Dr. Imran Akram, MD

Dr. Imran Akram, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Imran Akram, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Reston, VA and has been practicing for 11 years. He graduated from King Edward Medical College in 1998 and specializes in psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry, and more.

1860 Town Center Dr Ste 340

Reston, VA 20190

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Akram

This content was provided by Dr. Akram "I provide high quality, comprehensive healthcare to adults and teenagers with ADHD, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and other mental disorders. My approach is to focus on the whole patient and follow evidence-based treatment guidelines. Due to my experience of working both in acute inpatient setting and non-acute or chronic outpatient setting, I am proficient in dealing with acute crisis intervention and chronic maintenance treatment."

• Psychiatry

• Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• King Edward Medical College
  • Geriatric Psychiatry
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • University Of Virginia Health Sciences Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Akram has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Urdu

Dr. Akram does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Akram and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Akram's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Akram to family and friends

Dr. Akram's Performance

Dr.Akram has been my doctor for over 7 years. He is kind,compassionate,and he really cares about his patients. He is extremely knowledgeable about medications and takes the time to answer any and all questions or concerns. He REALLY listens to what I say,and I trust him completely. He has treated...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have seen Dr. Akram on-and-off for years now, and he has never disappointed me in his ability to listen, correctly diagnose, and properly prescribe. He is very easy to talk to and you can tell he truly cares about/remembers the details of his patients. Recently he saw me the next day after I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
I've been seeing Dr. Akram since 2011. He always has a way of explaining things to make me feel better about my mental health issues. Even though I see him every three months, he is all the therapy I need.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Akram is an excellent psychiatrist. He is very thorough and friendly as well!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Akram is wonderful! He is an excellent listener and throughly explains his diagnosis and advice. He was the first psychiatrist I have seen, so I was very nervous, but Dr. Akram made my visit very pleasant. He is easy to talk to, and I felt completely comfortable confiding in him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0