Dr. Ira Goodman, MD

Dr. Goodman
Telehealth services available

Pain Specialist Greater Chicago

7055 High Grove Blvd Ste 100 Burr Ridge, IL 60527

Dr. Ira Goodman, MD is a Anesthesiology Specialist in Burr Ridge, IL and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Rush Medical College Of Rush University medical school in 1983. He is affiliated with Adventist Hinsdale Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Goodman to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Anesthesiology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Goodman is affiliated with Adventist Hinsdale Hospital Hinsdale, a highly rated hospital.

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

2 disciplinary actions Found
  • Disciplinary action in another state (2/26/2018)View details
  • Misprescribing or Overprescribing Drugs (1/23/2017)View details
No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Goodman treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Goodman's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Postoperative Pain
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Postoperative Pain
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Stellate Ganglion Block
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Goodman accepts

Dr. Goodman accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care

3.0

40.35087719298246%
8.771929824561404%

Dr. Goodman?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (32)
  • Office environment (31)
  • Wait times (6)
  • Long wait times (33)
  • Appointment was rushed (19)
  • Office environment (12)
I was referred to Dr Goodman by a friend. I am very glad I followed through with the visit. On appointment day, it was getting very late in the day to the point where the office was completely deserted. Dr Goodman still took the time to visit with me for well over an hour. He instilled confidence in me that surgery doesn’t have to be an option. Dr Goodman doesn’t accept my insurance which i did not know going in. However, he found a way to make things work by offering up his partner to administer the injections he prescribed. Dr Goodman sincerely did everything he could to make sure there was a plan of care for me that made sense for my individual situation. Dr Goodman is a no nonsense doctor that finds a way, regardless of the situation, to make things work. Unconventional or not, he gets the job done! I’m thankful for Dr Goodman, his professionalism, and his staff! Thanks Doc TR
T RYAN – Aug 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Goodman, MD?
Amazing! He's very straight forward and to the point. I wish more Dr's were as honest as he is! Never waited more than 30mins, his office is usually packed. Which I don't mind. It means he knows what he's doing and has a good relationship with his patients.
Jul 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Goodman, MD?
I felt like he really cared about my problem. There was a little wait but he completely made up for it when he had time with you.
Kristin G – May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Goodman, MD?
Been seeing him for almost 20 years. He’s been managing my pain very well and he knows his stuff. Go see him!
Feb 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Goodman, MD?
Waited an HOUR for a 7:30am appt. 3 days prior I was told Dr would not be there, had to see phy. Asst. 4th time this has happened.
Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Goodman, MD?
Ihadbeen under Dr. Goodman 'scarefrom1991 -20 17. Hisknowledge,professionalism,and wellmonitoredtreatment allowedfordecades ofqualitylife ,otherwisenotpossible! Hiswellmonitoredcare( ie.liverenzyme testing) ,afforded confidence/ safetywhileonpainrelievingmedications. Whiletitrationsaidmedsdownward ,hisrecommendations ofneurosurgeons advancedmycaretoa14 level( lumbar/thoracic ) spinal fusion (4/18).Iamnowmed.free,thankstoDr.IraGoodman!!! WJC
W. Chester in RI, IL – Oct 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Goodman, MD?
Dr Goodman does know his stuff and I’ve seen him almost 10 yrs but his office is terrible. 1-2 hr wait times and rude staff. I can’t see him anymore because I have blue cross but that may be a blessing in disguise. The disrespect of people’s time is maddening. Patient care is low priority. But he is a reliable ‘shooter’. I trust him to inject properly. Or I wouldn’t have stayed this long. Fix your office Goodman! It’s doable!
IL – Oct 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Goodman, MD?
I have had dr G for about a decade until stop taking my insurance. Bcbs i guess dropped him so now im using another doc with so far better results. Dr G knows his stuff i will give him that. Yes he's hard at times and tells you what at times u just dont want to hear. He does not force drugs on you. There are steps to take before one can get to another option. Pain management is rough to deal only way anyone gets addicted to meds if patient is abusing dose or not communicating w/dr. Staff worst
IL – Feb 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Goodman, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Goodman for years, and I can't say enough good things about him. He takes his time with you, truly listens to you, thoroughly explains things in terms you can understand, & cares about his patients. I have yet to see another Dr. that I can say the same for. He is very knowledgeable, & i have 100% trust in him. You may wait longer than you'd like, but he's worth the wait! If you are looking for a pain specialist, Dr. Goodman is the guy to see.
Abbie in Burr Ridge – Jan 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Goodman, MD?
Every time I have any appointment with me, I easily wait one to two hours or more.
Linda J in wadsworth, il – Nov 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Goodman, MD?
Been a patient at Dr Goodmans practice 11 years. He has a cold condisending mannerism. I do beleive what other have wrote about his God complex. His staff is very rude, never call you back, they snap at you if you ask too many questions never fill out prior auth from insurance so I go without meds that can heIp me. I stayed because the ARNP I see is so great but after 11 years I'm leaving. They treat patients so poorly like we owe them, as if we have no where else to go. I deserve better.
Fed up patient in Hinsdale, IL – Apr 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Goodman, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Goodman. He explains my questions and/or test results in a manner that I can understand. He is very knowledgable and professional. I feel he shows genuine concern and explains all options to me that will help to reduce pain and discomfort. Definitely one of the finest Doctors, with a sincere regard to helping people feel better. Thank you.
Marianne N in Shorewood, IL – Jan 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Goodman, MD?
He is extremely rude and doesn't care what you think at all. He doesn't want to hear anything you have to say. He is just awful and dismissive. The first time he sees you he says he's going to give you a spinal block without even knowing anything about you or your condition. I wish I knew how he manages to still be a practicing physician.
St Charles, IL – Aug 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Goodman, MD?
Dr. Goodman performed a scheduled cervical steroid injection on me and punctured my Spinal Cord causing a Hematoma. I had to have emergency surgery and to this day, I am permanently paralyzed on one side of my body. I suffer in pain every day and cannot work and have no income. It takes 2 years applying for disability and who knows if I'll be approved. Dr. Goodman used to be a great doctor, but now he has ruined my life forever.
Arlington Heights – Feb 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Goodman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Goodman?

• Anesthesiology