Dr. Imran Akram, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 44

Dr. Akram

Comprehensive Psychiatry

1860 Town Center Dr Ste 340 Reston, VA 20190

Dr. Imran Akram, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Reston, VA and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from King Edward Medical College in 1998 and specializes in psychiatry and pediatric psychiatry.

Dr. Akram's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Akram

4.5

Dr. Akram?
Dr. Akram's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Imran Akram, MD
Did not address concerns. Very short - does not get to the true issue, doesn't listen to concerns about medications. Charges a RIDICULOUS amount of money for every little thing. 15 min appointments are $175. Any medical letters are cut and pasted from other patients with little true relevant information about patient and cost a fortune. Find someone else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Akram, MD?
Seeing him for about a year. Appointments are to the point. Speaks English well, hardly any accent. Sharp guy, knows his stuff. Benefited me. Glad I chose him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Akram, MD?
Treats you with dishonesty from the start. $$$$. Would not recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Akram, MD?
Highly competent and professional. Easy, conversational manner and refreshingly clear and direct.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Akram, MD?
Dr.Akram has been my doctor for over 7 years. He is kind,compassionate,and he really cares about his patients. He is extremely knowledgeable about medications and takes the time to answer any and all questions or concerns. He REALLY listens to what I say,and I trust him completely. He has treated my son who went through a serious depression and has also worked with my mother who is having great difficulty with her memory since her 77th birthday. He is simply the best and I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Akram, MD?
I have seen Dr. Akram on-and-off for years now, and he has never disappointed me in his ability to listen, correctly diagnose, and properly prescribe. He is very easy to talk to and you can tell he truly cares about/remembers the details of his patients. Recently he saw me the next day after I called him in need of his services without hesitation, something I really appreciated. And immediately my outlook and quality of everyday life began improving. Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Akram, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Akram since 2011. He always has a way of explaining things to make me feel better about my mental health issues. Even though I see him every three months, he is all the therapy I need.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Akram, MD?
Dr. Akram is an excellent psychiatrist. He is very thorough and friendly as well!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Akram, MD?
Dr. Akram is wonderful! He is an excellent listener and throughly explains his diagnosis and advice. He was the first psychiatrist I have seen, so I was very nervous, but Dr. Akram made my visit very pleasant. He is easy to talk to, and I felt completely comfortable confiding in him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Akram, MD?
I've seen several Doctors and Dr. Akram is excellent. He explains in full detail your medication management and answers all questions about medications. Very Knowledgeable kind. I highly recommend that if you need help to reach out to Dr. Akram!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Akram, MD?
Dr.Akram is an excellent doctor. I have been his patient for almost 2 years and I'm very well. I was able to aim high and work harder because of his help. I highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Akram, MD?
Dr. Akram is an excellent physician, and counselor. His knowledge of Psychiatry is above reproach; subsequently, his questions are perceptive, detailed enough to extract the information he needs to make accurate assessments of mental health. He is also very attuned to body language, inflection of voice and attitude. He never prescribes more medication (if any) medication then needed, and always wants to be an active participant in his patients mental health team, and wants feedback from his pati
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Akram, MD?
Dr. Akram has always treated me with both compassion and professional, medical acumen. He is well educated and adept in the treatment of anxiety and depression, and takes care to incorporate a patient's personal environment (family, work, life events) into his assessment and treatment. Dr. Akram has also exceeded expectations by going above and beyond the call of duty to ensure my continued care and well being. He is by far the best psychiatrist I have ever seen- I highly recommend him.
excellent dr
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Imran Akram, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Akram?

I provide high quality, comprehensive healthcare to adults and teenagers with ADHD, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and other mental disorders. My approach is to focus on the whole patient and follow evidence-based treatment guidelines. Due to...

• Psychiatry

• Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Urdu

Dr. Akram accepts

Dr. Akram accepts the following insurance:

We do not accept health insurance

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Akram's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Akram's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dementia
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Medication Management
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation