Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD

NeurologyMaleAge 46

Neurology

Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Sugar Land, TX and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Lalani has extensive experience in Headache, Neurodegenerative Disorders, and Neuromuscular & Movement Disorders. He graduated from Aga Khan Medical College, The Aga Khan University medical school in 1999. He is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital, winner of the Stroke Care Excellence Award. He is also affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health–Sugar Land Hospital. His office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD
16605 Southwest Fwy Ste 320 Sugar Land, TX 77479 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Neurology Specialists

Compare Dr. Lalani with our nearby Neurology Specialists at HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center.

Make an appointment at HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center today at (281) 417-4665.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center.

Dr. Lalani's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lalani

3.3

Very disappointed patient.
Scheduling took a long time, the staff took multiple attempts and much time lost to get a work order correct. Given what I was paying, I was very disappointed in the quality of care that I received.
Bilesh Ladva – May 11, 2022
Do not recommend
I’ve been experiencing cluster migraines that last for several weeks, when I went to see Dr Lalani he prescribed me the same thing every time and it never works so I tried to explain to him that the medicine was not working and he basically told me well what you want me to do and walked out our appointment before I could say another word. I switched Drs after that. Very rude
Apr 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
Dr. Lalani listens to his patients. He genuinely cares.
Judy ONeal – Dec 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
I have an inflammation in my lumbar portion of my spinal cord. I saw Dr. Lalani on Dec 30th 2020 and was admitted to the Methodist Hospital for Transverse Myelitis and treated with steroids over the next 5 days. Follow up appointments with Dr. Lalani were all virtual. He kept telling me I would get better when I knew I was not. On the last virtual appointment in April 2021 I explained my decline and he guaranteed me that I would get better. He actually waved me off on the virtual appointment. It was recommended that I see Dr. Phillip Blum at Herman Memorial. He re-evaluated me and the test confirmed that the inflammation had never been stopped and my condition has worsend. Dr. Blum is now treating the inflammation very aggressively and God Willing I will get may ability to walk again.
James Tolar – Dec 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
Can't say anything about Dr. Lalani one way or the other but I can say that his office is unorganized and Sharon is the rudest individual ever. I waited a month to get a virtual appointment and the day of, receive a call from someone saying I hadn't completed information on a "second portal". I'd just spoken with Sharon the day before and she never mentioned needing additional information. So I completed it and still waited 40 minutes online and the doctor never showed up. I called the office to see why there was a delay and was notified that I may have to wait 1.5 to 2 hours to see the doctor. UNBELIEVEABLE. If you can get an appointment with another Methodist doc, try that. I would give ZERO stars if I could.
May 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
I think Dr. Lalani is wonderful. He has certainly changed my life and has helped me manage my pain for several years. I have referred friends to him who have also been very pleased.
Mary – Apr 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
Dr. Lalani is an outstanding physician. He speaks in a manner that I can understand every word he says. We have a good rapport. I wish all of my doctors were like him.
Roy B – Apr 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
Dr. Lalani is very knowledgeable and caring. He addressed all of my concerns and question during my visit. His staff is very helpful.
Great Doctor! – Mar 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
Overall a great and professional doctor.
Daniela – Mar 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
It was a Virtual visit which I was able to make online through their website. Dr. Lalani had been highly recommend and I was not disappointed. He explained my condition in a manner which was easy to understand and the various treatment options for my Myasthenia Gravis. He was very thorough, professional, and pleasant to deal with.
R Marslender – Feb 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
I have found Dr. Lalani to be a very kind, caring, and knowledgable professional. I have low back, hips and neck/shoulder pain. After the first visit and ordering of imaging, he has always tried conservative measures first, then advanced from there. He is not hesitant when the conditions arise to send you another specialist such as a neurosurgeon for another set of eyes on the problem. Yes, there is a wait time, just like there is in all of the other healthcare providers I see from optometrists and chiropractors to cardiologists and gastroenternologists. His most outstanding trait is he is so very very kind and so very humble !
Oct 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
Dr Lalania has been my doctor since 2014. He will listen, compassionate, kind, and very helpful with my diagnosis.
A.Fisk – Sep 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
I had an appointment on 07.01.2020 at 1 pm. I have received a confirmed email. I am here and a doctor's door is closed. Not any sign, not any note that they are not working. I am trying to understand what is going on about 10min. Nothing. After 10 times trying calls I riched a doctor reception. And they say that they are doing diagnoses only by phone. I have not any notification or email about this. And reception says that I will get a text message with a link for phone diagnoses at 1 to 1:15 pm. I am waiting for 40 min. NO any message. I drove 15 min with terrible back pain to be in time and no result. They are not professional. They do not care about their patients. They make nervous and difficult. HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED!
Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
I was referred by my PCP due to my back pain. This idiot (dr. Lalani) referred me to do physical therapy without ever ordering an MRI to find out what’s wrong with my spine. After 2 months of PT and over $2k spent, I am still in excruciating pain. He finally decided to order an MRI and after waiting over an hour and 30 minutes, he showed up for 5 minutes and wanted to recommend PT again coupled with an invasive procedure. I wasted my time for 3 months dealing with this inept idiot. If you care for your health, value your time and money, then stay away from this so call doctor. He does not care one bit and lacks compassion. He only cares about the money.
Abu Alpha Khan – Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
Dr Lalani had been my Doctor for years. He is attentive, kind, compassionate and most of all knowledgeable. He had treated my injury professionally. I can’t say enough good things about him.
Charles – Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
Outstanding in every way! Dr. Lalani ordered an MRI, diagnosed the problem, performed a procedure to remove cysts from lumbar spine, and the results were life changing. I am a very grateful patient.
Sandra Commito – Jul 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
Not really planning to do that. This is my second visit and I’ve been waiting for 45 minutes to see him. I had a 10:15 appointment . I’m really not happy with this . He is either extremely popular or extremely slow!! He’s a really great doctor I HATE to wait??
Apr 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
Waited 1 hour and 10 minutes in exam room. Spent approx 4 mins and 30 seconds with me. I know because I timed it.
May 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
This doctor is awful and lacks compassion. If I was assisted with the same urgency that was exhausted to take my payment, then I would’ve rated him higher. What a waste of my time!
Sugar Linda – Mar 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?
Awful.! Diagnosed or should I say misdiagnosed me with Lupus after a 2 minute conversation. No labs, No examination, No diagnostic test. He could care less and it really shows.
Richmond – Feb 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lalani?

Dr. Lalani is currently in private practice in Sugar Land, TX. His unique background in neurology gives him an in-depth understanding of the structure...Read more

• Pain Medicine

1994
Aga Khan U

• Gujarati
  • Hindi

What other Neurology Specialists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Neurology Specialists.

Does Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Lalani has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

What are Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Lalani frequently treats Headache, Neurodegenerative Disorders, and Neuromuscular & Movement Disorders. See all practice areas where Dr. Lalani specializes.

Where is Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD's office located?

Dr. Lalani's office is located at 16605 Southwest Fwy Ste 320, Sugar Land, TX 77479. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages does Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD speak?

Dr. Lalani speaks Gujarati, Hindi, and English. View profile to see all.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Irfan Lalani, MD?

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Lalani

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Lalani treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Lalani treats other conditions, please contact the office at (281) 265-0225.

Headache

Headache is a common symptom that can sometimes signal a more serious condition, such as migraine, high blood pressure, or cerebral hemorrhage.Compare with other Headache specialists.

Dr. Lalani is experienced in the area of Headache. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 6 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Headache
Migraine
Tension Headache

Neurodegenerative Disorders

Neurodegenerative disorders specialists diagnose and treat diseases, such as Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Lewy body disease, and Huntington's disease, that break down motor neurons, resulting in debiliating and life-threatening symptoms.Compare with other Neurodegenerative Disorders specialists.

Dr. Lalani is experienced in the area of Neurodegenerative Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

Alzheimer's Disease
Dementia or Depression Screening
Dementia
Parkinson's Disease

Neuromuscular & Movement Disorders

Neuromuscular and movement disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions marked by uncontrolled or unwanted physical movements caused by disruptions in nerve and muscle function.Compare with other Neuromuscular & Movement Disorders specialists.

Dr. Lalani is experienced in the area of Neuromuscular & Movement Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 33 conditions and procedures

Peripheral Nerve Disorders
Restless Leg Syndrome
Gait Abnormality
Brachial Plexus Palsy

Neurocritical Care Disorders

Neurocritical care specialists diagnose and treat severe and life-threatening neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord injury, brain tumor, and traumatic brain injuryCompare with other Neurocritical Care Disorders specialists.

Dr. Lalani is experienced in the area of Neurocritical Care Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chordoma
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Insomnia
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Memory Evaluation
  • Meningitis
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Nerve Root Block
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Pseudobulbar Affect
  • Quantitative Sensory Test (QST)
  • Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation
  • Sleep Study
  • Sleep-Related Leg Cramp
  • Sleep-Walking
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Stiff-Man Syndrome
  • TCD Bubble Test
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Tingling Sensation
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitamin B Deficiency
  • Wada Test

Dr. Lalani accepts

Dr. Lalani accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter