Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD

Dr. Fayaz
Spine, and More

The Brain & Spine Institute of North Houston

500 Medical Center Blvd Ste 222 Conroe, TX 77304

Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Conroe, TX and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Fayaz has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University Of Toronto Faculty Of Med Canada medical school in 1990. He is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Fayaz to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Neurosurgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Fayaz accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Fayaz has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(281) 880-0700Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Fayaz

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Fayaz treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Fayaz treats other conditions, please contact the office at (281) 880-0700.

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Dr. Fayaz typically treats 58% more often than similar doctors

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Craniotomy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Low Back Procedure
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Neck Pain Procedure
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Fayaz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fayaz

Dr. Fayaz?
So many positive things to say but the one thing that stands out in my memory is that Dr Fayaz looked out for my best interest, not his. He was not ready to call for surgery at the first visit. I had chronic neck pain. He recommended physical therapy first, pain management second. When I had no pain relief some 9 months later I scheduled surgery in the form of a cervical fusion. I am very happy with the outcome and live an active life. That was eight years ago. I highly recommend Dr Fayaz.
Debbie Hensley Perry – Aug 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I saw Dr Fayaz in 2004. It was an emergency surgery for my lower back. He did a Micro discectomy L4/L5. In Bakersfield,CA. I have been free from back pain ever since my surgery. He is an awesome Surgeon!! Gayle Wells now in Brenham, TX
Gayle Wells – Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
This man saved my life 30 days ago today. I was brought into Conroe Regional unconscious and in critical condition from a head injury suffered in a fall at a tennis tournament. Almost immediately after having a CT scan I was wheeled into surgery where Dr. Fayaz opened my skull and relieved the pressure that would have likely taken my life. He has my debt and gratitude forever and then some.
greg in montgomery, TX – May 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
Dr Fayaz is a very special doctor. He is not just brilliant he is genuine and caring. He saved my MIL’s life by preforming emergency brain surgery. I have complete trust in him!
Lindsey Goodwin in Conroe – Jan 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
He has been my surgeon for 10 years and 2 surgeries. I would not go to anyone else. Fantastic bedside manner and brilliant. I have worked beside him as well as a nurse. Can't praise him enough!!!
Laura Wells in Goliad, TX – Jan 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
Dr. Fayaz treated me and not back systems and therefore did a less evasive surgery with 100% results with no pain so I could get to the gym, spin classes. and riding my road bike.
David Cunningham in Montgomery, TX – Dec 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I saw several surgeons before meeting with Dr. Fayaz and I am so glad I chose him. I would highly recommend Dr. Fayaz for any back or spine problems you have. He listens to you, he is conservative in his approach and does not push surgery at all. He also worked with me when my insurance changed and he was no longer on my plan two months prior to surgery. Because he is not part of a larger physician's group, he can make each decision on a case by case basis in the best interest of his patient
Carina in Magnolia, TX – Nov 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I had lower back surgery just over a year ago caused by a fall. I am an avid 78 year old golfer who returned to playing golf with no pain about six months after the surgery. Dr. Fayaz is a special person, very easy to talk to and a terrific surgeon who takes the time to get to know you, your activities and only does surgery as a last resort.
Thomas Clough in Montgomery, TX – Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
Due to preexisting conditions and falls, Dr. Fayaz performed 4 surgeries on my cervical and lumbar spine since August, 2014. There are not enough words to say about the great treatment and care I received on both occasions, but, according to what I learned from my wife after the cervical fusion surgery, Dr. Fayaz spent 1.5 hours just getting me into position for surgery. I highly recommend him to anyone wanting the best care.
Jeff in Kingwood, TX – Jul 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I came to Dr. Fayaz in a very unexpected way, I was in a severe car accident where I fractured my neck which resulted in major surgery to have it fused. It was a very traumatic experience for me but Dr.Fayaz was very understanding? and took his time to explain my options. I feel very fortunate to have had such a knowledgeable? and genuine doctor by my side. Dr. Fayaz is a phenomenal doctor that truly cares about his patients.
Channelview, TX – Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
Dr. Fayaz pays attention to his patients well being, and will take all the time necessary to interact with his patients and address their concerns. He has the knowledge and skill to perform successful operations. I appreciate his open demeanor and his ability to articulate what he sees as the patients problem area and the ability to correct these issues, making sure the patient understands what is involved.
Rex B Anderson, Jr. in Willis, Texas – Jan 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
Dr. Fayaz, (MD; MSc; FRCSC; FACS; P.A.) and Jonas Konan, (MS, PA-C Neurosurgery) are the Ultimate Neurosurgical Team, beyond amazing, and I feel so very blessed to have been fortunate enough to present to the Emergency Room when Dr. Fayaz just happened to be the “On-Call Neurosurgeon” (and also Jonas, his PA-C). They successfully performed an “Emergency Spinal Operation” on me for almost 5 hours, on a major holiday without any complaint whatsoever and now I can walk! Thanks again.
David L Davidson in TX – Jan 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
In August of 2016 Dr. Fayaz performed surgery to repair a portion of my spine which was causing an excruciating amount of pain in my neck. Mind you, this was my second surgery in this same area and I wouldn't have done it if I didn't have to. From the moment of the initial consultation to the post-surgical care Dr. Fayaz displayed a great amount of professionalism, empathy and excellent bedside manner (which is rarely found in doctors of his caliber). I recommend him without hesitation!
Myriam Cates in Huntsville, TX – Aug 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I suffered in pain for over two years, trying every therapy, short of surgery, until I could no longer work or walk. Dr. Fayaz performed one surgery on my back and gave me my life back. I wish I had seen Dr. Fayaz years earlier. Dr. Fayaz and his P.A. Jonas were genuinely concerned with my well being, They gave me their time in a way I've seldom experienced with other doctors. Their communication with me was amazing, and their staff was phenomenal. If you need a neurosurgeon, call Dr. Fayaz.
Jeff in Huntsville, TX – Jun 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
Dr Fayaz is the most professional and kind Dr I have seen in a long time I am having surgery soon an I completely trust him I would highly recommend him to anyone I have full confidence and trust in him
Ruthie Z in Conroe, TX – May 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I was Blessed that Dr. Fayaz was on Duty September 6, 2016. He saved my Life. I was in a car accident and suffered a Burst Fracture. I WAS paralyzed for 3 Days. Dr. Fayaz and Jonas preformed surgery on September 7, 2016. Then stood by my side and checked on me daily until my second surgery September 10, 2016. I am walking now. I was never " Oh yeah, the spine case in room 123". Dr. Fayaz explained what he did and why each time we met. Thank you for giving me a Second Chance at Life. April
April Moshauer in Houston, TX – Apr 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I highly recommend that you can trust you challenges to Dr. Fayaz.  He is extremely professional and very detailed in helping you make the right  decisions for your health.  He takes time to listen to your questions and issues, and explains all medical options ,so you have a clear understanding along with family members and/or caregivers before you leave his office or hospital.
L. Martin in Mount Pleasant, TX – Mar 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
I found Dr. Fayaz to be a very genuine person, not at all what I have experienced with past doctors. While it is true that a surgeon has to be confident in his skills as a surgeon, Dr. Fayaz is not boastful about his skills. I am confident that I have the best neurosurgeon operating on my neck. He doesn't rush through an appointment; he sits down and explains his thoughts and plans for my treatment in a way that I feel very confident that I am receiving the best care possible.
Debbie Magee in Magnolia, TX – Mar 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
Dr. Fayaz and Jonas were great! My daughter recommended him, because she new of him and his reputation from Kingwood Hospital. I saw him in February of 2016... best decision I ever made. I could barely walk, because of the pain. Dr. Fayaz and Jonas made me feel as if I was their only patient. He diagnosed me and explained everything so well. I had two surgeries on my neck and one on my lower back within six months. The surgeries went GREAT! I have no pain! I thank God for Dr. Fayaz!
A. Green in Spring, TX – Dec 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?
He is a great doctor. Good bedside manor. I had neck surgery and was back to work in just two weeks. Jonah and Dr. Fayaz made me feel like one of the gang. Staff was super nice and always picked out my favorite candy when I came in. If you are in pain and in need of a surgeon you won't be disappointed.
Joey King in Shenandoah tx – Jan 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Fayaz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fayaz?

