Dr. Ilyas Munshi, MD

Dr. Ilyas Munshi, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Ilyas G Munshi MD 99 W Martial Ave Lafayette, LA 70508 Get Directions

At our practice, we believe that every patient deserves the highest level of compassionate care. We understand that each patient is unique and take the time to understand how your condition affects you and your life. Treatment plans are created on a case-by-case basis and geared toward helping you return to normal activities as quickly as possible.

Dr. Ilyas Munshi, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Lafayette, LA. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Munshi is affiliated with Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital, Lafayette General Medical Center and Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Munshi's Experience

See how Dr. Munshi's experience matches your preferences.

View Video

Visiting Dr. Munshi

Dr. Munshi accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Munshi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Munshi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Munshi to family and friends
Dr. Munshi's Performance
in Lafayette, LA |
Very good doctor. Satisfied with explanations, surgery, and post op visit
in Marksville, LA |
Before choosing a neurosurgeon, I did some research as to who would be the best surgeon for me. I wanted one that had experience, was knowledgeable in my diagnosis, and that would take time with me to answer my questions. I am so happy that I chose Dr. Munshi! He always had a smile on his face, was very friendly, and truly concerned about me. Dr. Munshi and his office staff are wonderful and I am so very thankful for how I was taken care of in my time of need.
in Lafayette, LA |
I would highly recommend Dr Munshi. After having great pain then no feeling in my leg and seeing several other doctors for over a year and getting no help or relief I was referred to dr Munshi by a coworker. One visit surgery was scheduled and immediately after surgery I had all feeling in my leg again. He truly gave me my life back and I could never thank him enough. I will never use anyone else for neuro issues.
in Welsh, LA |
Would definitely recommend Dr. Munshi. I was in an accident. He performed emergency surgery, and he saved my life!!!
in Lafayette, LA |
15yrs of chronic back pain and finally, relief!!! I was very nervous at first but Dr. Munshi was very confident that I would do fine and he was right! 4months post op and I can sit without pain and walk longer distances without pain and I'm still recovering. I prayed and asked God to put me in the best hands possibly and as usual, he never fails! My operation was a complete success! Dr Munshi did an amazing job!
in Lafayette, LA |
Great doctor. No complaints. Great communication and bedside manner. Would recommend him hands down.
in Loreauville,La. |
Dr.Munshi is an excellent Dr. In his profession, he has given me positive results in my back surgery in just three weeks, Iam moving around and no more back pain! I highly recommend this doctor.
in Lake Charles, LA |
Dr Munshi's professionalism is beyond expectations and his work is amazing. I suffered with lower back pain for many years and had instant relief after surgery.
in Kaplan,LA |
Came to Dr Munshi due to an auto accident. He addressed my issue so Ishtar way and made no false promises. Explained everything he was going to do to get me better. Kept his part of the bargain and allowed me to get my life back to normal. Very great full for have chosen Dr Munshi.
Had surgery , I am pain free
in Lafayette, LA |
I am grateful for Dr. Munshi he is my hero :) I went from cripple to pain free and no medications I am so glad I had spine surgery and I am Happy and active again . Recovery time was 2 weeks and I was back at work Vivian Chicola
in Lafayette, LA |
Every friendly and professional.
in New Iberia LA |
I was really scared about having surgery but Dr. Munshi explained everything and I am back to normal.Dr.Munshi and his staff helped a great deal dealing with insurance and has taken great care of me before and after my back surgery. I would recommend him to everyone that needs his help.
in Abbeville LA |
Awesome experience. He did exactly what he said he was going to do... I feel great and it's only been two weeks.
in Lafayette, LA |
Dr. Munshi has a fantastic bedside manner, and uses the latest techniques causing less pain and a quicker healing time.
in Lafayette, LA |
I'm a patient of Dr. Munchi for over 4 years now. He first helped me with a spinal cyst that developed post hip replacement. I had been in severe pain for several months when I went to him. He scheduled me for surgery that week and the day after I felt like I could go dancing. A few years later I thought the cyst came back , but it turned out I had herniated several disc in my lumbar. He performed surgery cleaning the bulge that pinched the spinal nerve and gave me relief. 1 night stay in hosp.
in Lafayette, LA |
I was suffering with back pain for about 5 years and kept going to doctors to help me because the pain had traveled down my left leg, making it difficult for me to work and walk on it for long periods of time and no one would do so. Making a long story short Dr. Munshi is a wonderful doctor. He preformed my surgery and removed my disc off of my sciatic nerve. I feel 1000% better than ever. Thanks to this wonderful doctor. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a neurosurgeon.
in Lafayette, LA |
I would highly recommend Dr Munshi. I had a successful surgery and am very pleased with the care during and after surgery. Great Doctor!
in Kaplan la |
Dr munshi did a super job for me. We tried 2 shots and then went to surgery. He doesnt waste your time and knows his business. He pretty well cured my back problem with s minimum of time Thank you Dr munshi
He clearly knows his specialty and has been a good doctor to work with. He can come across as a little impatient at times but I don't think it is intentional. The office staff are all amazing and we have rarely waited longer than 10 mins even when we were late.
Have you seen Dr. Ilyas Munshi, MD?
Are you Dr. Munshi?

Compare Dr. Munshi

Dr. Munshi's Care Philosophy

Dr. Munshi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available

Dr. Munshi has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Munshi's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

University Of Chicago Hospitals

Completed in 2000

University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine

Graduated in 1990

Dr. Munshi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Munshi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Repair
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic