Dr. Ian Madom, MD

Dr. Ian Madom, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Nikhil Thakur, MD 6620 Fly Rd Ste 200, East Syracuse, NY 13057 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Madom specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in East Syracuse, NY. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Madom? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Madom's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Madom's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Madom

Dr. Madom accepts 12 insurance carriers

12 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Madom has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Madom

Dr. Madom's Review Details
4.6 based on 31 responses
Experience with Dr. Madom
Dr. Madom's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (28)
in Liverpool, NY |
Dr.Madom preformed a vary successful ACDF,c5,6and 7 on my neck.I couldn't even stand up straight before the surgery.Right after the surgery,all my syndromes are gone including my carbon tunnelsyndrome. Less than 2weeks, I was on a 7days cruise to Bermuda. I had a great vacation. I'm going back to work tomorrow 3weeks after my surgery. I have 2 co-workers had the same surgery, both stayed home for 5 months and still couping from thier surgeries. I'm vary fortunated to have Dr.Madom as my surgeon.
in Utica, NY |
I was referred to Dr. Madom by my most respected GYN doctor. I was confident in pursuing Dr. Madom for help with back & leg pain. He was efficient in identifying & explaining the extent of my problem. I chose surgery fully aware of the risk & complications, as well as benefit. My surgery and post-op care passed with ease. I am happy to be pain free and back to all my normal activities. I can not praise Dr. Madom enough for his surgical expertise & excellent bed side manner. Many thanks!
in Camillus, NY |
Can't say enough good things about Dr. Madom. I presented with an acute problem, was seen promptly and scheduled for surgery promptly. The improvement in my very severe symptoms was immediate after surgery and after one year I have completely recovered. Dr. Madom is a very skilled physician, extremely pleasant and explains everything very clearly. I would, without hesitation, recommend him to family and friends.
in Syracuse, NY |
Before I saw Dr. Madom, I could hardly walk the distance of my sort driveway and was experiencing chronic low back pain.. Dr. Madom was warm, friendly, extremely knowledgeable and very honest. He didn't jump into recommending surgery. In fact he told me all the possible negatives of having a major back operation and suggested that I think about it for a week and then call him back with my decision. I opted for the surgery and it has given me back my life. He's a very excellent surgeon!!
in Syracuse, NY |
I went to Dr. Madom for a second opinion on a possible spine surgery. My experience with him was the complete opposite from the original surgeon. Dr. Madom is very approachable, never rushed through any of my appointments, and always answered all of my questions. On my surgery day, he saw me pre-op, post-op, and came twice to my hospital room to check on my progress all within 24 hours. I highly recommend all patients get a second opinion, and I highly recommend Dr Madom.
in Cicero, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Modom's for over two years with varying ailments caused by arthritis. Last year Dr. Modom performed a highly successful spinal fusion surgery to correct numbness in both hands and I am currently under his care and supervision for a lower spine condition. Dr.Modom has consistently demonstrated to me that he is a highly qualified, caring medical professional who places quality patient care at the forefront of his practice. I would highly recommend Dr. Modom to anyone.
in Oswego, NY |
My initial visit was an experience of the unknown for my understanding of my medical condition. Dr. Madom was very kind in his comportment to me and very clear as to what my diagnosis could be. I was then scheduled to have several tests and he acted quickly and specifically with what the tests showed. I have the utmost confidence in his ability and have been very pleased with his expertise. