Dr. Igor Huzicka, MD

Dr. Igor Huzicka, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 43 years old

I believe that I can make a correct diagnosis only by gaining detailed knowledge of my patient's physical health (physical examination, laboratory test, diagnostic imaging) in the context of their personal and professional life (history). Listening to the patient is the cornerstone of the diagnosis.Read more

Personal Bio

I believe in comprehensive disease prevention and diligent management of chronic diseases. I approach every patient with the goal to...Read more

Dr. Huzicka's Experience

See how Dr. Huzicka's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Huzicka

Dr. Huzicka accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Huzicka has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Huzicka's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (43)
Dr. Huzicka Says:

in Parker, CO |
Goodness, Dr. Huzicka seems to think highly of himself. Now he is concierge only. Honestly I would probably stick around but his nurse is snotty who has an attitude problem. Good Luck Dr. H.
in Littleton, CO |
Nice guy, was able to diagnose and treat properly. I am not fond of his staff, his nursing asst is rude and opinionated. Will not be returning.
Fantastic doctor!
in Greenwood Village, CO |
I went in for several visits with the same complaint and unaware I was having a MS relapse and the PA wanted me to see a therapist instead. I ended up in the hospital for a week with a stroke and a relapse. I then received a letter they no longer would treat me and to find another physician which I did. I asked if I could have the labs so the current doctor could compare them, they refused. I am guessing it all came from the PA not Dr. H. She is killing his practice.
in Denver, CO |
In this day in age it is rare to find a doctor that is willing to spend the time needed to help the patient establish a path to health and wellness. Dr. Huzicka is one of the few doctors that will commit his time to you. He has a genuine interest in your condition and his experience allows him to develop a specific tailored treatment plan. If you are looking for a physician that you would like to partner with I would highly recommend Dr. Huzicka.
in Denver, CO |
Extremely unprofessional attitude. Would not recommend to anyone.
in Littleton, CO |
Dr. Huzicka had been our primary care for several years. Then he decided to go to a concierge model where you have to pay lots of money to get his services. The communication from his office was terrible, and when I tried to call for an appointment, the phones rang and rang and I had to leave a message. When I went to the office, there was a sign on the door that said out sick. He called the next day and said we couldn't get in for 2 weeks. We got a certified letter saying we were dropped
Littleton, CO |
Always listens rather than assuming. Treats me with respect that I have some knowledge of what is wrong or of my illness. He seems very learned about alot of various health issues.
Have you seen Dr. Igor Huzicka, MD?
Are you Dr. Huzicka?

Compare Dr. Huzicka

Dr. Huzicka says...

I believe in comprehensive disease prevention and diligent management of chronic diseases. I approach every patient with the goal to find the root cause(s) of their ailment and subsequently offer highly personalized medical care.

I enjoy helping healthy individuals maintain their well-being and prevent disease through education about healthy lifestyle, proper nutrition and exercise. During preventive visits (physicals) we focus on early detection (screening) and prevention of health problems such as atherosclerosis, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis and cancer. I consider sexual and mental health as an integral part of every preventive visit.

Although I can evaluate and treat common ailments, my focus as an Internist is to diagnose and manage complex, or even perplexing medical conditions. I achieve this by formulating an extensive list of possible causes (differential diagnosis) followed by a step-wise evaluation utilizing an extensive array of tests, imaging and consultations with appropriate specialists. Once a diagnosis and treatment plan is made, we follow our patients frequently to accelerate healing and prevent complications.

Regardless of the presenting problem, I strive to empower all my patients to actively participate in the healing process and prevention through extensive education about their condition, treatment options and prognosis. I hope that at each visit my patients gain health wisdom that can be applied for years to come.

Dr. Huzicka's Care Philosophy

Focus on uncommon conditions

Rheumatology, allergy and immunology training

Scientific approach

Dr. Huzicka says...

I appreciate all patient surveys, which I review periodically. Although surveys are anonymous, I can usually identify the patient and the circumstances resulting in a poor score. I always look back and ponder if I or my staff could have done things differently. Sometimes the answer is yes, and we reach out to the patient to apologize and make things right. At other times, however, poor rating is the result of a disconnect between patient expectation and my belief of what constitutes appropriate medical care. I accept that there will be patients who will not like the diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, or simply the way how our office is run. I firmly believe that practicing medicine solely based on patient satisfaction will ultimately cause harm to my patients. I encourage you to read 'The Cost of Satisfation' http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1108766 which provides a different perspective of survey scores.

Dr. Huzicka's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Cardiology, Family Practice, Internal Medicine and Preventive Medicine

Dr. Huzicka has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Huzicka's Board Certifications

• Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Diabetes Mellitus, Secondary

Charles University / Faculty Of Medicine In Prague

Graduated in 1997

• Czech
  • Slovak

Dr. Huzicka does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Huzicka and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Medicine

• Primary Care for Adolescents
  • Spirometry
  • Urinalysis

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.