Dr. Fayaz is a communicator, both with his patients and with the referring physicians. He believes that his patients deserve an accurate diagnosis and...Read more

Dr. Fayaz is an experienced, double board-certified neurosurgeon who specializes in relieving back and neck pain through surgical treatments of herniated...Read more

1999

• Gabriel Leung Memorial Scholarship, Faculty of Medicine, 1990
  • Humanitarian Award, Hospital for Sick Children, 1998
  • U of T Open Master's Fellowship, School of Graduate Studies, 1993

• >Perforating Tuberculous Osteitis of the Skull, 1999
  • >Management of Cervical Instability with Lateral Mass Plates: Early Results in a Prospective Series of 18 Patients, 1994
  • >Central Neurocytoma: Histologic Atypia, Proliferation Potential, and Clinical Outcome, 1998
  • >Delineating the Nature of Traumatic Axonal Injury in an In Vitro Cell Culture System: Preliminary Findings, 1995
  • >Regeneration and Dieback Following Acute Neuritic Trauma in an In Vitro Cell Culture Model, 1995
  • >Assessing Traumatic Injury to Axons in an In Vitro Cell Culture System: Preliminary Results, 1995
  • >Concurrent Extradural and Intradural Meningioma: A Rare Presentation of Acute Spinal Cord Compression, 1999