Dr. Ilene Spitzer, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 61

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Ilene Spitzer, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Portsmouth, NH and has over 36 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Nwu Fienberg Sch Of Med medical school in 1986. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Ilene Spitzer, MD

• Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Eating Disorders
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

Dr. Spitzer accepts

Dr. Spitzer accepts the following insurance:

Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

4.761904761904762%
47.61904761904762%

Dr. Spitzer

I recommend Dr. Spitzer highly
Dr. Spitzer is a very dedicated, thoughtful and compassionate doctor. She has an outstanding knowledge of medications. She always goes above and beyond the call of duty. She takes her role as a psychiatrist very seriously.
Apr 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilene Spitzer, MD?
Should not have a license. I saw her when I was 16-17 for mild social anxiety and depression, issues that I just needed to navigate with a knowledgeable and caring professional. She made me believe she was that person, gained my trust, and abused her power. She recommended that my parents send me to wilderness therapy, (which was traumatizing) and then sent me right back there again shortly after (which gave me more PTSD). She also prescribed my Xanax on two different occasions, as a daily dose rather than a rescue med. I had to stop smoking weed and start taking a drug that kills thousand’s annually. She gaslighted me, manipulated me and my parents, and ultimately stole years of my adolescence, and severely damaged my relationship with my parents. Her last hoorah was sending me to a year-long rehab facility, three weeks before I turned 18. Because of her, I spent more time from 16-18 in facilities than outside of them. Don’t go here and don’t send your loved ones to here. Manipulative
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
Dec 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilene Spitzer, MD?
My daughter has been seeing dr spitzer for more than 18 months. Dr spitzer worked hard to gain her trust. Dr spitzer keeps the parents informed about most things without breaking the trust of my daughter. If you have a teen that could use advise or what the child feels is a safe ear. Please go to dr spitzer. You will not regret your decision
Bruce – Jun 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilene Spitzer, MD?
Dr. Spitzer responds below that routine monitoring of a patient's blood via lab draw is not necessary while on antipsychotics. Since 2003 the FDA has require labeling of all second generation antipsychotics and require measuring metabolic markers prior to prescribing and after prescribing antipsychotics. It blows my mind that a person prescribing drugs to children and adolescence wouldn't know that. Dangerous. Appalling.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
farley44 in Portsmouth, NH – Jun 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilene Spitzer, MD?
Dr. Spitzer truly cares about her patients and fully explains answers to any questions you have. For the first time I feel that I have s doctor who is on my side to help support my progression of getting better.
Portsmouth – May 02, 2017
Thank you for your thoughts and input. It means...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilene Spitzer, MD?
She misdiagnosed my son, contradicted all his previous testing, then started him on antipsychotic medication. She never checked his blood levels to see if these medications were causing him harm. She felt only her opinion was valid and never truly listened to the input from the school counselors. She was condescending toward our pediatrician and i would not recommend her.
Burlington, MA – Dec 21, 2016
I am sorry you were so frustrated. I Would have...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ilene Spitzer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Spitzer?