Dr. Ira Bergman, MD

Dr. Bergman
Telehealth services available

Ira M Bergman MD

1160 Park Ave # 1-E New York, NY 10128

Dr. Ira Bergman, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in New York, NY and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Bergman has more experience with General Mental Health than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Hahnemann University medical school in 1985. He is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital. He is not accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bergman to book an appointment.

Dr. Bergman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bergman

4.0

Dr. Bergman?
What People Say About Dr. Ira Bergman, MD
Dr. Bergman has been my doctor for at least a decade now and has helped me through constant bouts of depression and anxiety, especially during trying times like the 2008 financial crisis and the current pandemic. He always listens to my needs and is available whenever I reach out. I don't know what I'd do without him.
Anton T. – Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Bergman, MD?
My experience with Dr. Bergman, was also great, he helped me go through the hardest time in my life, without his acceptance, and acknowledgement I would not be where I am today. His office is run smooth, they either answer or really get back to you w/in the same day if you call in the morning, and the environment in the waiting room is calm with an unspoken acknowledgement that everyone in the room is receiving good, honest care, plus, no waiting! I had an insurance issue where I was being overcharged, and spent many hours for weeks on hold and being told misleading things, and they not only were able to help me, but put in those hours themselves and fixed the issue
Jim Morrison – Feb 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Bergman, MD?
Sent a bill I did not even know I had to the wrong address and when I did not pay due to not receiving the bill, they sent to a debt collector. Never called or emailed me to check in. I have always paid in full for every appointment for last 5 years. Lacks emotion. Appointments were 5 min or less since he never uttered a word.
CarlNYC – Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Bergman, MD?
Dr Bergman may have saved my life. I came to him in the Spring of 2018, and he indicated that one of my medications (Zyprexa) was very heavy and he’d like to titrate me off of it eventually. I was on it for 10 years and it had caused me to eat in the middle of the night, usually junk food. Over the years, I gained about 30 extra pounds. I was afraid of going off Zyprexa, since it maintained my mood well. He then ordered blood work, and my triglycerides were 600% higher than normal! This could have led to a heart attack before age 40. He weaned me off Zyprexa slowly, and switched me to Geodon. Within a week, I stopped night-eating. I soon dropped that 30 pounds. My energy is higher than ever. I’m less tired in the morning. My body feels lighter. My mood remains stable. I am renewed. I am grateful for Dr Bergman! He is a brilliant psychiatrist with a prudent approach. His staff is lovely too. My life is better than it has ever been, and working with Dr Bergman has a lot to do with it.
Ryan B. – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Bergman, MD?
Very knowledgeable and caring, good listener, and extremely accessible. Having been to many so-so psychiatrists I recommend him without reservation.
New York, NY – Sep 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Bergman, MD?
I suffer from severe anxiety and PTSD. I've been going to Dr. B for 5 years. He is not a cuddly teddy bear. But frankly I'd rather work with someone whose focus is to get the job done efficiently, professionally and responsibly. I have addiction in my past (sober now) and Dr. Bergman is extremely involved in tracking my progress. He does not continuously "dole out" prescriptions and is very judicious about. If I want to spend an hour pouring my heart out to someone I go to a psychotherapist.
NYC, NY – Sep 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Bergman, MD?
Relaxing and caring atmosphere Patient and great doctor Has really helped my coping mechanism In regards to life situations!
Aretha Means in New york, NY – Aug 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Bergman, MD?
He is too robotic. There is no give and take. Very little affect. He accepts insurance but his practice is run like a milll. I don’t recommend him at all.
Jun 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Bergman, MD?
Dr. Bergman is a wonderful doctor and has helped me tremendously. His bedside manner is very gentile and he is a thoughtful person and made me feel comfortable as soon as I met him. He helped me find the right medications and worked with me to find what worked and didn't and made sure I got my medication when I ran out at times. He is genuine and truly listens when you have concerns. He tries to accommodate last minute appointments even though he is a very busy man.
Amy in New York, NY – May 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Bergman, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Bergman for many years. He is approachable, accessible, compassionate, and collaborates closely with the patient. His office practices are top notch as well. Timely prompt care but never rushed. A top notch medical professional with an expertise with mental health diagnoses. Highly recommend.
Susan L. in Rochester, NY – Jan 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Bergman, MD?
Very pleasant, easy to make appointments, handled my medicine management professionally and competently.
Peter in New York, NY – Nov 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Bergman, MD?
Dr Bergman is an excellent choice for ongoing medication management. He moves you in and out pretty quickly and runs an efficient practise.
Taylor in New York, NY – Nov 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Bergman, MD?
I began seeing Dr. Bergman in 2015 because I had been having severe sleep problems for years, which was adversely affecting my overall functioning in every area of my life. What I was taking for sleep was not working. We tried several different medications, and he was responsive to my comments about side effects. After going through 3-4 medications that didn't work, we finally found a good fit and I have been able to sleep well for the first time in years. He is a professional all the way.
Lia Brigante in New York, NY – Jun 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ira Bergman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bergman?

I have over 20 years of experience diagnosing and treating a wide spectrum of mental health conditions. I understand and appreciate the power of medications and prescribe them in a thoughtful and controlled manner. Because I believe in a collaborati...

1990