Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 42

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Plano, TX and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Avramis has extensive experience in Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures. He graduated from UC Davis Med Sch in 2006. He is affiliated with Baylor University Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD

Southwest Scoliosis Institute

1600 Coit Rd Ste 104 Plano, TX 75075
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Avramis with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Medical City Plano.

These providers are on the medical staff of Medical City Plano.

Dr. Avramis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Avramis

4.3

Hate the way they treat patients
My most recent visit: 1)they asked me to fill out e forms which I did 2) they asked me to arrive 30 minutes early, which I did 3) they had me fill out paper forms (???) Maybe figure out ONE way? 4) They had me wait 90 minutes to see a PA. 5) put me in a room and we waited another 15 minutes 6) finally told them how frustrated I was 7) practice manager comes in, displays no customer service skill, savvy or empathy, Basically a bunch of excuses. 8) just a tiny detail, but it's an example of attention to detail..... magazines in the lobby are dated 2018 9) bottom line.... choose a different DR. It will be better for your mental health.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
SARA AHR – Oct 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
I would with one exception
I believe this doctor did a correct surgery on me. Post op I had extreme pain because of a member of his team. Get a pain doctor prior to surgery would be my advice. The only complication is a surgical diastasis recti to left abdomen (surgical hernia) and that was performed by assisting doctor and not this doctor. All in all, I would recommend him, but make sure you will have pain coverage after surgery.
Sep 01, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
I had severe back pain from an autoimmune disease, Ankylosing Spondylitis. I hurt for 20 yrs. I tried narcotics, steroid injections, even the spinal cord stimulator implant. I was desperate for relief. Dr Avramis gave me relief! I’m 3 1/2 yrs post surgery. I continue to be pain free. He gave me my life back!
Denise B – Mar 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
Dr. Avramis is my miracle worker! One year ago today, at age 77, he corrected my scoliosis in both thoracic and lumbar regions with total fusion. I now have few limitations in an active lifestyle. I walked seven miles along the beach one morning last week. He is amazing. Thank you Dr. Avramis and your outstanding staff and Baylor.
Jerry Davis – Jan 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
You moved before I could schedule a follow up appointment,,,do you still want to see me,,,I’m still pain free
Richard.behning@att.net – Feb 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
After more than a decade of chronic back pain, opioid use, and steroid injections, I am now completely pain free! The surgery Dr. Avramis did to fuse my spine five months ago has given me more relief than I ever thought possible! I was almost to the point of getting a wheelchair because of how much pain I was experiencing, but now I can do anything I want to do (including taking my young granddaughters to the mall)! God has truly gifted Dr. Avramis with skilled hands, wisdom, and knowledge, and I praise God daily for the “miraculous healing” that He has done through him (Dr. Avramis).
  • Long wait times
Donna Williams – Oct 10, 2019
Donna, Thank you for taking the time to share...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
Dr. Avramis is professional and patient. Took the time to listen and gave an honest approach to figuring out what might be causing lower back pain and laid out a reasonable and practical step by step plan for a correct diagnosis and eventual resolution. Staff members were helpful and cheerful. No waiting. Xray in office. Efficient with Medicare supplement insurance coverage. And no surprises. Highly recommended.
Aug 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Avramis. I was barely able to walk because of sciatic nerve pain in my right leg due to a massive herniated disc in my lower lumbar. Dr. Avramis explained my options and he was confident surgery would relieve the pain and he was absolutely right! When I woke up from surgery I felt no pain in my right leg. I’m recovering just fine! Dr.Avramis listens and doesn’t make you feel like he’s in a hurry. His staff is excellent. I’ve called with numerous questions and his staff calls back the same day with answers.
Becca in Dallas, TX – Jun 14, 2019
Thank you for your review of Dr. Avramis and his...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
Dr. Avramis performed what they refer to is a 360 Scoliosis Spine surgery On July 28, 2017. My recovery was GREAT and I have not had any additional. I would recommend Dr. Avramis to anyone. Also, I would have the procedure again because of the pain free life he has provided me. God Bless YOU DR. AVRAMIS!
Donald Hudson in McKinney, TX – May 31, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
Went months with undiagnosed MS, because he thought it was maybe fibromyalgia. Otherwise healthy woman in my 30s, with nerve pain and numbness, and he never ordered any other tests to see if this was a neurological issue. I could have started treatment sooner if he had bothered to get out of his own ego and do a more thorough workup. Office staff was barely cordial.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
FLOWER MOUND, TX – Aug 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
Dr. Avramis did a revision surgery on my lower spine, to fix what another surgeon messed up. He did a wonderful job. He takes time to explain what he wants to do and how it will affect the patient. His office staff is wonderful also.
tony in grand prairie, tx. – Feb 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
I definitely recommend Dr. Avramis for spinal surgery. Being a Registered Nurse with 30+ years experience and 58 years old with scoliosis , I had very high expectations. I traveled from Georgia to Texas and was treated above and beyond expectation at the office and rehab. My physicians in Rural Georgia had no problems in contacting Dr.Avramis with post-op questions and I have had no problems with follow-up visits. Six months out and I would do it all over again. Judy
Judy Knight in Soperton, GA – Aug 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
I saw Dr. Avramis for the first time today. I was very impressed with his manner and willingness to actually listen to me and not just tell me what we were going to do. He was extremely patient with me and answered all of my question to the best of his ability. His PA was excellent and spent quite a bit of time with me going over everything I would need to have done. My overall experience with his office was just great. I am so thankful I finally found a physician here in McKinney.
Jacquelin Jones in Allen, TX – Jun 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
I believe Dr. Avramis to be a good man, however, I would get a second opinion if facing spine surgery by this Doctor. My Brother-in-Law had surgery on his spine in the neck area on March 8, 2017. The first surgery was from the frontal side of neck and a second surgery 5 days later on the posterior. As a result of this surgery my Brother-in-Law now has to be fed through a feeding tube, because he can no longer swallow or speak due to nerve damage during surgery. He's cannot lift his left arm.
  • Appointment was rushed
Billy Hightower in Farmersville, TX – May 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
Dr. Avramis is an excellent physician and has a wonderful bedside manner. He really took the time to explain my condition and answer all of my questions. When the day of my surgery arrived I felt confident and informed as I headed into the operating room for my spinal fusion surgery. Best of all, post surgery I am finally free of the nerve pain that had taken over my life!
Joyce in Mckinney, TX – May 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
I had permanent sciatica in my left leg. I went to a lecture Dr. Avramis gave about back pain. It convinced me that I needed surgery. Dr. Avramis was very patient with me and answered all of my questions. I had the surgery and two weeks later I felt great. No more leg pain! I recovered from the surgery quickly. I cannot thank Dr. Avramis enough.
mckinney, tx – Jul 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
He is a very conservative surgeon and very awesome! He has a to the point attitude so I can see how some people can see that come off as strong. He really listened to all my concerns and cared for me every step of the way. He really knows what he is doing and I would recommend him to everyone.
Tijana N in Rockwall, TX – Jun 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?
Had complicated back surgery with Dr Avramis. Top / best orthopedic back surgeon. Incredibly efficient, excellent office, great bedside manner, super talented. Listens to patient and carefully reviews exam results. I highly recommend. L
Matty in Irving, TX – Jun 06, 2016
In one word, arrogant.
Marc Poe in Prosper, TX – Feb 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ioannis Avramis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Avramis?