Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Imran Syed, MD
Dr. Imran Syed, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Alpharetta, GA. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Syed is affiliated with WellStar North Fulton Hospital.

11820 Northfall Ln Ste 1101

Alpharetta, GA 30009

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Syed

BMR Metabolism Test

Dr. Syed's Experience

Dr. Syed's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant

• Ultrasound, Cardiac
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Weight Loss Management
  • Weight Maintenance

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Dow Medical College, Dow University Of Health Sciences
  • Loyola University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University Of Illinois Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Syed has no media or publications listed.

• Urdu

Dr. Syed does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Syed and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Syed's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Syed to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Syed's Performance
Buford, GA |
Left hand never knows what the right is doing. Wait time is always horrible. Everyone in office seems to have one speed and that is SLOW. Repeated calls with results I've already been given. Calls to schedule a surgery that already happend. Waiting on a call in for prescription for over 3 weeks. Ridiculous.
Hampton, GA |
I have been seeing Dr Syed for a number of years. I highly recommend him. He is the Dr that was able to get me out of bed and address my issue so that I could function. He listened and understood how to address my issue and his nurse practitioner is very good. If you have an endocrine issue, definitely see this doctor
in Dawsonville, GA |
Doctor Syed is a very caring doctor. He is soft spoken and a great listener. He never makes me feel rushed at my visit. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I have never had to wait long to be seen at my appointments in the Cumming Ga. office. They always calls me with my lab results within a few days of my blood work. I would refer Dr. Syed to my family and friends.
in Alpharetta, GA |
The doctor is very good but its staff is not. They should be more friendly to patient and reduce the wait time from more than 1 hour to 30 minutes or less.
This office is not run well by Robin. Everytime I come in, there is always new staff at the front desk, check out, and medical assistants. They make up excuses when we ask why so many staff changes. They say, we have staff changes because some of our staff goes back to school etc.....LIES... Front desk girl is extremely rude and the medical assistant Thunuja, can't understand what she says. This practice always wants your money upfront and the service is horrible. Don't go to this practice.
Alpharetta, GA |
The office is not well run at all. Very unorganized. I've waited over an hour to be seen sometimes, which results in me just leaving and rescheduling my appointment. I'm not sure if they over-book patients or are under staffed, either way, I'm finding a new doctor.
Gainesville |
Dr Syed is very professional and takes he time to listen and explain. He has helped me 1st control of my diabetes.
alpharetta, ga |
Excellent doctor , accurate diagnosis, always takes time to answer all questions
in Alpharetta |
Although I like Dr. Syed very much, his staff is driving me away. For some reason only one person on his staff is authorized to tell the patient their lab results. She is always "busy with patients" and does not return phone calls. Well, news flash - I'm a patient, too. Maybe my new doctor can get my test results!
Alpharetta, GA |
I like Dr. Syed very much, but have to agree with the reviews I read that his staff needs A LOT of improvement. My last visit was actually very good. No wait time and I found the staff helpful. But prior to my last visit, I have to agree it was a very long wait and the office was a mess.
in lawrenceville, GA |
i've been a patient for a good time now but it is getting worse and worse. The staff is the extremely bad. They do not only don't know what they do but they send prescriptions to anybody without previous consultation. Last episode was a couple days ago when my pharmacy called to get a refill prescription and instead of sending it to the pharmacy that was requesting it, they sent it to a totally different pharmacy, generating an expense for me. I am not going back to this office.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
This has been the worst doctors experience ever. It's mostly due to the staff. They will not provide you with necessary paperwork, answer the phones. It's just a mess. When we tried to switch to another endocrinology office- they simply would not send over the clinical labs and records, when the other doctor's office sent over a records release form! Do not go to this clinic.
in Alpharetta, GA |
I have been his patient for last few years. He found problems that other doctors couldn't find for many years. Wait time is little more, but it is because he spent time with patients and listen to them and help them as much as he can, rather than in and out like other doctors.
in Alpharetta, GA |
Waiting time is bad Staff is not professional Staff keeps changing which is a sign of bad management Poorly runned office Doctor not involved with patients
in Roswell, GA |
The wait time at this office is absolutely ridiculous. The 3 times I have been there, I'm there for at LEAST 2 hours. The last time I was there ( 2 weeks ago), I had to wait 90 min past my appointment time. If you need a prescription refill, make sure you ask for it in advance. It has been two weeks and they still haven't approved my mail-order prescription. The Dr. acts like he could care less, it seems more about how much he can charge your insurance company.
Atlanta, GA |
if there is a 0 I would give this office , front staff horrible horrible , no communication skills at all, unresponsive and rude. Dr, not too involved and caring
in Alpharetta, GA |
I made this appointment to visit Dr. Imran A. Syed at Cumming and no one else by telephone a couple days in advance. On the day of appointment, another person visited my wife without inform us about the situation. The person who is in charge of appointment should inform us in advance or at least when we were at the office. So we could decide to go on or cancel it. I called them and asked about the But manager was very rude and simply said it's normal to change the doctor. I want my money back!
in Alpharetta, GA |
HORRIBLE!!!!!!! When you need a prescription refill, call at least a month ahead of time. Appointments are always late as it is always explained that he Doctors are behind. Nurse station not clean at all. I once saw the previous person's blood still present on Glucose reader. I would suggest going else where for you Diabetic needs.
in Atlanta, GA |
Wait time is ridiculous ... I feel he doesn't follow thru himself with blood work . Has his staff call you. Had an appt with him I thought today they have me in holding room I ask the assistant who I would be seeing and they said the other Dr. I have never seen the other Dr.. And nor do I wish of telling this other person ..
Lawrenceville, GA |
Retroactive discussions on lab results 3 mths old. Office staff calls with results but can't answer questions about conflicting directions from Dr. Syed. Patient not informed why certain actions are taking place. Incomplete chart, e.g. omitted anaphylaxis. Questionable follow-through. Keep the patient barefoot and pregnant mentality. Practice not good for my health so must find alternative.
in Young Harris, GA |
Today was first appt with Dr. Syed, I was very pleased with Dr. Syed and his staff. Dr. Syed was easy to talk to and explained questions in laymen terms I could understand. Staff pleasant and helpful also. Wait time reasonable.
in Cumming, ga |
I've been a patient for 4 years. He's always been wonderful
Have you seen Dr. Imran Syed, MD?
Are you Dr. Syed?