Dr. Ingrid Schmidt, MD

8 Reviews
Dr. Schmidt

Ingrid E Schmidt, M.d.

5750 Balcones Dr Ste 109 Austin, TX 78731

Dr. Ingrid Schmidt, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Austin, TX. She graduated from Johawn Wolfgang Von Goethe University and specializes in psychiatry.

At a glance

• Low wait times Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Friendly staff Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

Dr. Schmidt accepts

Dr. Schmidt accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Schmidt's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Schmidt's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
  • Ego-State Therapy
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Schmidt's Reviews

Did you have an appointment with Dr. Schmidt?

Enter the Bills 4 Bills sweepstakes by leaving a review today

Terms and conditions

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schmidt

4.0

Dr. Schmidt?
Dr. Schmidt's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ingrid Schmidt, MD
I highly recommend Dr. Ingrid Schmidt to any individual looking for an experienced, well-rounded psychiatrist who goes far beyond just medication management. I have been under her care for over a year now. I have so much trust in her that I would confidently refer her to any of my friends. Dr. Schmidt has a gentle, clear way of communicating. She exercises a wide range of treatment methods. Dr. Schmidt provides you choices of treatment and respects your opinions, feelings, concerns, and decisions. She is always open to any questions you may have. Deciding on a treatment plan feels more like a mutual agreement and understanding. You do not have to worry about her only pushing for medications like some other psychiatrists. Medications are a treatment option that she gives you only if that is in your best interest, and if you’re comfortable and okay with it. Other treatment methods she offers are psychotherapy, supplements, food and wellness, energy exercises, hypnosis, and more.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ingrid Schmidt, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Schmidt for around 10 years, and I can't recommend her strongly enough. I think what's important to me in a doctor is that they respect my time, view me as a person (as opposed to a dollar sign, or a puzzle to be solved), are current insofar as medical research is concerned, and they're willing to listen to and answer/calm any questions or concerns I have. On these points I believe Dr. Schmidt has been perfect. I have no doubt at all that she wants what's best for her patients. I imagine she spends a lot of time outside of the office researching and thinking about individual patients and what she can do to help them. I have definitely had other doctors that I've thought have done a great job, but in my opinion she's been far better than any of them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ingrid Schmidt, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schmidt?

• Psychiatry