Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD

Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD

Internal MedicineMaleAge 53

Internal Medicine

Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD is a Internal Medicine Specialist in El Paso, TX. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Las Palmas Medical Center and Del Sol Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Regent Cross Medical Clinic LLC11620 Pellicano Dr Ste A El Paso, TX 79936

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chukwu

3.8

Dr. Chukwu

Overworked and nonresponsive
This physician has a very large office practice and shows up very late at night when his patients are in the hospital. He compromises patie t care as a result and he needs to be better managed by a chief medical officer/medical director
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Concerned patient family member – May 06, 2022
Terrible Staff/ office mgr
Dr Chukwu is a caring dedicated dr but he has a problem in his office. The problem is his office manager and so.e if her coworkers. When patients are flat lied to by mgt and deceived it is time for dr Chukwu to let some heads roll. This has been an an ongoing problem for years. I hope he will read patient complaints and reviews and act. Shame, good dr surrounded by losers.
Apr 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
Dr. Chukwu is an incredibly caring physician, so many great things can be said about him. On the other hand, his staff is so horrendous that they almost completely overshadow how great of a doctor he is. We have had several issues with them correcting orders or sending the correct information to get the medications needed. They take forever to return or even answer calls and never follow through with promising to do their jobs. This has been addressed with Dr. Chukwu as well as his nurse practitioner and nothing has changed. This has made us highly consider switching physicians even though we love the doctor himself.
May 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
My Mother was attended by Dr. Chukwu when she was admitted to Providence East. I only met him when he checked in on her condition. He was very cordial and seemed to be interested in her welfare. Respectfully, I don't really know what he does. I received several bills from his clinic of which I overpaid $200.51 on the last one. I requested a refund of the overpayment in April 2021 from Regents Cross Clinic; however, in May they illegally credited her account instead for a future billing which will not happen. The Texas Medical Association cites the State Law Occupations code which refers to a refund of the overpayment no matter how small. If no payment is made within 30 days of discovering the overpayment then a complaint can be submitted for assistance from the Texas Medical Board. I will pursue this complaint which may uncover other patients who have had the same outcome and/or never repaid by this unscrupulous and unprofessional clinic's business practices.
UNSATISFIED – May 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
As a patient,it gives me great confidence and comfort to be treated by Dr. Chukwu. He is knowledgeable, professional, and caring. Dr. Chukwu attended my husband for years when my husband had cancer. He always was honest with him and at the same time offered him encouragement. Our entire family was grateful for the respect shown to my husband by this kind doctor. Now I am one of his patients. He continues with attentiveness to symptoms, correct labs to search for answers, honest and easy to understand explanations, and always asks if the patient has any questions. In my opinion, El Paso citizens are fortunate that this renown doctor serves our community.
Jill Gomez – Apr 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
Dr Chuwku is very attentive, kind, compassionate and understanding.
Lupe P Ramirez – Feb 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
Dr. Chukwu's office charged me double on my co-pay I have been trying to get a refund for 3 months and keep getting the run around. My insurance notified them about the overcharge and have not received a refund. I've called constantly and all I hear is that Dr. Chukwu's wife is too busy to send me the refund. Dr. Chukwu owes me $80 and you know in this hard times we are having with covid every penny counts but I guess when people like Dr. Chukwu that have no worries on where your next meal or money for gas is coming from does not care about those of us that do worry. In the 4 years living in El Paso I've been to the doctor 4 times so if they are waiting for me to make appointments to receive this refund with credit it would take at least 8 years to collect and I am not planning on staying in El Paso that long. Dr. Chukwu is a very good doctor it would help if he would get involved in what is going on with his patients have this would make him an outstanding medical facility.
Nov 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
The Dr and NP are wonderful. They take their time, they listen, they do not rush through their appointment. They have great bedside manner and truly care for your wellbeing. I highly recommend this office to anyone in search of a new Dr. However, the office is horribly run and is completely unorganized. I had tests run in house and expected to be called before my follow up with the results. My follow up was 6 weeks later and I still was not contacted the week of. When I called to ask for results, I was told by multiple people they were not back yet. When I finally had a call with the NP she said she was told the same but took a min to look into it and found them in my chart!! So they were there the whole time! When you call and ask questions, you never hear back either. They seem friendly but just don't have their office organized. Its a true shame because the Dr's are amazing!
Andrea Thompson – Aug 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
