Dr. Ian Martinez, MD

Dr. Ian Martinez, MD

GastroenterologyMaleAge 41

Gastroenterology

Dr. Ian Martinez, MD is a Gastroenterology Specialist in Oviedo, FL. Dr. Martinez has extensive experience in Pancreatic Disease, Esophageal Disorders, and Gastrointestinal Disorders. He is affiliated with medical facilities Oviedo Medical Center and UCF Lake Nona Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Gastroenterology Services

Gastroenterology Services2572 W State Road 426 Ste 1000 Oviedo, FL 32765

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with Oviedo Medical Center Oviedo, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

More Gastroenterology Specialists at Oviedo Medical Center

Dr. Martinez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Martinez

3.8

Excellent Gastro!
I cannot be more grateful of Dr. Martinez. We visited few doctors looking for answers about my son"s stomach pain. No one wanted to do a Colonoscopy except for Martinez. And for our surprise my son had a non-cancerous polyp. It was blessed that he caught it on time. No more pain. He is the BEST, knowledgeable and take time to explain everything. Friendly staff.
Evelinda Andujar – Jul 07, 2022
The invisible Doctor
I made an appointment for a consultation with Dr. Martinez on the advice of my cardiologist. When I arrived I was interviewed by an assistant who set an appointment for a upper endoscopy and lower colonoscopy.. I had no examination, never saw the doctor and not given any treatment for the pain I was having in my stomach. I had to wait 6 weeks for an appointment and when I finally arrived for the procedure in the OR I saw Dr Martinez for the first time just I was about to be sedated. It was at this moment I tried to discuss my symptoms for the first time. Before I knew it I was sedated and the next thing I knew I was finished and ready to be rolled out to my daughter’s car. At my follow up appointment I again saw the same assistant who tried very poorly to explain the findings, again never seeing the doctor who performed the procedure. As a retired surgeon myself I have never encountered this type of unprofessional conduct, during my entire medical career I have never treated my patien
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Kemel M Gajraj M.D. – Jun 26, 2022
Incompetent Office Personnel
Don't waste your time going to see this doctor. My wife was supposedly scheduled to have a colonoscopy done. Spent the entire previous day fasting, drinking that bad tasting laxative, and half the day in the john. When we show up at the center for the colonoscopy, they have no record of anything! Apparently this doctor's office never made the appointment. Said she would have to come back another day. Yeah, right! What a bunch of incompetents.
David Braverman – Jun 01, 2022
Wasted My Time Completely
Don't waste your time going to see this doctor. I was supposedly scheduled to have a colonoscopy done. Spent the entire previous day fasting, drinking that bad tasting laxative, and half the day in the john. When I show up at the center for the colonoscopy, they have no record of anything! Apparently this doctor's office never made the appointment. Said I would have to come back another day. Yeah, right! What a bunch of incompetents.
Elena – May 31, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Martinez, MD?
My father was admitted to the hospital and Doctor Martinez was assigned to him , I’m very skeptical about Doctors from prior issues that I had for myself. But Mr Martinez took the time to answer questions and concerns that I had about my Father always keeping me updated I told him that I will be making an appointment for myself . And for me to say something like that must mean a lot Thanks again Doctor Martinez
Luis – Dec 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Martinez, MD?
I had an endoscopy/colonoscopy done by Dr. Martinez. He was fabulous! Professional, funny, personable, in short, the epitome of a health care professional. I couldn't be happier. He was thorough with his explanations of everything pre and post procedure. I can't say enough good things about my experience.
FMH – Jan 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Martinez, MD?
After Two days of severe pain I knew I needed to see a gastroenterologist. When I called Dr Martinez office the receptionist asked specific questions and although he was also booked up, squeezed me in within 2 hours. arrived very sick, severe pain. He saw me immediately. arrange a cat scan. Within 2 hrs I was in Hosp for total bowel obstruction. He consulted with several other MDs, had emergency surgery, the next week did endoscopy, referred me for 2nd more complicated op to fix Damage,gb
Zenobia in Orlando, FL – Jun 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Martinez, MD?
After Two days of severe pain I knew I needed to see a gastroenterologist. Asked friends for referrals, Made calls and the first three doctors couldn't see me for weeks. When I called Dr Martinez office the receptionist asked specific questions and although he was also booked up, squeezed me in within 2 hours. I arrived very sick, in severe pain carrying my vomit bucket. He saw me right away, moved heaven and earth to arrange an immidiate cat scan. He checked up on cat scan within minut
Carol in Orlando – Jun 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Martinez, MD?
Dr. Martinez is the most professional, thorough, responsive, and caring doctor I have ever had. He always responds very quickly and personally. Yes, he actually calls you back, not the office folks. And when he does call, he always takes the time to find out what the problem is and then advises on what you should do. While he was out of town at a conference, he still found time to call me personally and get a status update when I was having trouble. Dr. Martinez is by far the best!
Kaitlynn in Coral Springs – May 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Martinez, MD?
I highly recommend Dr Martinez. He is a great listener and took the time to go over all of my symptoms, medical history and procedure. He is very knowledgeable and discussed fully all prescribed medications and dosages. He is very thorough and friendly and moved quickly to get me in remission. His staff is the best I have come across in decades of dealing with UC. Robert Oviedo
Robert in Oviedo, FL – Oct 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ian Martinez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Martinez?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Martinez

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Martinez treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Martinez treats other conditions, please contact the office at (407) 478-0882.

Pancreatic Disease

Pancreatic disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the pancreas, such as pancraetitis.Compare with other Pancreatic Disease specialists.

Dr. Martinez is experienced in the area of Pancreatic Disease. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 1 condition or procedure

Pancreatitis

Esophageal Disorders

Esophageal disorder specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the esophagus, such as reflux esophagitis, indigestion, and esophageal ulcers through procedures including medication, surgery, and swallowing therapy.Compare with other Esophageal Disorders specialists.

Dr. Martinez is experienced in the area of Esophageal Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 19 conditions and procedures

Nausea
Esophagitis
Reflux Esophagitis
Dysphagia

Gastrointestinal Disorders

Gastrointestinal disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that affect the gastrointestinal tract, including Crohn's disease, ulcers, hernias, and food poisoning.Compare with other Gastrointestinal Disorders specialists.

Dr. Martinez is experienced in the area of Gastrointestinal Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 52 conditions and procedures

• Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Eosinophilic Esophagitis
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Esophageal Achalasia and Cardiospasm
  • Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders
  • Wireless pH Testing

Dr. Martinez accepts

Dr. Martinez accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO