Pediatrics  |
Dr. Irina Anselm, MD
As a child, I always knew I wanted to be a physician. I found my passion for child neurology during my last years of medical school in Saint Petersburg, Russia. After immigrating to the United States, I continued training in child neurology, finally joining the Neurology Department at Boston Children's Hospital in 1998. I always had an interest in genetic and hereditary disorders, but later developed a special interest in mitochondrial diseases. The complexity and variability of these disorders presents a challenge, but it is also an exciting field with many innovative studies currently underway. As Director of the Mitochondrial Program, I apply the latest techniques to help our patients and their families manage their disorders. One of my top concerns is improving the quality of life for patients through the study and development of new drugs and therapies. My interest in neurometabolic and neurodegenerative disorders led me to develop a joint Neurometabolic Program with the Division of Metabolism. We see patients with undiagnosed and very rare disorders who have struggled to learn more about their conditions. New diagnostic methods allow us to provide answers for many of these families, as well as genetic counseling and special or experimental treatments.

300 Longwood Ave

Boston, MA 02115

Dr. Irina Anselm, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Anselm

Dr. Anselm's Experience

Dr. Anselm's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatrics

• Neurological Diseases
  • Pediatric Neurological Disorders
  • Vertigo

• Neurological Testing

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Leningrad Medical Pediatrics Institute
  • University Of Massachusetts Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • New England Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Anselm has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Anselm does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Anselm and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Anselm's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Anselm to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Anselm's Performance
in Brookline, MA |
Dr. Anselm is a fantastic doctor and a superb human being. She has been taking care of my family for many years. She is very patient, very detail oriented. She has supported us through a very difficult time of dealing with a devastating condition. I would recommend her to everyone, who needs help with a serious disease. Thank God for Dr. Anselm!
Weston, MA |
poor bedside manner, does not explain problem to parents, left wondering why we went to see her, bad recommendation, would not recommend to anyone
in Boston, MA |
Dr. Anselm is a fantastic doctor especially when it comes to Mitochondrial disorders. Dr. Anselm took great care of my sister who passed away recently, did so with all of her heart. My sister felt as if Dr. Anselm was a second mother to her. My sister was sick her whole life and was not aware of her having of Mito until she met Dr. Anselm. I could not have asked for a better doctor to take care of my sister. She is the type of Dr you can put all your trust in with ease. I recommend her for all.
Have you seen Dr. Irina Anselm, MD?
Are you Dr. Anselm?