Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Ian Whitney, MD
Dr. Ian Whitney, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Whitney is affiliated with Metropolitan Methodist Hospital and Southwest General Hospital.

540 Madison Oak Dr Ste 350

San Antonio, TX 78258

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Whitney

Dr. Whitney's Experience

Dr. Whitney's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Whitney does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Fracture
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Bone Cancer
  • Broken Arm
  • Hip Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Rotator Cuff Tear

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hip Replacement

• Tx a & M Univ Sys Hsc Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2009

Dr. Whitney has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Whitney has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Whitney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Whitney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Whitney's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Whitney to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Whitney's Performance
San Antonio, TX |
Just had my surgery done last week. After years of seeing other surgeons and having pain/issues after multiple surgeries I got in to see Dr.Whitney. He was more thorough with his questions and advice to me than anyone has ever been. He and I worked together to figure out the best choice for me. I am so glad I had my surgery redone by him. I haven't needed any pain meds and have never felt better. I wish I found him sooner. He is the best doctor I could have asked for. Recommend him to all.
in Seguin TX |
Dr. Whitney has performed surgery on my shoulder and on my wrist. I could not be more ecstatic with the results. Not only am I a lot better, I had very little to know pain after both of the surgeries. He took a great deal of time explain to me what you would do with both surgeries, and I was very comfortable going under surgery with his skills. I would highly recommend dr. Whitney for any orthopedic surgery that you may need. I am very happy!
in San Antonio, TX |
I had a full knee replacement by Dr. Ian Whitney a couple months back. He answered all my questions (and I had many) and then scheduled my surgery. On surgery day, he came in and talked with me and then asked if he could pray for me and the surgery. Wow - who does that? This is the first surgeon I know that does. He is an excellent surgeon and if I need anything else done, I will be calling Dr. Whitney. I forgot to mention, I'm walking great and pain free. Amazing man and highly recommend.
in San Antonio, TX |
I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Whitney! I was referred to him by a friend for foot pain. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of his office and the professionalism of his staff. Dr. Whitney was extrememy knowledgeable and informative. I could tell he really cared about me and was eager to help without going straight to surgery. His recommendations for easing my pain were spot on and I can honestly say that I'm pain free for the first time in years! I highly recommend him!!!
in Fredericksburg, TX |
I found Dr. Whitney condescending, as he talks over me as I ask questions pertaining to my treatment. When I continued to ask questions, he still ignored my questions, spoke to me in an ill manner and has a very poor bed side manner. I was also displeased with how little time he spent with me as I was trying to explain to him my history, which he clearly was uninterested. I was fortunate that I decided AGAINST his plan of treatment, since he clearly had no interest in my concerns.
San Antonio, TX |
This month (March) Dr. Whitney preformed a knee replacement on me & I could not have asked for a better physician. At my first visit he answered all my questions before I actually asked them which reduced my anxiety of having the surgery. On the day day of surgery, he came in to speak to me & my family, once he answered everyone's questions, he stated he wanted to pray. OMG, this made me feel so happy & blessed that he was asking God not only to help me but to help him as well. Awesome Dr.
in San Antonio, TX |
In January of this year 2017, I had my left hip joint replaced by Dr Whitney. I had looked into the anterior method or the conventional lateral hip entry method of replacement. Dr Whitney performed the lateral approach hip replacement procedure for me on my left hip. I stayed overnight at the Nix hospital and went home here in San Antonio that same day. I started on a walked the next day at home. The experience now after 2 months has been wonderful. Dr Whitney is skilled and totally caring.
New Braunfels, TX |
I am not one to write a review, but Dr.Whitney touched my heart in a way I can't deny. He not only did an outstanding job on my surgery but PRAYED with me. He sat there and prayed with me. It took my breath away, what surgeon has time to do that or even cares? I asked him why? He said, because everyone needs love and needs to know God loves them and is with them even when they can't see or feel him. I was so impressed and doing so well I had to share what a remarkable man he is! Thank you Dr. W!
in San Antonio, TX |
As a patient of Dr Whitney, I thought he was caring and competent. I had particular trouble with his staff. From receptionist to Kelly, the surgical coordinator and the medical records department. Very incompetent and unresponsive. Multiple calls with promises to be called back and the only call I got was at 5:30 pm on Friday with a promise to be available on Monday. Again received a promise for a call back from Kelly on Monday. It is Monday one week later and still no one called back.
in Pleasanton tx |
Dr Ian Whitney is probably one of the most caring, engaged Dr I have ever met. He replaced a knee and repaired a broken femur on my mother in law. 7 weeks later she is up and walking and pain free. Did I mention she is 81 years old. He was kind and took his time explaining the procedure to her and us.
San Antonio, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Whitney to all my family and friends. I've seen several orthopedic surgeons and feel that he is the most competent and caring one I've dealt with. Very knowledgable and very kind. Him and his office made me feel very comfortable and welcomed. I went to him because of a prior surgeon's mistake and he was able to correct it and alleviate my pain after the failed procedure and many years of suffering. Hands down my recommendation for orthopedic needs.
San Antonio, Texas |
Dr.Whitney spent a large amount of time with me and explained what was going on. He took care of my pain and helped me work on stretches to do at home before I started PT. I had surgery a few weeks later and never felt better. I highly recommend Dr. Whitney to anyone. He is conservative and doesn't jump into operating right away which I loved.
Canyon Lake |
I liked his conservative treat plan, but he made no allowance for managing pain or physical therapy until a second scheduled appointment 6 weeks later. I felt very rushed through my appointment, waiting room was so crowded a few peple were actually standing. It is also not possible to actually call the location I visited. You have to call a central location that cannot connect you to the other.
Have you seen Dr. Ian Whitney, MD?
Are you Dr. Whitney?