Dr. In Shin, MD

Dr. In Shin, MD

Anterior Segment Ophthalmology  |
Dr. In Shin, MD is an anterior segment ophthalmology doctor who practices in Montgomery, AL. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Read his story

2752 Zelda Rd

Montgomery, AL 36106

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • CHAMPVA
  • EyeMed Vision Care

Learn about Dr. Shin

See how frequently Dr. Shin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Corneal Diseases
Presbyopia
Corneal Ulcer
high

Dr. Shin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Shin's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Shin "In C. Shin, MD graduated magna cum laude in mechanical engineering from the University of Alabama – Huntsville and received his medical degree from the University of Alabama School of Medicine in 1999. He completed his internship at Baptist Medical Center in Birmingham and his residency in ophthalmology at Tulane University in New Orleans. In addition, he completed a Cornea fellowship at the Dean A. McGee Eye Institute at the Oklahoma University Health Science Center in Oklahoma City. Board-certified in ophthalmology, Dr. Shin's focus includes DSAEK, corneal transplantation, no-stitch cataract surgery, ASA, refractive lensectomy, iLASIK using Advanced CustomVue technology, and glaucoma surgery. As an adjunct to his clinical practice, Dr. Shin also performs therapeutic and cosmetic blepharoplasty as well as BOTOX®. Originally from Korea, Dr. Shin is a naturalized citizen. He and his wife Lee are the busy parents of triplets."

This content was provided by Dr. Shin "At Montgomery Eye Physicians, our mission is to serve our patients, employees and referring providers with a total commitment to quality, courtesy and professionalism."

• Anterior Segment Ophthalmology

• Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitreous Hemorrhage
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty (ALK)
  • Anterior Vitrectomy
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Eye Laceration

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University Of Alabama Huntsville
  • Tulane Univ Sch Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Dean a McGee Eye Inst
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Shin has no media or publications listed.

• Korean

Dr. Shin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shin to family and friends
Dr. Shin's Performance
in Millbrook, AL |
The staff was very professional and did an excellent job at making me feel comfortable before, during, and after the operation. I had my free consultation in less than a week, and the operation was the week after. Dr.Shin was very friendly and made the experience very easy. Would highly recommend Montgomery Eye to anyone with vision needs.
in Montgomery, AL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Shin for several years. I always find him to be thorough, competent, concerned, and friendly. He provides the quality of eye care that I need and expect.
in Montgomery, AL |
Everything went great. Appointment was scheduled for Friday morning, but there was an administrative problem with the LASIK machine. A timely reschedule was critical as I was out of town the next three weeks. Staff took time out of their weekend away from their families to get the surgery completed on Sunday afternoon (Fathers day to boot). Would definitely recommend to anyone contemplating LASIK!
Prattville, AL |
The best doctor you will ever meet. He has a heart of gold and will do anything for his patients. Dr. Shin was recommended to me by an employee of his and he certainly lived up to the recommendation. His nurse (Tiffany) is highly competent, professional, and compassionate. Other than the wait time, my appointment was great! He is well worth the wait!! Go Dr. Shin and Tiffany!!
in Montgomery, AL |
I loved every moment of my LASIK process. Before and after the team has been awesome
in Pike Road, AL |
My son had Lasix surgery with Dr.Shin and he was awesome!! He was very thorough in explaining everything he was going to do and very encouraging during the procedure.
in Wetumpka, AL |
Dr. shin and his amazing staff did my LASIK this past Friday. I was so nervous I was not sure if I could do it. Dr. Shin and his staff comforted me and made me feel safe, relaxed and in the BEST hands. I can't say enough great things of all of them. Dr. Shin was amazing. His staff was amazing!!!! If you want the best care, these guys are the ones!!!!
Eclectic, AL |
Dr. Shin and the entire team were outstanding. They educated me before my Lasix procedure and talked me through each step while the procedure was happening. They made me feel like part of the family and I could "feel" that they wanted nothing but the best for me. I would highly recommend Dr. Shin.
in South Bend, IN |
Dr. Shin and his staff are highly recommended. They were extremely professional and personable while guiding me through the process of having PRK surgery. They are to be commended for educating me thoroughly during each step of the procedure and counseling me afterwards regarding any concerns or challenges I may have had. Kelsey Howe deserves special mention for her intelligence patience and compassion while guiding teaching & assisting during this delicate operation. I am grateful and thankful.
in Montgomery, AL |
I suffered a retinal occlusion, and currently being treated by Dr. Chin, and the staff at Montgomery Eye Physicians. In combination with Dr, Cook , at the Jackson Hospital Wound center , my sight has been partially saved. Excellent help and follow up.
in Montgomery, AL |
He is an excellent dr and the best at what he does. I just wish he would slow down a little and take more time with us patients. He always seems to be in such a hurry.
in Montgomery, AL |
Dr. Shin is very friendly, professional, and explains his procedures so that the patient can understand what is going on. His staff is also very efficient.
in Montgomery, AL |
He is very kind and gentle. I glad to see Dr Shin again.
in Montgomery, AL |
I found Dr. Shin to be very knowledgeable. He discovered I had a severe eye infection from an eye plug that malfunctioned over 5 years ago.He listened to me describe how my eye felt when I couldn't figure out how to describe it well myself. He did not stop working on my eye until he found the issue. I had to have a surgical procedure(which was no fun but not his fault - it would have been no fun whomever did the procedure) He has made sure I have plenty of antibiotics & he cultured the bacteria
Have you seen Dr. In Shin, MD?
Are you Dr. Shin?

Visit Dr. Shin

Dr. Shin accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
    Dental Blue 100/200/300
  • CHAMPVA
  • EyeMed Vision Care
    Vision Care Plan (VCP)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medicare
  • POMCO Group
  • Superior Vision
    Prime
    Standard
    TriCare for Life
  • Veteran Administration Plan
  • Vision Service Plan (VSP)
  • VIVA Health