Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 55

Dr. Fayaz

The Brain & Spine Institute of North Houston

500 Medical Center Blvd Ste 222 Conroe, TX 77304

Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Conroe, TX and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Toronto Faculty Of Med Canada medical school in 1990. He is affiliated with Hca Houston Healthcare Conroe. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Fayaz to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Fayaz with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe.

Make an appointment at HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe today at (281) 417-4665.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe.

Dr. Fayaz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fayaz

Dr. Fayaz

I was referred to Dr. Fayaz after attempts at more conservative treatments had failed. Upon the first visit, my wife and I were immediately impressed with his knowledge and equally important, the fact that we were not rushed in anyway. Dr. Fayaz answered every single question. His bedside manner is just awesome. He called me the day after the surgery just to see how I was doing and his staff made follow-up calls for the same. Additionally his office staff handled all the return to work paper-work without I was reluctant to have back surgery; meeting with the staff helped resolve those concerns.
Dee – Oct 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I can not say enough good things about this doctor. He performed emergency middle of the night neck surgery on my husband in December 2020. He is very professional and also a very caring and warm person. Highly recommend this doctor. His staff was always very helpful and friendly
Patient Joseph Ford – Jun 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
Dr. Fayaz is one of the best doctors that treated me. He did surgery on my lower back .. a herniated disk L5-S1 and i am feeling almost as good new after just 2.5 months. He is very knowledgeable, professional and friendly, he will treat you like family. I strongly recommend him, you won’t be disappointed!
Adina Maxim – Jun 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
So many positive things to say but the one thing that stands out in my memory is that Dr Fayaz looked out for my best interest, not his. He was not ready to call for surgery at the first visit. I had chronic neck pain. He recommended physical therapy first, pain management second. When I had no pain relief some 9 months later I scheduled surgery in the form of a cervical fusion. I am very happy with the outcome and live an active life. That was eight years ago. I highly recommend Dr Fayaz.
Debbie Hensley Perry – Aug 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I saw Dr Fayaz in 2004. It was an emergency surgery for my lower back. He did a Micro discectomy L4/L5. In Bakersfield,CA. I have been free from back pain ever since my surgery. He is an awesome Surgeon!! Gayle Wells now in Brenham, TX
Gayle Wells – Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
This man saved my life 30 days ago today. I was brought into Conroe Regional unconscious and in critical condition from a head injury suffered in a fall at a tennis tournament. Almost immediately after having a CT scan I was wheeled into surgery where Dr. Fayaz opened my skull and relieved the pressure that would have likely taken my life. He has my debt and gratitude forever and then some.
greg in montgomery, TX – May 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
Dr Fayaz is a very special doctor. He is not just brilliant he is genuine and caring. He saved my MIL’s life by preforming emergency brain surgery. I have complete trust in him!
Lindsey Goodwin in Conroe – Jan 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
He has been my surgeon for 10 years and 2 surgeries. I would not go to anyone else. Fantastic bedside manner and brilliant. I have worked beside him as well as a nurse. Can't praise him enough!!!
Laura Wells in Goliad, TX – Jan 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
Dr. Fayaz treated me and not back systems and therefore did a less evasive surgery with 100% results with no pain so I could get to the gym, spin classes. and riding my road bike.
David Cunningham in Montgomery, TX – Dec 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I saw several surgeons before meeting with Dr. Fayaz and I am so glad I chose him. I would highly recommend Dr. Fayaz for any back or spine problems you have. He listens to you, he is conservative in his approach and does not push surgery at all. He also worked with me when my insurance changed and he was no longer on my plan two months prior to surgery. Because he is not part of a larger physician's group, he can make each decision on a case by case basis in the best interest of his patient
Carina in Magnolia, TX – Nov 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I had lower back surgery just over a year ago caused by a fall. I am an avid 78 year old golfer who returned to playing golf with no pain about six months after the surgery. Dr. Fayaz is a special person, very easy to talk to and a terrific surgeon who takes the time to get to know you, your activities and only does surgery as a last resort.
Thomas Clough in Montgomery, TX – Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
Due to preexisting conditions and falls, Dr. Fayaz performed 4 surgeries on my cervical and lumbar spine since August, 2014. There are not enough words to say about the great treatment and care I received on both occasions, but, according to what I learned from my wife after the cervical fusion surgery, Dr. Fayaz spent 1.5 hours just getting me into position for surgery. I highly recommend him to anyone wanting the best care.
Jeff in Kingwood, TX – Jul 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I came to Dr. Fayaz in a very unexpected way, I was in a severe car accident where I fractured my neck which resulted in major surgery to have it fused. It was a very traumatic experience for me but Dr.Fayaz was very understanding? and took his time to explain my options. I feel very fortunate to have had such a knowledgeable? and genuine doctor by my side. Dr. Fayaz is a phenomenal doctor that truly cares about his patients.
Channelview, TX – Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
Dr. Fayaz pays attention to his patients well being, and will take all the time necessary to interact with his patients and address their concerns. He has the knowledge and skill to perform successful operations. I appreciate his open demeanor and his ability to articulate what he sees as the patients problem area and the ability to correct these issues, making sure the patient understands what is involved.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Rex B Anderson, Jr. in Willis, Texas – Jan 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
Dr. Fayaz, (MD; MSc; FRCSC; FACS; P.A.) and Jonas Konan, (MS, PA-C Neurosurgery) are the Ultimate Neurosurgical Team, beyond amazing, and I feel so very blessed to have been fortunate enough to present to the Emergency Room when Dr. Fayaz just happened to be the “On-Call Neurosurgeon” (and also Jonas, his PA-C). They successfully performed an “Emergency Spinal Operation” on me for almost 5 hours, on a major holiday without any complaint whatsoever and now I can walk! Thanks again.
David L Davidson in TX – Jan 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
In August of 2016 Dr. Fayaz performed surgery to repair a portion of my spine which was causing an excruciating amount of pain in my neck. Mind you, this was my second surgery in this same area and I wouldn't have done it if I didn't have to. From the moment of the initial consultation to the post-surgical care Dr. Fayaz displayed a great amount of professionalism, empathy and excellent bedside manner (which is rarely found in doctors of his caliber). I recommend him without hesitation!
Myriam Cates in Huntsville, TX – Aug 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I suffered in pain for over two years, trying every therapy, short of surgery, until I could no longer work or walk. Dr. Fayaz performed one surgery on my back and gave me my life back. I wish I had seen Dr. Fayaz years earlier. Dr. Fayaz and his P.A. Jonas were genuinely concerned with my well being, They gave me their time in a way I've seldom experienced with other doctors. Their communication with me was amazing, and their staff was phenomenal. If you need a neurosurgeon, call Dr. Fayaz.
Jeff in Huntsville, TX – Jun 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
Dr Fayaz is the most professional and kind Dr I have seen in a long time I am having surgery soon an I completely trust him I would highly recommend him to anyone I have full confidence and trust in him
Ruthie Z in Conroe, TX – May 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I was Blessed that Dr. Fayaz was on Duty September 6, 2016. He saved my Life. I was in a car accident and suffered a Burst Fracture. I WAS paralyzed for 3 Days. Dr. Fayaz and Jonas preformed surgery on September 7, 2016. Then stood by my side and checked on me daily until my second surgery September 10, 2016. I am walking now. I was never " Oh yeah, the spine case in room 123". Dr. Fayaz explained what he did and why each time we met. Thank you for giving me a Second Chance at Life. April
April Moshauer in Houston, TX – Apr 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I highly recommend that you can trust you challenges to Dr. Fayaz.  He is extremely professional and very detailed in helping you make the right  decisions for your health.  He takes time to listen to your questions and issues, and explains all medical options ,so you have a clear understanding along with family members and/or caregivers before you leave his office or hospital.
L. Martin in Mount Pleasant, TX – Mar 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fayaz?

Dr. Fayaz is a communicator, both with his patients and with the referring physicians. He believes that his patients deserve an accurate diagnosis and...Read more

Dr. Fayaz is an experienced, double board-certified neurosurgeon who specializes in relieving back and neck pain through surgical treatments of herniated...Read more

1999

• Ann Shepard Memorial Scholarship, University College, 1985
  • U of T Open Master's Fellowship, School of Graduate Studies, 1993
  • Faculty Scholar, Faculty of Arts and Science, 1985
  • Faculty Scholar, Faculty of Arts and Science, 1986

• Regeneration and Dieback Following Acute Neuritic Trauma in an In Vitro Cell Culture Model, 1995
  • Central Neurocytoma: Histologic Atypia, Proliferation Potential, and Clinical Outcome, 1998
  • Perforating Tuberculous Osteitis of the Skull, 1999
  • Assessing Traumatic Injury to Axons in an In Vitro Cell Culture System: Preliminary Results, 1995
  • Delineating the Nature of Traumatic Axonal Injury in an In Vitro Cell Culture System: Preliminary Findings, 1995
  • Concurrent Extradural and Intradural Meningioma: A Rare Presentation of Acute Spinal Cord Compression, 1999
  • Management of Cervical Instability with Lateral Mass Plates: Early Results in a Prospective Series of 18 Patients, 1994