Dr. Irina A. Anselm, MD

Dr. Irina A. Anselm, MD

Pediatrics | Female | 56 years old

Personal Bio

Dr. Anselm's Experience

See how Dr. Anselm's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Anselm

Dr. Anselm accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Anselm has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Anselm
Dr. Anselm's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (21)
Weston, MA |
poor bedside manner, does not explain problem to parents, left wondering why we went to see her, bad recommendation, would not recommend to anyone
in Lexington, MA |
She is very rude and disrespectful. She acted this way both times so it seems to be truly how she is. She made the wrong diagnosis and scared us until we got another opinion at Tufts that seems like a more accurate diagnosis. She sent us for testing that didn't make sense. When we returned for another appointment with her to get the lab results she told us that she already called us with the result- she definitely had not called us. She then left in a hurry and quickly said our son had was fine.
in Boston, MA |
Dr. Anselm is a fantastic doctor especially when it comes to Mitochondrial disorders. Dr. Anselm took great care of my sister who passed away recently, did so with all of her heart. My sister felt as if Dr. Anselm was a second mother to her. My sister was sick her whole life and was not aware of her having of Mito until she met Dr. Anselm. I could not have asked for a better doctor to take care of my sister. She is the type of Dr you can put all your trust in with ease. I recommend her for all.
Have you seen Dr. Irina A. Anselm, MD?
Are you Dr. Anselm?

Compare Dr. Anselm

Dr. Anselm says...

As a child, I always knew I wanted to be a physician. I found my passion for child neurology during my last years of medical school in Saint Petersburg, Russia. After immigrating to the United States, I continued training in child neurology, finally joining the Neurology Department at Boston Children's Hospital in 1998.

I always had an interest in genetic and hereditary disorders, but later developed a special interest in mitochondrial diseases. The complexity and variability of these disorders presents a challenge, but it is also an exciting field with many innovative studies currently underway. As Director of the Mitochondrial Program, I apply the latest techniques to help our patients and their families manage their disorders. One of my top concerns is improving the quality of life for patients through the study and development of new drugs and therapies.

My interest in neurometabolic and neurodegenerative disorders led me to develop a joint Neurometabolic Program with the Division of Metabolism. We see patients with undiagnosed and very rare disorders who have struggled to learn more about their conditions. New diagnostic methods allow us to provide answers for many of these families, as well as genetic counseling and special or experimental treatments.

Dr. Anselm's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatrics
  •  Board certified in Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology

Dr. Anselm has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Anselm's Board Certifications

Completed in 1995

New England Medical Center

Completed in 1998

• Russian

Dr. Anselm does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Anselm and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatrics
  • Pediatric Neurology

Dr. Anselm does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Anselm and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.