Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD

Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD

Neurology •  Female • Age 37

Telehealth services available

Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Jacksonville, FL. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Marin Collazo to book an appointment.

Mayo Clinic - Florida

Jacksonville - Neurology4500 San Pablo Rd S Jacksonville, FL 32224

• Easy Scheduling Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews

More Neurology Specialists at Mayo Clinic - Florida

Dr. Marin Collazo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Marin Collazo

2.7

Dr. Marin Collazo?
She is arrogant, condescending, does not listen, rushes through answers so fast you can't keep up. MS is a lot to take in in 5 minutes (disappointing as it is a 6 hour round trip to see her!). She does NOT read or review the records prior to appointment. So the 5 minutes you get is her reviewing scans. VERY dismissive of symptoms and concerns. Does not care about treating the patient- only the disease. She talks at you- not to you... She does orders a lot of tests to find other issues but never follows up on any of the tests. She never responds to emails and her nurse is useless with her responses.
May 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
Dr. Marin Collazo has provided outstanding care. She has reviewed all test results pertaining to my condition in a clear and concise manner. She explained my diagnosis, outlined treatment options, and my prognosis. She answered all my questions as well as addressing all concerns I presented to her. I would highly recommend her to anyone in a similar situation.
Erik Gagne – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
After years of feeling like we were getting nowhere, we finally were able to get an appointment with the Mayo Clinic and Dr. Marin Callazo. Within a few minutes, she gave us a diagnosis that not one doctor in our home state was able to do. She spent time explaining and we never felt like she was rushing us. Moving forward, she will be my husbands primary provider to treat his MS. She is worth the 5.5 hour drive!
JB – Feb 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
Dr. Marin Collazo has been my Neurologist after several disappointing experiences with other clinicians in Miami. It didn't take more than a few weeks to get my first appointment with her, and although it was a long day -MRIs and labs were done in the morning, medical visit in the afternoon- and log trip -we drove the day before from Miami, 5 and a half hours with stops-it was totally worth it. She listened to every concern and answered every question my husband and I had. She performed a complete neurological exam, reviewed the MRIs (past and the one from the same day) and confirmed the diagnostic. She also prescribed meds and started a treatment plan. Perhaps it is a cultural thing, but I am baffled about other patients having a negative comment about Dr. Collazo Marin. I trust her completely and will continue under her medical care as long as I need to. I do suggest that if you need to communicate with her, do it via the Mayo app (the portal). Her two nurses are quick responders.
Jul 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
I wouldn’t recommend Dr Marin Collazo to a toad. She didn’t listen to anything said and apparently she didn’t read or review the records she requested. It was a dangerous waste of time because she missed a serious neurological condition. Other reviews of Collazo being dismissive and condescending are correct. Collazo represents the physician aspect of declining our health system... there’s no care, no attention to detail and no regard for human suffering... just a business of poor health treatment and big profits. Mayo is not what it used to be -
FL – Jun 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
I have had wonderful doctors at Mayo Clinic, and went to Mayo Clinic and paid money out of pocket to get the best. SHE IS NOT THAT... She is arrogant, condescending, she rushed through, did not answer questions, and has me in limbo. My situation is complicated, but to date after several months she has not done anything. She has said we have to rule out other possibilities but has not ordered one test to do this. The notes she took were inaccurate and I have tried to correct key points without success. I have sent many emails and get little to no response, or if I finally get a response, it is clear she has not read anything I have sent her. I am getting worse and desperately need help, and for what I am paying I need someone who cares, and who actually wants to help.
May 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
To be honest I did not feel that comfortable with Dr. Marin Collazo, I just expected more from a Neurologist from the Mayo Clinic, because my other doctors there were terrific. I can relate to the patients that said they felt rushed and like she didn’t really care. When you drive 6 hours and wait months to see a Mayo doctor for some much needed answers, it’s disheartening when they don’t look at your reports from your medical history, because they have “limited time” for your visit, ot look you in the eye when you are answering their questions. I felt like she listening very closely and I was right because when her report came up, she got several key facts wrong about my past experiences after my MS diagnosis. I did appreciate her efficiency in exploring other areas of neurological conditions, and arranging for further testing for me, but Dr. Collazo’s affect is very flat and that makes the patient feel like things they share with her are unimportant.
Bulletproof Butterfly – May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
Dr. Collazo is such a nice and caring doctor. The only doctor who has made me feel comfort. I was very anxious about the possibility of having MS and she took that away by giving me options and advice. Highly recommend. She’s incredibly smart and I wouldn’t want anyone else to be my doctor. She went out of her way to speak to both of my parents about my condition in Spanish reassuring them that everything would be okay and that I could still live a normal life.
Jacksonville , FL – Feb 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
My husband and I really appreciated the time Dr. Marin Collazo spent with us and gave us the peace that we have been searching for during the past year with my dx of MS in 2016.
Julie in Opelika – Apr 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
Prior to my neurological evaluation I felt anxious, but was relieved that Dr. Marin-Collazo was very nice and professional. She is soft-spoken. I feel my evaluation was thorough and she patiently answered all of my questions.
CKA – Feb 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
Had a similar experience as last reviewer. Got the distinct impression she holds herself extremely “above “ her patients... perhaps private practice is not a good choice for this physician?
Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
She has absolutely no bed side manner. She's not personable or pleasant in any way. She doesn't listen & has a condescending attitude & demeanor that makes the entire office visit extremely unpleasant. I was rushed though my neuro exam which made me stressed out- making it difficult to do the exercises she requested. I could tell she was getting frustrated with me when I couldn't hop on one foot or walk backwards. She just stood there looking at me like I was an idiot. Go to someone else!!!
Dec 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Marin Collazo?

Dr. Marin Collazo accepts

Dr. Marin Collazo accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
BlueDental Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Marin Collazo's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Marin Collazo's Top Procedures and Conditions

Brain Disorders

Dr. Marin Collazo treats Brain Disorders more than 70% of her peers

Dr. Marin Collazo treats this condition more than 70% of her peers

Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Dr. Marin Collazo treats Multiple Sclerosis (MS) more than 61% of her peers

Dr. Marin Collazo treats this condition more than 61% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Benign Multiple Sclerosis
  • Familial Multiple Sclerosis
  • Multiple Sclerosis, Pediatric
  • Optic-Spinal Form of Multiple Sclerosis
  • Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis
  • Pseudotumoral Form of Multiple Sclerosis
  • Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis
Hide other areas of care
Low Back Pain

• Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lumbar Puncture
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vasculitis
  • Vertigo

Vanessa Marin Collazo, is a neurologist with specialty in Multiple Sclerosis.

Her clinical focuses are: Diagnosis and management of Demyelinating/Autoimmune Diseases of the Central Nervous System, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuromyelitis Optica...

• Neurology

• Educational Grant Award, 2017
  • Scientific Program Grant Award, 2016
  • Master Multiple Sclerosis Fellow, 2016
  • Educational Grant Award, 2016
  • Neurology on the Hill Award, 2016

• Facial Myokymia and Hemifacial Spasm in Multiple Sclerosis: A Descriptive Study on Clinical Features and Treatment Outcomes.,

Memberships & Affiliations

• Alpha Omega Alpha-Honor Medical Society, Member
  • American Academy of Neurology, Member
  • American Medical Association, Member

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Marin Collazo communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Marin Collazo offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Marin Collazo offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Marin Collazo have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Marin Collazo offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Marin Collazo offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (904) 953-2000