Good Doc but staff inefficient, they fail to return written messages on the portal, no follow up with the office mgr or her staff, fail to pass patient questions to doc, office mgr friendly one day nasty the next depends on her mood Unpredictable as hell. I Would not recommend this clinic to anyone
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Steven Shutt – Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
The Dr. is great. His staff does not follow up on ANYTHING. I called 3 times to get test results. The last time, I talked to someone who was going to ask the Dr. about more questions I had. Guess what, She has never called me back, I guess I have to call a 4th time. You spend a lot of money for tests, and the staff doesn't follow through with getting back to you. I asked who the office manager is, only to find out she was one of the girls who DID NOT return my call. Also, when I was there,the restroom was out of paper towels, when I told them, they all stared at me. No one thanked me or got up to fill them.
Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
Love Dr. Chukwu, very knowledgeable, and takes his time with you. I never feel rushed and he will will actually listen to your concerns, most Dr.'s don't. I am not please with the office staff. I called 2 weeks after my appt., never heard about my results, and I talked to the office manager, she was rude and she never returned my call. I had to call 2 more times, and sat on hold 15 mins., then was told, I will be called back with results, I hope so!
Jul 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
Great doctor! HORRIBLY run office. His office staff are rude and do not follow thru with processing paperwork, prescriptions and NEVER answer the phone. I have heard the same complaints from friends and surprisingly other patients while waiting hours in the waiting room. Dr. Chukwu really needs an office rescue. It really is the ONLY blemish to his name.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Jorge – May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
The staff is very selective about calling patients in. Does not matter your appointment time, when you arrived or how many patients in front of you. Last visit was a six hour ordeal...staff had left my chart on the desk & forgot to put it with patients being called in. This visit..my appointment was at 7:45 & I arrived promptly. There were two patients in the waiting room when I arrived. In the course of an hour, those two patients were called in to see the doctor plus three that arrived after I did. Those patients were not there for lab work or tests but to see the dr.) When I questioned Carmen, she said well, you need to have some tests done. My comment to her were the tests were always done after seeing the doctor & she said "Well, let me put you in a room." My response, "I don't think so, there are already three patients in front of me that shouldn't have been." This is standard practice for this office...my niece gets the same treatment. I'm done, done with this doctor.
Gwen Wilbanks – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
Dr. Chukwu is a very good person, great doctor and has addressed all our health issues . He has a great staff, very courteous all the time. We do have to wait awhile but he does give us his undivided attention. My husband and I have been his patients since March 2014. No complaints on our behalf . We are very satisfied .
Yolanda c.Lopez in El Paso, TX – Apr 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
My husband has been a patient of Dr. Chukwu's for almost 5 years. He is a fantastic doctor. He listens, is compassionate but stern when he has to be. He is very thorough and always on top of his profession. The only complaint I have is regarding his staff. They are very rude, not efficient and lack in customer service. Given the right training, maybe the staff could be as excellent as Dr. Chukwu and create a great team.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
El Paso, TX – Jan 08, 2019
he is the best !!!!
lorenza v rodriguez in el paso, TX – Dec 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
He is the best Dr. God put on my way, God has bless him with a beautiful talent, helping ppl to get better. He is a good Dr. I had some close encounters with I believe death N God has given him wisdom to help me and my family out. Thank U Dr Chukwu for helping my husband,son n I. Ur the best. I can say he loves his Job he loves helping sick patients. I know things will not always b good, but he makes it better. Thank u for ur hard work N dedication. May God Bless u N family. Great Staff :)
Meza Family in El Paso – May 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
I had to wait a bit in the waiting area and exam rooms because it was a busy morning, but I believe it was very much worth it. I felt like Dr. Chukwu really took the time to listen to my concerns, address any possible problems, and make sure I understood everything he was doing or saying. He was very professional, knowledgeable, and kind.
El Paso, TX – May 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
I'm from New York and I'm used to having excellent medical care from doctors who are at the top of their game. Dr. Chukwu was referred by a friend. Waiting room time was short. Dr. Chukwu was professional and courteous. He listened to my concerns and addressed them confidently. He made me feel comfortable and at ease. Very professional but also approachable ,which is so important to a patient. If you want real anwers and confidence from a medical provider, this is your new doctor! 5 stars!!!
yolunda in El Paso, TX – Apr 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?
Dr. Chukwu is awesome! He has been such a blessing to our mother with all her medical needs. He is caring and compassionate! We love him. Moving mother to Midland, TX and really will miss him and his staff!
The Bergen's and The Grosses in Midland, TX – Mar 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ikedieze Chukwu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chukwu?