Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Inder Singal, MD
Dr. Inder Singal, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Louisville, KY. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Singal is affiliated with Jewish Hospital, Sts Mary and Elizabeth Hospital, Clark Memorial Hospital and Norton Hospital.

1935 Bluegrass Ave Ste 200

• HealthLink
  • Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Singal

Dr. Singal's Experience

Dr. Singal's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Severe Myopia
  • Uveitis
  • Vitreoretinal Degeneration
  • Vitreous Detachment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• University Of California, Davis
  • New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • University Of Toronto
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Singal has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Punjabi

Dr. Singal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Singal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Singal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Singal to family and friends
Dr. Singal Says:

Thank you for completing the survey!  We value your opinion and consider your feedback seriously. Please feel free to call us with questions or concerns at 502-895-0040.

Dr. Singal's Performance
in Louisville, KY |
Dr signal makes me feel like a real person instead of just a patient. His staff is warm and inviting and it makes check ups all the more easy. Love love love his expertise and his patient care.
Louisville, KY |
I have seen Dr. Singal twice after two episodes of virtuous detachment, I have no issue with his knowledge or advice but a couple of things upset me, one is the wait time, I was there from 9:45 to 11:30 with total time seen by staff of less than 5 min. The other issue I had was Dr Singal and the assistant in the room were having a discussion of a personal nature the whole time I was being seen. This happened both times I was seen by him. I felt like I wasn't in the room.
in Louisville Ky |
Dr Singal is a very knowledgable and professional Ophthalmologist. He is thorough in examination and explanation of conditions. I recommend him highly and without reservations. His assistant Christine is friendly, welcoming, and efficient creating a pleasant environment.
in Louisville, ky |
Dr singal is incredible and only eye md I want to me. He is so caring and thorough. Anyone that has a wonderful staff like he has shows he cares about his patients well fair. Out of 1-10 scale he and his staff are a 15
in Elizabethtown, KY |
He was forward and straight to the point and very detailed. I had to have surgery for a retinal detachment he was very attentive and involved with my recovery.
in Edmonton, , KY |
Dr Singal, Did a wonderful job repairing my husbands detached retina. We called the after hours number, the on call dr made an appt for us the next day in Elizabethtown ,Ky. My husband saw Dr Singal, he made arrangements for surgery the next day in Louisville at Norton Hospital. Dr Singal was professional, explained everything about procedure, and the post Op procedure. Called to check on my husband after surgery. Dr Bloom, saw my husband for his follow up exams, excellent Dr. 5 star rating!
I've seen him for 5 yrs. He is very intelligent and kind.
Louisville, KY |
Dr. Singal has been treating me for 10 years, and I would use no other doctor for my eye care needs. He is a very caring and intelligent doctor. I have recommended him to several people who have used him and feel the same way. You can't go wrong with him, in my opinion!
Louisville, Ky |
Was in need of an emergent appointment.....visit was scheduled that day.....I was very grateful...
Dr. Singal has made my 81 year old mother feel very comfortable and at ease about her appointments. Her trust in Dr. Singal has made all the difference in my mother's exams and her confidence in him for her eye doctor appointments. He is the best and the staff is absolutely fantastic.
in Bardstown, KY |
Dr. Singal saved me from going completely blind in my left eye which was becoming a detached retina; with laser surgery the retina was sealed. That was about 7 years ago. I do 6 mos. follow ups ever since to keep close check on both eyes and all has been good. Dr. Singal is a very caring, highly intelligent, and observant Doctor. He cares for his patients and their well being above and beyond most doctors. I am very grateful for him and his staff. I highly reccommend him to anyone.
Louisville, KY |
I have been seeing Dr. Singal for two years. He has done wonders to save my vision. I appreciate him and his staff so much! They are So kind and considerate. I would recommend Dr Singal to anyone for vision care.
Louisville, KY |
He did an amazing job! My retina had detached and I had waited to see an eye doctor so my vision was likely impaired. I went in seeing 20/100 now I can see 20/25 thanks Dr.Singal!!
Louisville, KY |
This man left me near blind in one eye. After this I was told by his office (not by him personally) that they could do nothing further for me. The healing process from the apparently unnecessary surgeries by Dr. Singal has been several years now. I had to travel to another state to see a competent eye surgeon where I regained my sight.
