Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD is a neurology specialist in Jacksonville, FL and has been practicing for 3 years. She specializes in neurology.

Dr. Marin Collazo accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Marin Collazo has indicated that she accepts most major insurance carriers

(904) 717-0208Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Marin Collazo's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Marin Collazo's Top Procedures and Conditions

Brain Disorders

Dr. Marin Collazo treats Brain Disorders more than 70% of her peers

Dr. Marin Collazo treats this condition more than 70% of her peers

Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Dr. Marin Collazo treats Multiple Sclerosis (MS) more than 61% of her peers

Dr. Marin Collazo treats this condition more than 61% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Benign Multiple Sclerosis

• Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lumbar Puncture
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vasculitis
  • Vertigo

Vanessa Marin Collazo, is a neurologist with specialty in Multiple Sclerosis.

Her clinical focuses are: Diagnosis and management of Demyelinating/Autoimmune Diseases of the Central Nervous System, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuromyelitis Optica...

• Neurology

• Educational Grant Award, 2017
  • Neurology on the Hill Award, 2016
  • Master Multiple Sclerosis Fellow, 2016
  • Scientific Program Grant Award, 2016

• Facial Myokymia and Hemifacial Spasm in Multiple Sclerosis: A Descriptive Study on Clinical Features and Treatment Outcomes.,

Memberships & Affiliations

2.5

Dr. Marin Collazo?
Dr. Marin Collazo's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD
Dr. Marin Collazo has been my Neurologist after several disappointing experiences with other clinicians in Miami. It didn't take more than a few weeks to get my first appointment with her, and although it was a long day -MRIs and labs were done in the morning, medical visit in the afternoon- and log trip -we drove the day before from Miami, 5 and a half hours with stops-it was totally worth it. She listened to every concern and answered every question my husband and I had. She performed a complete neurological exam, reviewed the MRIs (past and the one from the same day) and confirmed the diagnostic. She also prescribed meds and started a treatment plan. Perhaps it is a cultural thing, but I am baffled about other patients having a negative comment about Dr. Collazo Marin. I trust her completely and will continue under her medical care as long as I need to. I do suggest that if you need to communicate with her, do it via the Mayo app (the portal). Her two nurses are quick responders.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
I wouldn’t recommend Dr Marin Collazo to a toad. She didn’t listen to anything said and apparently she didn’t read or review the records she requested. It was a dangerous waste of time because she missed a serious neurological condition. Other reviews of Collazo being dismissive and condescending are correct. Collazo represents the physician aspect of declining our health system... there’s no care, no attention to detail and no regard for human suffering... just a business of poor health treatment and big profits. Mayo is not what it used to be -
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
I have had wonderful doctors at Mayo Clinic, and went to Mayo Clinic and paid money out of pocket to get the best. SHE IS NOT THAT... She is arrogant, condescending, she rushed through, did not answer questions, and has me in limbo. My situation is complicated, but to date after several months she has not done anything. She has said we have to rule out other possibilities but has not ordered one test to do this. The notes she took were inaccurate and I have tried to correct key points without success. I have sent many emails and get little to no response, or if I finally get a response, it is clear she has not read anything I have sent her. I am getting worse and desperately need help, and for what I am paying I need someone who cares, and who actually wants to help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
To be honest I did not feel that comfortable with Dr. Marin Collazo, I just expected more from a Neurologist from the Mayo Clinic, because my other doctors there were terrific. I can relate to the patients that said they felt rushed and like she didn’t really care. When you drive 6 hours and wait months to see a Mayo doctor for some much needed answers, it’s disheartening when they don’t look at your reports from your medical history, because they have “limited time” for your visit, ot look you in the eye when you are answering their questions. I felt like she listening very closely and I was right because when her report came up, she got several key facts wrong about my past experiences after my MS diagnosis. I did appreciate her efficiency in exploring other areas of neurological conditions, and arranging for further testing for me, but Dr. Collazo’s affect is very flat and that makes the patient feel like things they share with her are unimportant.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
Dr. Collazo is such a nice and caring doctor. The only doctor who has made me feel comfort. I was very anxious about the possibility of having MS and she took that away by giving me options and advice. Highly recommend. She’s incredibly smart and I wouldn’t want anyone else to be my doctor. She went out of her way to speak to both of my parents about my condition in Spanish reassuring them that everything would be okay and that I could still live a normal life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
My husband and I really appreciated the time Dr. Marin Collazo spent with us and gave us the peace that we have been searching for during the past year with my dx of MS in 2016.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
Prior to my neurological evaluation I felt anxious, but was relieved that Dr. Marin-Collazo was very nice and professional. She is soft-spoken. I feel my evaluation was thorough and she patiently answered all of my questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
Had a similar experience as last reviewer. Got the distinct impression she holds herself extremely “above “ her patients... perhaps private practice is not a good choice for this physician?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?
She has absolutely no bed side manner. She's not personable or pleasant in any way. She doesn't listen & has a condescending attitude & demeanor that makes the entire office visit extremely unpleasant. I was rushed though my neuro exam which made me stressed out- making it difficult to do the exercises she requested. I could tell she was getting frustrated with me when I couldn't hop on one foot or walk backwards. She just stood there looking at me like I was an idiot. Go to someone else!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Iris Marin Collazo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Marin Collazo?

Compare Providers