Dr. Igor Turok, MD

NeurologyMaleAge 46

Neurology

Dr. Igor Turok, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Stamford, CT and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Turok has extensive experience in Headache. He graduated from Ross University, School Of Medicine in 2002. He is affiliated with Stamford Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Igor Turok, MD

Comprehensive Neurology and Pain Center of Connecticut

999 Summer St Ste 100 Stamford, CT 06905
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Neurology Specialists

Compare Dr. Turok with our nearby Neurology Specialists at Hartford Healthcare.

Make an appointment at Hartford Healthcare today at (203) 392-1166.

These providers are on the medical staff of Hartford Healthcare.

Dr. Turok's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Turok

4.0

2.097902097902098%

Dr. Turok

Horrible doctor!! I came to him because of pain. I was having low energy and fatigue and he told me I need testosterone and that this would help me. He really pushed me and I agreed. What a mistake! I already suffer from sleep apnea and insomnia and these got much worse after I got the testosterone shot. Got severely depressed. Went to another doc to treat the insomnia but didn’t help. Been suffering for months now. Avoid this quack at all costs. You’ve been forewarned.
Dec 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
Doctor Turok is awesome, and his staff is the best I've had the pleasure of knowing. He takes the time to diagnose the problem regardless of past recommendations and once he has a clear understanding of the issue he goes to work quickly. He never cuts a conversation short and always takes the time to listen. It's no wonder he chooses his patients as much as they choose him. If you're lucky enough to live within his practice you will not regret choosing him. I am a work in progress, however he has focused on the immediate issue at all times. Do yourself a favor and make an appointment to see him if you are dealing with chronic pain or nerve related issues. You can thank me later....
Ron Warzoha – Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
left with a sick feeling. I never asked or been prescribed opioids since I broke my foot in 2018 and was given it. was drug tested on walking in but later the DR stated Pain meds don't work on nerve pain so why tested? $$ (shocking) I gave all my complaints and info to the nurse and the Dr walks in asking why I was there, obviously there was no handoff from the nurse. So, again I go through about my PN symptoms and pain and the Dr says "So what do you want?". I suspect this was a seeker question maybe. I said "to be out of pain". Why else do I go to a Pain management Dr? (stupid question). I tried most of the standard therapies I hoped for more offerings with stats on how many people these gimmicks helped. Nothing. They ordered another anticonvulsant to which we didn't discuss and a cream I've already used without my consent? I was offered three "out of pocket" gimmicks including IV B12 though labs show fine and injection would be before IV. Shameful his treatment of ppl
Nov 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
This place is a racket/money mill. Dr. Turok is all talk and no skill. The bright spot in this office is Dr. Marcel Green, who is a fantastic chiropractor. Kiley in the office is downright rude, icy, and will add to the pain you are already in.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
Dr Turok is the best! I’ve been a patient almost 6 years and with his help I am able to enjoy my life with a lot less pain! I am very impressed with how he has handled my care during this pandemic. He has been in weekly contact with me which is very reassuring. I look forward to resuming my in office visits next month!
Judy Belcourt – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
Dr. Igor Turok - I went to his Stamford office. Dr. Turok instilled my faith in neurologists. I had gone to a few and swore I wouldn't go to one again. After a serious surgery, it was recommended that I go to a neurologist. My attitude was negative to say the least, but my family can be pretty persuasive to a point of annoyance. I looked online and figured I would give Dr. Turok a chance. What is the worst that could happen? I can just leave and never go back. I was happily surprised. Dr. Turok took the time to find the origin of my pain. He made my life easier and the pain manageable. The staff is great. The secretary is lovely. She returns phone calls immediately and follows through with a patient's concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Turok.
Dr. Eizabeth Gjelaj Merturi (Educator) – Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
He’s an excellent doctor who cares about his patients. His staff compliment his efforts through efficiency and compassion.
Fernando – Feb 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
Doesn’t care to take the time to explain anything properly to patients, nor does he listen to concerns. He just whips through each patient with the same protocol of testing and procedures. Up until now, I was his patient for many years. But no more. He’s constantly looking for more ways to bring money in his practice, sacrificing quality of care. He’s made several mistakes by not looking into my file and doesn’t care to take responsibility or even apologize. He just becomes combative or sarcastic. You can read that in his replies to negative comments. He also PUSHES his patients to write reviews with incessant emails and in office. It’s sad, and I worry for new patients. They need accurate representation and half of these reviews aren’t that. I know of several patients and employees who left because of bad practices.
Enough is enough! – Feb 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
He truly try’s to help and work with you I just started with him it’s been a month and I feel better already I been dealing with my issues for years Thank Dr. T
Dave – Nov 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
I see Dr, Turok for pain (torn Lumbar Discs) and I have recently be given PRP injection (which increases strength and range o motion
R. N. Paolino, Ph. D. – Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
Dr Turok was very helpful in releaving the pain in my knee and lower back spasm.
Robert Smith – Oct 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
Love this doctor the best of the best.I have had chronic pain going on about 20 years now.Been to too many doctors.I am thrilled finally found one to help me...
Rachel Bahal – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
Dr. Turok has been a very big help in controlling my migraine. I have suffered for many years and have finally found relief through his practice.
Julia – Sep 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
He was fine in the beginning when he found out I did not want injections he turned me over to the nurse never seen him again they hook me on pain meds for over year had bad piss test cut me off meds without gradually been sick and can’t work they told me to see another doc very professional lol thanks guys
Sep 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
Stay away, this is a con man. Takes no history, does not care about that. Only wants to prescribe tons of unnecessary tests and treatments. I left there after my first visit with 6 visits scheduled for the next 2 weeks plus a 500 dollar back brace I didn't want.
Aug 16, 2019
I do utilize numerous healthy modalities in order...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
I feel no one listened to me nor understood why I was there. I was given expensive equipment to take home that had nothing to do with my pain. When I tried to explain, I walked over & told I need these things. Turns out I didn't & had to return everything. I'll not go back.
Aug 14, 2019
I am sorry to hear that. I am saddened to find...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
Dr Turok has helped manage my pain to a tolerable level.
Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Turok for over 10 years. I had 2 disc replaced in my neck and am seeing Dr. Turok for pain management. Without the treatment (Radio Frequency injection, Cervical epidural, facet injection, dysport injection) I don't believe I would be able to work and have a quality of life that I do have. He ensures that you receive a level of care that should be expected from any doctor. He is straight forward, honest and truly caring about his patients. He will not let you just walk out of his office in pain. He will always do his best to make sure you are living your best quality of life. When my daughter was diagnosed with back issues as a freshman in high school there was no other doctor I trusted enough to help her. He took her on as one of his youngest patents at the time and ensured that she was treated properly and wasn't put on medications she didn't need. I cant say enough about the trust I have in his abilities. Thank you for all you have done.
Lorri Johndrow – Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
I have been a patient with Dr. Turok for almost 10 years. He has allowed for my pain to be managed in ways that continue to leave me speechless. I am forever grateful to him and his staff for the extreme care and excellent service they provide each time I come in to the office. There will never be enough thank yous in the world! I wouldn’t trust any other doctor and team with my pain management care! Appreciate you Dr. Turok!
Breann Johndrow – Jul 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?
My wife & I will always refer family & friends to the complete staff at Dr Turok’s! If your in pain he finds out why & works on it to make you pain free! Thank you Dr Turok & staff!
John in Wallingford , CT – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Turok, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Turok?