Sir, I am truly sorry that you suffered both mentally and physically and understand your frustration and anger. Initial success repairing detachments is about 80-90 percent. My surgical results are as good or better than any of my colleagues nationally. I have literally thousands of patients that I've cured, along with some who still lose vision despite my best efforts. Unfortunately, due to HIPPA concerns, I am not allowed to respond to patient details publically over the internet.
Dr. Singal is very professional and quite knowledgeable. He is listens well and is good at explaining what is happening.
Louisville, KY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Singal. He was reassuring and you could tell he really care thru the entire process of my surgery!!
Dr. Singal is fantastic! Kind but so smart! Explains things thoroughly & in language you can understand. He and his staff are fast and efficient. (Not so much the Bennett and Bloom staff...) Still, he doesn't make you feel like he's rushing your care or exam at all. He is a completely delightful person and a great doctor! I would recommend him to anyone in need of a retinal specialist. *Low ratings I gave are due to Bennett & Bloom administrative staff/office @ Dupont Circle in Louisville.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Signal is a blessing. He was so wonderful while calming my mother's fears about her progressing macular degeneration. He followed up with her on Saturday to make sure she didn't have any further questions. I really like this office and team because they speak to my mother. Unfortunately other medical professionals tend to speak to me assuming that 70 means no longer cognitive. None of Dr. Signals team treated her this way. I am so happy we found this office!
in New salisbury |
This is the best doctor I have ever been seen by. Excellent bedside Manor and very intelligent and I felt like I had the utmost confidence in his analysis of my condition. He actually called me personally the day after my visit and asked if I was OK and if had any questions. This man is what a doctor should be. Would recommend him to anyone in my family and want him for all of my eye needs!
in Louisville, KY |
I have been a patient for several years and have always found Dr. Singal to be professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and friendly.
in Louisville, KY |
My mom is up in age, and really does not like doctors of any kind. Dr. Singal is very patient, caring and understand. He has an awesome bedside manner, always in a good mood and totally focused on the patient at hand. If I ever have to see an Ophthalmology, Dr. Singal would be my choice.
in Sellersburg, IN |
Excellent care and results
in Prospect, KY |
As a practicing physician, I'm accustomed to vetting other physicians and, although I had not met Dr. Singal prior to my first appointment with him, his skills and demeanor, as well as the outcome of my surgeries, could not have been better. Hats off to you Dr. Singal!
in Brandenburg, KY |
Dr. Singal, Dr. Bloom, and Dr. Tenkman, conducted four surgeries on my right eye within a 2 week period. I had a complete detached retina with little hope of recovering my vision. They were able to correct my vision to almost as good as it was originally before the detachment. I see this as a small miracle. During my last checkup, Dr. Singal told me "You are doing wonderful based on what you have gone through." Dr. Singal seemed to enjoy telling me this as much as I enjoyed hearing it!
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Singal is a wonderful physician in whom I have complete trust for all my vision care needs.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Singal is a very good surgeron I have had eye surgery on both of my eyes. he is very kind and takes good care of his patients. you can trust him with your eyes. I highly recommend him to any one with eye problems. diabetics also because I am diabetic and he takes good care of my eyes.
Leitchfield, KY |
An expert on eyes and great personality-efficient!
in Louisville, KY |
Throughout the process of diagnosis, surgery, and recovery, Dr. Singal has been wonderful. The results have been great and he was very reassuring. I believe I was in great hands and that he also loves his work.
in Elizabethtown, KY |
Dr. Inder P. Singal is knowledgeable, professional and caring. The evening of my eye surgery, he called my home to check on my comfort and recovery. That meant a lot to me personally. He and his staff have done incredible follow-up to secure that I have healthy eyes. I heartily recommend Bennett & Bloom Eye Center to anyone looking for excellent eye care.
in Louisville, KY |
Very caring and excellent Doctor.
in Bradfordsville, KY |
I lost my eyesight in November of 2014. I was referred to Dr. Singal by my family eye doctor. It's been a long two years that included one surgery and an eye injection. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor and staff. I saw them every week for months and they became part of my family. Dr. Singal has personally contacted me on New Years Eve to tell me the results of some lab work that we had been waiting on. I'm able to see now, thanks to Dr. Singal's care. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
