Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD

Pain Medicine ·  Male · Age 47

Dr. Smelyansky

Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Knoxville, TN and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from Wayne State University School Of Medicine in 1999 and specializes in pain medicine and neurology.

Make an appointment

Dr. Smelyansky accepts

Dr. Smelyansky accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Tricare
Tricare South
WellPoint
WellPoint PPO

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check Dr. Smelyansky's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Smelyansky's Top Procedures and Conditions

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Smelyansky treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain
Chronic Neck Pain

Dr. Smelyansky treats Chronic Neck Pain more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Smelyansky treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Smelyansky treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pain Management
  • Stroke
  • Thrombosis
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

The goal of our office is to provide patients with means to get better and to assist them along the way in a very compassionate fashion.

• Pain Medicine

37.2093023255814%

Dr. Smelyansky?
Dr. Smelyansky's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD
Filthy overcrowded office, one bathroom for men & women which usually has urine on the seat, no TP & rarely paper towels. The office staff lost my checks many times, as well as the faxes that my GP sent. Disorganized and subpar care. I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worst enemy. He only cares about high turnover and making money, NOT YOU! I had him inject my spine and could walk for weeks after. He had no clue what he’s doing. So crowded that there is usually standing room only. Terrible!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
Worst doctor on the planet. He injected my spine in hospital and I wasn’t able to get out of bed for nearly 3 weeks. He doesn’t care about you, he only cares for the money he makes evident by overbooking to the point you don’t even have a chair in his filthy waiting room. I had to sit in my vehicle on three occasions as there was standing room only. His pain management leaves MUCH to be desired. The one bathroom is for both men and women, has urine on the seats, & rarely toilet paper. Terrible!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
I have been dealing with pain management for years. CPS in Maryville was my previous provider. All they did was pretty much here take all this junk, and cover up the problem. Never did they offer to get to the root of my pain issues. I have been seeing Dr. Igor for 4 months now, and he has done more for me in a short period of time than any of the previous has in over 10 years. He already has scheduled testing and xrays. To get to the root of the problems. Thank you. Dr. Igor for listening to me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
I have seen several pain management doctors in the Knoxville area and Dr. Smelyansky is the absolute best there is he is cautious in his patient selection which just instilled confidence and trust from the git go. I wouldn't trust another office in this town to manage my pain. The office staff are pleasant and accomodating, anyone stating otherwise is the problem not the staff. I give them 5 stars. The Dr. Saw me on the first visit ajd was astonished on how the other PM Drs had treated me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
It was my first visit.I was very pleased with the Dr. and the staff. My overall visit was EXCELLENT.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
I was not able to communicate with him, in terms of substance. I asked him two questions and he kicked me out of his office, saying he did not have time for me. I was shocked and insulted. So he absolutely will not talk to you. He does not know how to talk to patients, and his problem had nothing to do with his accent. My referring family doctor apologized to me profusely for sending me to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
First kicked me out for not having I'd, after being a pt 14 months I'd. Returned for 1 month and was called in for two hour notice of RANDOM pill count. I informed them I didnt drive and couldn't make it in two hours because I didn't live in their county. They said they had second hand info of an anonymous call saying I was selling my meds. Didn't have the balls to speak to me directly. Coward,treats cash pts better. My brother was cash pt. Would not listen to my side of story, COWARD, sorry dr
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
Transferred from another clinic that did not accept my medicare supplement and found out the supplement doesn't cover the medicare difference in cost. Doctor was rushed on first visit and didn't even examine me,just looked at reports rather than the original MRI films. All paperwork, past history and insurance billing. No hands on care I'm afraid. Staff is pretty nice though.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
After three surgeons and two PCP's, all telling me that I'd been in a difficult job for years and I was experiencing wear and tear, Dr. Smelyansky Took the time to try and find the cause of my pain. He did xrays and found the problem. Then he began to treat my pain effectively. He and his office staff are courteous and responsive and I wouldn't consider going anywhere else. If you have pain, this is the place to be.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
He and his office staff are so compassionate and friendly while still being professional and productive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
After experiencing negative encounters from other clinics, I was wary and prejudiced when I came to Omega Pain Management. M,y concerns were completely without merit. As an RN, I have been on both sides of the stretcher, both provider and patient. Dr. Smelyansky and staff are stellar examples of professionalism. I have never waited after signing in more than a few minutes, never waited for the labwork, and again, prompt attention in the exam room. I 100% recommend Omega and Dr. Smelyansky.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
DR Smelyansky follows the rules. He's caring and offers any relief he can. I'm so happy that I found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
—I couldn't ask for a better doctor. Like someone else said, he treats you like someone needing help instead of a drug adic. Everyone in the office is wonderful. The dr. and everone in the office has my greatest respect.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
Would not bring my worse enemy here! After 3 years of treatment on 10 mg daily of methadone, at a reputable pain management doctor in Atlanta b4 returning to TN, on my 1st visit here this dr pulls me off of it cold turkey because"it is baby dose and I am not methadone clinic" - neither was my other pain doctor! I spent 6 days in withdrawal which I had never experienced and was horribly sick! He says not possible w/such low dose. Gave me rx for 30 pills told me to figure out taper!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
He and his NP already decided before they came into talk to me that they were not going to treat me. They talk loud and have not so thick walls. I was not even given a fair shot at getting to talk.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
For a year I had been stuck on the couch afraid to move because the pain I was experiencing was horrible.The "other" pain clinic never could seem to get my pain under control.If your stuck in a terrible position because of pain,Dr.Smelyansky is your man.I'm no longer crying my eyes out everyday.I'm able to do physically activity for the first time in a year.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?
Dr. Smelyansky does not listen to what you are telling him. Has long list of procedures that he performs,but when ask about having something done says not set up at his office to do them. A couple of nurses in back very rude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Igor Smelyansky, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Smelyansky?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Smelyansky treats patients.

Compare Providers