Dr. Igor Huzicka, MD

Dr. Igor Huzicka, MD

Internal Medicine  ·
Dr. Igor Huzicka, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Englewood, CO and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from Charles University 1st Faculty Of Medicine in 1997 and specializes in internal medicine, diabetes medicine, and more.Read his story

125 Inverness Dr E Ste 330

Englewood, CO 80112

• Cofinity
  • Golden Rule
  • Guardian

Learn about Dr. Huzicka

Dr. Huzicka's Experience

Dr. Huzicka's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Cardiology, Family Practice, Internal Medicine and Preventive Medicine

Dr. Huzicka's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Huzicka "I believe in comprehensive disease prevention and diligent management of chronic diseases. I approach every patient with the goal to find the root cause(s) of their ailment and subsequently offer highly personalized medical care. I enjoy helping healthy individuals maintain their well-being and prevent disease through education about healthy lifestyle, proper nutrition and exercise. During preventive visits (physicals) we focus on early detection (screening) and prevention of health problems such as atherosclerosis, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis and cancer. I consider sexual and mental health as an integral part of every preventive visit. Although I can evaluate and treat common ailments, my focus as an Internist is to diagnose and manage complex, or even perplexing medical conditions. I achieve this by formulating an extensive list of possible causes (differential diagnosis) followed by a step-wise evaluation utilizing an extensive array of tests, imaging and consultations with appropriate specialists. Once a diagnosis and treatment plan is made, we follow our patients frequently to accelerate healing and prevent complications. Regardless of the presenting problem, I strive to empower all my patients to actively participate in the healing process and prevention through extensive education about their condition, treatment options and prognosis. I hope that at each visit my patients gain health wisdom that can be applied for years to come."

This content was provided by Dr. Huzicka "I believe that I can make a correct diagnosis only by gaining detailed knowledge of my patient's physical health (physical examination, laboratory test, diagnostic imaging) in the context of their personal and professional life (history). Listening to the patient is the cornerstone of the diagnosis."

• Adult Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Preventive Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Preventive Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Charles University / Faculty of Medicine in Prague
  • Allegheny General Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Weill Med College Of Cornell Universitty
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Huzicka has no media or publications listed.

• Czech
  • Slovak

Dr. Huzicka does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Huzicka and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Huzicka's Reviews

3.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Huzicka to family and friends

Dr. Huzicka's Performance

Dr. Huzicka Says:
"

I appreciate all patient surveys, which I review periodically. Although surveys are anonymous, I can usually identify the patient and the circumstances resulting in a poor score. I always look back and ponder if I or my staff could have done things differently. Sometimes the answer is yes, and we reach out to the patient to apologize and make things right. At other times, however, poor rating is the result of a disconnect between

...

I am an internal medicine physician, and I chose and stuck with Dr. Huzicka. He is almost immediately available, always professional, quick-witted and good-natured, and makes treatment plans that take my non-medical concerns into account. I trust Dr. Huzicka.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. H has turned out to be what I was looking for in a doctor. I retired from San Diego 3 1/2 yrs ago. I had not established a primary doctor in Colo. Started with Dr. H in July 2017 and I had two visits with him since, He is excellent; spends time listening and engaging me into my health...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Goodness, Dr. Huzicka seems to think highly of himself. Now he is concierge only. Honestly I would probably stick around but his nurse is snotty who has an attitude problem. Good Luck Dr. H.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Nice guy, was able to diagnose and treat properly. I am not fond of his staff, his nursing asst is rude and opinionated. Will not be returning.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0