in Louisville, KY |
He has an Excellent Wingman (Woman in his case)!! They make an Eye Appointment a pleasurable experience... They make Eye Surgery follow ups worthwhile... They make a Great Team!! Would recommend to anyone needing eye surgery Chris Carter
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Singal provided a clear description of what had occurred with my eye and explained in great detail the options for treatment. His recommendation for surgery proved to be the correct way to proceed. The recovery process and the rather quick return to my normal vision confirmed that we had taken the best option for treatment. Dr. Singal's surgical skills, professionalism and courtesy were greatly appreciated! I highly recommend him for eye care!
Georgetown, IN |
Dr Singal has treated my husbands eyes for about 10 years. He is a wonderful friendly caring Dr. I would highly recommend him to anyone for their eye care.
Louisville, KY |
Dr. Singal is very orgainzed and efficient. He is direct but caring. He knows his speciality and will take very good care of you as his patient.
in Louisville, KY |
I have been seeing Dr. Singal for over 4 years for an eye issue and I have received the best care available. I never hesitate is recommending him.
in Elizabethtown, KY |
I have had retina issues for a few years and Dr Singal took great care and kept a close watch over me. He is truly dedicated to his work.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr Singal is a compassionate and thorough physician who came highly recommended to me by a friend who is also a Physician. His staff is well trained and excellent the care they provide and service is always on time and efficient in the use of your time. I have seen Dr Singl every six months for four years now and cannot imagine seeing anyone else
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Singal treated a tear in my right retina with laser surgery this summer. I'm very happy to report that the surgery was very successful, and I couldn't be more pleased. Thanks, Doc!
in Louisville, KY |
Very considerate, and concerned about how you feel...takes time to answer questions....
in Elizabethtown, KY |
Dr. Signal is AWESOME. My daughter and I both see him. She has psuedtumor and mine is cataracts and diabetic retinopathy. Dr. Signal is thoughtful, caring and always willing to explain everything. His office staff is great.
in Radcliff, KY |
Following cataract surgery, I had trouble with my vision seemingly being pulled to one side. I spend 9 years with another doctor doing nothing to remedy the trouble. After one visit to Dr. Singal, he knew exactly what the problem was, and more importantly how to fix it. My surgery was successful, and I'm seeing much better now. Always a very friendly, cheerful, and very interested in making his patients feel at ease.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Singal is a wonderful doctor. My father had a detached retina which Dr. Sigal repaired, but during his recovery my father fell and the eye detached again. Dr. Sigal repaired it again and now he has the gift of eye site. This also happened a couple of years later on the other eye which Dr. Singal repaired too. We will never be able to thank him for everything he has done to restore my fathers eye site. We would highly recommend him. He has a wonderful staff .
in Louisville, KY |
I have had several visits with Dr Singal to follow up on my retina surgery. Dr Singal is always very thorough and willing to answer any of my questions. He explains his observations is terms that a non-medical person can easily understand.
in Bardstown, KY |
Dr. Singal is an excellent Doctor. I had a previous detachment in my left eye which was operated on by another ophthalmologist and I was left with poor vision in that eye. When my right eye became detached and I went to Dr. Singal, he restored it as if it never happened. I credit him for saving my only good eye.
in Louisville, Kentucky |
Dr Singal came highly recommended and I too have found him to be an exceptional Opthomalogist; his obvious expertise in his field is only prefaced by his true warmth and compassion for his patients! I had no qualms in trusting him to surgically correct the retinal hemmoraging problem I recently experienced. He explained all aspects of the surgery as well as any potential side effects, including infection, and in unfortunate extreme instances, blindness. He's a kind and incredible specialist!
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Singal has a warm, caring and professional demeanor that immediately gave me confidence in the treatment of my retinopathy. The office has quite modern diagnostic equipment which makes the experience quick and easy. I can't thank Dr. Singal and the staff at Bennett & Bloom Eye Centers enough for saving my eyesight.
in Lanesville, IN |
Dr. Singal is wonderful! He always makes me feel very much at ease.
Have you seen Dr. Inder Singal, MD?

Visit Dr. Singal