Dr. Irma Y. Castro, MD

Dr. Irma Y. Castro, MD

Family Medicine | Female | 56 years old

Dr. Castro specializes in Family Medicine and practices in Fresno, CA. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Castro? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Castro's Experience

See how Dr. Castro's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Castro

Dr. Castro accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Castro has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Castro
Dr. Castro's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (44)
in Fresno ca |
worst experience I have ever had ! Arrived 6:30 AM as the insurance told me to waisted 5 hours , and after dealing with the rude staff I sat back in the patient waiting room for two hours! Dr castro was rude,dismissive and only spent 5 minwith me.she did not address any of the issues I needed to address concerning it was my first visit with her. I left with none of my regular medications no check up, and a weird prescription for schizophrenia meds I left crying , frustrated, finding new dr!!!!
in Fresno, CA |
I have never had somebody be so rude to me and so inconsiderate. She's in and out and makes sure you know that she doesn't care. If you ask a questions she will get really annoyed and flustered. I put up with this for a long time. Everytime I went I was in tears afterwards. This recent visit was the last straw. After the visit i sat in my car crying and called medical to switch doctors. I told the doctor that I have never been treated like this in my old city and she said you better go back then
in Fresno, CA |
The worst doctor i've ever seen she rushed me out of my appointment after she lectured me about my pregnancy she is rude and very judgemental
Fresno, ca |
Long waiting periods . To make an appointment and be seen. Along with long waiting periods in the waiting room, atleast an hour... Then when she actually makes it into your room, she doesnt connect with her patients and tries to answer all questions for them. Plus, seems like she is always in a rush. Been with her for years, but each and everytime I visit I contemplate why I havent replaced her.
Fresno, CA |
I know a little bit about Dr. Castro. She is an extremely intelligent doctor who decided, on purpose, to have an office in a run down section of Fresno simply because she wants to be more accessible to people who are not rich. Her office is always busy because of her proximity and the clientele are often uneducated. She is a busy woman, but she is very intelligent. If you treat her with courtesy and respect, she will do the same back. I trust her.
in Fresno ca |
She is terrible. Very short and tries to get you out of the door as soon as she steps in the door. She doesn't connect at all.
Have you seen Dr. Irma Y. Castro, MD?
Are you Dr. Castro?

Dr. Castro's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for California.

Dr. Castro does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Castro and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

D Geffen Sch Of Med-Ucla

Graduated in 1989

White Mem Med Center

Dr. Castro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Castro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Castro does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Castro and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

Narrow your results

These featured providers are brought to you by and are on medical staff at: