went to another neurologist, who did a blood test, and told me I did not have Myasthenia Gravis. I went back to his office, and his receptionist refused to let me see him. I would not recommend him.
in Riviera Beach, FL |
I've read the prior reviews for Dr. Mason and I must confess that this has not been my experience at all. He has treated a number of serious ailments of mine and has been very thorough. He does tell you what he believes to be the diagnosis, but in my case he ordered a battery of tests to confirm it. I don't discount the experiences of other reviewers, but I have dealt with his staff to resolve several insurance issues and have found them helpful.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
His assistant was trying to get the notes from a prior visit to another Dr in the practice and he sat waiting. He asked why I was there and I told him. He had not examined me at that point but he diagnosed me from 5 ft away. Told me that I wasted the last 5 yrs with other Drs. Told me I would be cured before I left the office. Well I was not and I am not confident his diagnosis was anything but wrong. He is pretty full of himself. You would do well to avoid this guy. Go to anyone else.
West Palm Beach, FL |
My Father was under Dr. Mason care for over a year. Dr. Mason diagnosed my Father with Parkinson Disease. The treatment consisted of a range of medicine and vitamins that he was not responding to. Dr. Mason ordered no further tests and just kept telling us how great a Doctor he is, and adding medicine. After a completed DAT scan turns out my Father does not have Parkinson but has NPH. Dr. Mason never ordered the DAT test or bothered to check for anything else. He does tell good
in Jupiter Florida |
I saw Dr. Mason 7 years ago for the first time. I feel so blessed to reconnect with him as he is thorough in the medical profession and naturally caring to me as patient. I feel so much better now!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Love Dr. Mason however I absolutelu detest his office staff. This woman actually yelled at me because I asked for a script to get an EEG elsewhere since the only time that they offered was at 845AM. Like I work 40 hours a week and work all night the night prior and she made no accommodations and just yelled at me. As much as I like dr. Mason i am reluctant to go back.
in Jupiter, Fl |
Discharged me from his practice for family issues. Egotistical, narcissist, brash, patronizing, poor follow up. Difficulty getting appointments in afternoon.
in Jupiter, Florida |
Quickie exam, no personality. Likes to push vitamins and his special diet. Never calls patients back himself. Seems to want to work mornings only. Quick to diagnose without any testing or imaging. Rude staff too !
Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
His office staff is completely overwhelmed and could not deal with the minimum requirements of my insurance. They refused to speak to my insurance company nurse, who is their to deal with doctors, not patients, so I had to do it. They refused to get the results from my CPAP so I had to do it, calling twice to send a fax which Dr. Mason's staff claimed never arrived. There is no follow up by them and you get the feeling that they don't care.
in Jupiter, Florida |
After receiving a traumatic brain injury I looked for a local neurologist. Dr. Mason would not prescribe any needed medications and would talk me into buying things he knew I did not need. My experience with this doctor was a ripoff. He charged entirely too much money to do absolutely nothing to and for me. He would not even write me a note to return to work without more money.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
If I did not know better I would think he's a vitamin salesman. That's all he talks about. He should stick to Neurology. Janet Jackson Is the nastiest office staff person i have ever encountered. I will not go back to this doctor. She lost Dr Mason my business.
Have you seen Dr. Irvine Mason, MD?
Are you Dr. Mason?

Compare Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology

Dr. Mason has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mason's Board Certifications

• Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Torticollis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

Saint George`s University / School of Medicine

Graduated in 1984

Dr. Mason does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mason and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology