Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Ira Guttentag, MD
Dr. Ira Guttentag, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Guttentag is affiliated with Florida Hospital Tampa and Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel.

14547 Bruce B Downs Blvd # C

• CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida

Learn about Dr. Guttentag

Dr. Guttentag's Experience

Dr. Guttentag's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

• Albert Einstein College Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Matthews Orth Clin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Guttentag has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Guttentag does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Guttentag and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Guttentag's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guttentag to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Guttentag's Performance
in Thonotosassa, Fl |
I had appointments with a couple of Orthopedic doctors in my search for my knee issues and am so thankful I chose Dr. Guttentag. He is very thorough, detailed and professional. He is very busy and I suggest making a list of questions you may have, as he will take the time to answer them. He has an excellent team in the office and surgery. Dr. G performed a partial knee replacement on left knee in May and the right knee in July.
in Odessa, Fl. |
Had total knee replacement in April 2017. Dr. Guttentag is a great surgeon and his staff is very responsive and organized. Each step was covered with written information and all questions answered by staff. It is three months out and I feel really good. Very happy I had this done with Dr. Guttentag as my surgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Guttentag for TKR.
Lutz, FL |
Dr Guttentag performed a total knee replacement on May 26, 2017. He gave me a complete pass to resume all activities on July 5. Excellent orthopedic dr. with excellent bedside manners. I would highly recommend him.
in Wesley Chapel, FL |
I can't say enough great things about Dr G. He did a partial knee replacement for me. I am now pain free. I wasn't afraid at all, everything was a matter of fact, therapy was tough, but good. I was back to work in about 3 weeks. He's your man if you need this procedure done!
in Zephyrhills, FL |
6 Stars for the staff and 6 stars for Dr. Guttentag .... He told me to lay out for two days and then do what I do. Very professional knee is back to normal with no issues. Thank You So Much for your knowledge and expertise ..... He's the Greatestest Ever! John
in Zephyrhills, FL |
Dr. Guttentag is an amazing surgeon. I had a complete knee replacement on Jan.23,2017 . I was so glad to get this done,I was in so much pain with my knee. I love country line dancing . My husband and I was slow dancing within 2 weeks after surgery . He did a fabulous job on my knee !! My knee feels better than it has in 15 years !! I would recommend Dr. Guttentag to anyone who needs knee replacement !! Thank you !!
in Dover, Fl |
Dr Guttentag and his staff were the absolute best!!!! Everyone at FMC was great. Dr Guttentag performed my knee surgery and i only missed 3 days from work with very little pain meds. This is due to the "special" ice cooler that he and his staff recommended. The best $150 i ever spent!!! I have told anyone who will listen to chose him and FMC for any and all procedures. I can't thank him or the staff enough!!! Aleks S.
in Land O Lakes, FL |
I continue to be very impressed with the care that I have received from Dr. Guttentag aand his associates. I had a total knee replacement. It is the hardest thing that I have ever been through.. I was impressed with the education that I received about what I was going to be going through. I was also impressed with the post-op process. I was released from the hospital on Saturday and my first in home physical therapy was on Sunday. I would recommend him, unequivocally.
in Tampa, FL |
I had a total knee replacement in March, 2016. It is one of the best things I ever did and I am very happy to have Dr. Guttentag as my doctor. He is obviously very knowledgeable in his field and very proficient in his craft. I would definitely trust him to take care of any orthopedic need that I would have. I highly recommend him.
in Tampa, FL |
I Highly recommend Dr. Guttentag. His level of professionalism and confidence of diagnosis/surgery and follow-up was superb and He was very honest with outcome expectations.
in Tampa, FL |
I have had 2 knee replacements with Dr. Guttentag, he is an excellent Doctor who is truly gifted surgeon, he has an amazing team that went out of their way to allay my worries and answer all my questions, He has a very robust regiment for physical therapy to ensure that my recovery was not only ahead of schedule but also to ensure that my quality of life would be as and now even better than it was prior to surgery, I highly recommend him to all my friends as well as patients who need his help.
Lithia, FL |
A few weeks ago I could barely walk because of a total knee replacement I had done in Michigan in 2015 failed completely. I was referred to Dr. Guttentag. After reviewing X-rays and discussing my options surgery was scheduled. Dr. Guttentag said to me at my first appointment "We are going to take good care of you". And he did! Now almost four weeks after surgery I am walking normal again! Thank you Dr. Guttentag and your entire caring staff. You are all the best!
in Tampa, FL |
Had knee replacement came out great. Physical therapy there was great Ken is the best.
in Lutz, FL |
Had a total knee replacement in November, back on my bicycle by December and looking forward to my left knee replacement in July. Dr. Guttentag is pleasant, extremely knowledgeable, efficient and proficient. Pain management was handled extremely well, I never had real pain, just soreness. The entire process was well managed, from office visits to rehab. Highly recommend.
in Valrico, FL |
DR. Guttentag is a consummate professional and caring person who is patient oriented. He listens to concerns and provides information for the total process and procedures a patient will experience. My positive outcome and speedy recovery are a result of his skills and the team effort his colleagues afforded me. John Gunia
in Wesley Chapel, FL |
