Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 51

Dr. Arene
Telehealth services available
10130 Louetta Rd Ste E Houston, TX 77070

Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Houston, TX. She is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Arene to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Arene's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Arene's Top Procedures and Conditions

Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Arene treats Major Depressive Disorder more than 96% of her peers

Dr. Arene treats this condition more than 96% of her peers

Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Arene treats Psychosis Due to Mental Illness more than 95% of her peers

Dr. Arene treats this condition more than 95% of her peers

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
high
high

Dr. Arene performs Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) more than 92% of her peers

Dr. Arene performs this procedure more than 92% of her peers

Dr. Arene's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Arene accepts

Dr. Arene accepts the following insurance:

American Republic

Dr. Arene's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Arene

2.9

Dr. Arene

Dr. Arene, your office staff don't know what they're doing and they are harming your business and your reputation. Your clinic is having a technology problem with YOUR merchant card services partner. You. Not your patients. And telling your patients that "Mastercard is having a problem" and that you can't process co-pays from HALF OF ALL U.S. cardholders is not option. Telling your patients who have appointments (online appointments for that matter, who aren't even remotely near your offices) that the ONLY solution is for them to leave their work or childcare to PHYSICALLY DRIVE A $30 CO-PAYMENT over to your office in person in the middle of the day (over a 90-minute round trip) is not an option. It isn't 1975. Your rude office manager had ZERO ideas of how to resolve your card processor problem and is actually telling your patients to "call around to friends and family" to find someone with a VISA debit card so that they can make the $30 co-payment for the patient over the
Cameron Dickey – Aug 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
I did 1 visit with tms I did ones but they charged me 10 times in advanced,I still disputing my case for $366.42 cents Be carful if you doing that treatment and it is not good for your brain to tapping your brein for 36 sessions Be careful before you sign something for that treatment because you gonna be surprised with your bill
Marco Martinez – Jan 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
The staff does not have a clear definition of the scope of their responsibilities. They are unprofessional and have given answers to questions that should ONLY be answered by a qualified provider. It is most certainly time consuming and irritating when trying to communicate with your provider. In conclusion the office staff do not have the education providers have and should not be giving information they are not qualified to give. They need to be versed on the proper etiquette when interacting with patients.
Nov 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
Please don’t waste your time. Very unprofessional staff and I didn’t even get to see the doctor. I called 3 weeks ago as a new patient and it took me this long to glacé them call me 4 days before my appointment to say the doctor had a death in the family and can’t see me til the 12th. I try to support black business and people why we don’t support each other and this is why. Black folks don’t know how to run a proper establishment. This office is a prime example. The office manager interrupted me as I was talking and rudely hung up on me. When I called back to go ahead and take the appointment I was refused the appointment. We can’t support each if you don’t let us. Stay away. Find another doctor. No one should be treated with such disrespect. And again I haven’t even meet the doctor. These are people that work for her so hopefully she’s not the same way but I’ll never know. Reviewing some of these comments tho she probably ain’t worth the effort. Find another doctor to see. One who ca
Tamara Harris – May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
Had an appointment for my two children that we are adopting with Dr. Arene this morning. The kids have been using her for a while now. After the hour drive from our house to the office, the lady at the desk informs us that the kids are no longer in network. When asked why the office did not even bother to call and let us to let us know, I was told that they called the previous caretaker of the children. I might be able to understand this, but not only did they update all of our info (name, and numbers) last time we were there with the kids, but I also spoke to the previous caretaker and was informed that they did not call her either. Not to mention, the Dr. was not even in town.
Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
Staff is horrible do not go they badmouth patients right in front of you
May 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
She just signs off on the same meds without adjusting for issues. I have been married to my husband for 43 years and his caretaker for over 30 years and he told her a lie about me so she let him know she doubted me. Now he feels he can do what he wants. When dealing with someone with mental issues, the caretaker and the doctor must be a team, not adversaries. The result...my husband ended up hospitalized very very ill.
Mar 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
Dr. Arene is very professional and competent. She also is very friendly and it is obvious she cares about her patients. I would highly recommend her.
Mar 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
Unfortunately this office does not listen to what services are requested. No one in the front knows what's going on. They just say yes they can provide the service even when its later confirmed that they do not. Furthermore they refuse to refund your money when the needed service is not provided. Fraud is a strong word; however, I feel I have been defrauded out of a significant amount of money. AND it has not helped my son in any way. Very disappointed. I am not sure how you expect repeat
Tomball, TX – Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
SHORT VERSION: Dr. Arene is unethical and greedy. She will ask new patients to submit to a urinalysis test, AND a blood test, ostensibly for their own good. Then the “independent lab” that does the testing will charge you like $5,000 or so! Here’s the kicker: Dr. Arene is part owner of this “independent lab”, and stands to make a profit! LONGER VERSION: My advice would be to see the above, and ask yourself, “Do I already know if I am addicted to meth or coke or pot or pain pills? Etc."
Hu – Jun 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
Dr. Arene was easy to speak with, although I was attempting to condense all my issue due to the limitations of time she understood my demeanor. I was very surprised at the fee that was required as my fee for other specialist MD's are not as exstravagant nor do I have to pay additional fees when they use of diagnostic equipment need for my evaluation but, that is something I will have to address with my carrier.
May 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
Easy scheduling, corteus staff. Caring assistents. Plenty time to ask questions. Excellent results of my three children.
Picky Patient in Houston Tx – Jan 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
I love LOVE Dr. Arene, and I FEEL terrible leaving her a bad review for her staff... However, I had a phone appointment at 9 AM. I called at 9:07 am to make sure I didn't miss a call or mess up the time. The staff member said in a NASTY tone, IT IS ONLY 9:05!!!! Um, not it's not but what ever. I said okay I was making sure I was on the list and didn't mess up the time... "YES SHE WILL CALL YOU SHORTLY". Disconnected. Here I am 9:40 AM and no call. I don't trust they even made the appt!
  • Long wait times
Houston – Dec 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
I took my daughter here for a mental health evaluation this morning and am disgusted at the employee's attitude. I was told my appointment would be about $12 but it ended up being $60 because the office manager didn't tell me the first appointment was $350! I expressed my confusion to the woman at the front desk and she didn't seem to care and didn't offer any explanation. When I expressed my confusion about that, she proceeded to tell me, with extreme attitude, that she planned on telling the
Caitlin in Tomball – Oct 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
Dr arene was very nice and understanding. She didn't just write me a prescription and send me out the door. She really seems to have a genuine interest in helping her patients in the best way that she can.
Katy, TX – May 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
She listens , she is thoughtful, she is compassionate, she helps you be the best person you can be without making you feel "intimidated".
Eva Ashford Mitchell in Houston, TX – Nov 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
I like Dr. Arene, but her office is a mess. Appoints area fumbled, refills are NEVER called in, even after repeated attempts. I would have liked to continue taking my daughter to her, but when I call in a refill and after two weeks it's STILL not been sent to the pharmacy (after numerous calls on my part, and being told by front desk that they "couldn't give me a time frame" as to when she might get around to it), I had to leave.
  • Long wait times
OJD in Houston, TX – Aug 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?
I absolutely love Dr. Arene and her staff. I have been going to her practice for several years and have had nothing but good things to say about the care that I receive. Dr. Arene is passionate and caring and she listens to her patients. Again, I love Dr. Arene and would recommend her to anyone needing help.
S. H. in Cypress,TX – Jan 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ifeoma Arene, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Arene?
Provider explaining information to patient