I am so happy I found Dr. Guttentag. He is an expert in his profession. I had complete knee replacement. I am good as new!! I was really concern and scared. I did not know only certain doctors would or could take cases like mine. I was glad he took my case; as it required special skill and expertise in this surgery area. But as I know now...there was no need for any worry at all. Dr. Guttentag is a is a world-class surgeon, professional and easy to talk to about your condition!! He is Great!!
in Lutz, FL |
Extremely experienced surgeon. Head surgeon for Tampa Bay Lightening Sports team. He performed a total knee replacement on my husband and he is in no pain post surgery! I had rotator cuff surgery in December 2016 and my recovery has been miraculous. You are in the best hands with this man! Definitely recommend.
in Land O Lakes, FL |
Dr Guttentag is a very good surgeon. He tells you like it is and if you listen to him things turn out. I recommend him to a lot of people. He has done my rotator cuff and a total knee replacement. Both turned out great.
in Zephyrhills, FL |
Dr. Guttentag has helped me twice! I had rotator cuff surgery in 2015 and a total knee replacement in 2016. Both surgeries were completely successful and I had complete recoveries. He is an excellent doctor.
in Pinellas Park, FL |
The day after surgery I walked (with a walker for safety) to therapy. Of the other patients in the therapy class, including some that had surgery days earlier, I was able to do more than any of them. I am now 3 months past my surgery and can live my life normally. I have recommended Dr. Guttentag to several of my neighbors and friends. He does great work.
in Port Richey, FL |
Dr. Guttentag's surgeries make you whole again ~ great surgeon!
in Deland, FL |
12 years ago, Dr. Guttentag performed a Right Total Knee Replacement on me. I recovered rapidly in 4 -5 weeks. We now live 2 hours away from the doc. I went to other surgeons for left knee pain, closer to me but, I was not confident with any of them for surgery. I returned to Dr. Guttentag for left knee surgery. Friends would ask me "why are you going that far away for surgery"? Oct. 31st he performed left total knee replacement, minimally invasive & about a 4 " scar & short recovery time.
Valrico, FL |
The best surgeon I've met! I recently had knee surgery and couldn't be more pleased with the attention, care, and surgical outcome I received. If the Tampa Bay Lightning trust him as their team surgeon then I certainly would again!
in Brandon |
i came To Dr. Guttentag with a severely torn rotator cuff and other shoulder injuries. He is knowledgeable, personable, thorough and does not make his patients feel rushed. My experience with him and his staff was excellent and I would, without hesitation, recommend him to anyone requiring an outstanding Orthopedic physician.
in Thonotosassa, FL |
Very knowledgeable and informative. He has as a very nice manner with the way he spoke with me and made me feel very comfortable.
in Dade City, FL |
Wonderful doctor and exceptional surgeon. Total Knee Replacement following other knee 8 years ago - this one much "easier." Uses most modern procedures, excellent and caring office staff, and best physical therapy I have ever experienced. Rescheduled surgery two weeks just prior to operation to insure existing medication levels were exactly what he deemed safe. Extremely knowledgeable and patient oriented. Next up is rotator cuff repair. Kept spouse fully informed. KNOWS orthopedics.
in San Antonio |
I had a complete right knee replacement a few years ago. I have no pain & NO ONE has ever seen a scar that is very light and straight. Dr Guttentag hires the Best .. If I was going to have a left total I would request the same professional to stitch me up.. I have had left knee problems, we tried the shot & the 3 gel shots.. When I went back to See Dr Guttentag he explained I needed a Partial. Did not force me said I would Know when I was ready. 2/14/17 Is My surgery.. I am ready Thank You !
in Lutz, Florida |
Dr. Guttentag listen to my concerns and addressed them. I'm very excited about how well my knee is responding to my new parts. It's been over 10 yrs of pain and instability. Those concerns are gone! Thanks Doc!
in Land O Lakes, FL |
I am 67 years old and had a total knee replacement on Nov. 30, 2016. Dr. Guttentag was extremely friendly and professional right from my first visit and was easy to talk to when discussing the pros and cons of surgery and what I could expect. He and his staff guided me through the surgery, post op, physical therapy and the pain that a full recovery requires. Recovery was painful, but with their support I now have full range of motion and can do everything (yoga/biking/weights, etc.). YAY!!
in Tampa, FL |
I have visited Dr Gutentag or an injury I acquired while working my job. It's important to know how and why my injury occurred and will affect me in the future and the doctor explained it all. I especially feel confident in his work for a few reasons. 1. He records everything he has done to treat me on his recorder. 2. Actually shows he cares like you are his first and only patient 3. He's the lead orthopedic surgeon for the Tampa Bay Lightning hockey team. Personally I'm a flyers fan lol
in Land O Lakes, FL |
I have been operated on by Dr Guttentag at the very least 8 times for various injury's to my body, including 2 complete knee replacements, and i do recommend him very highly to everyone i talk to about surgery's. I have had at least 3 or possibly 4 people that have been to him and are completely satisfied. I have always found him to be honest and trustworthy and I always feel completely safe with him. I have been going to him for almost 20 years and would trust him with everything he tells me.
in Valrico, FL |
Very thorugh and up to date on the latest advancements in knee replacement. Staff very friendly and professional. Answers all concerns and questions thoroughly. Very personable and congenial as well as professional.
Orlando, FL |
Horrible patient advocate. If you want a patient advocate and someone who cares about their patient's futures, RUN the other way. I would leave a negative star rating if possible.
in Tampa, FL |
Terrible! I'd never seen him before yet he made negative judgements about both my intellect and what I told him about medical problems. I won't go back!!
Have you seen Dr. Ira Guttentag, MD?
Are you Dr. Guttentag?

• Coventry Health Care of Florida
    Employer Group Open Access HMO
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
    Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medica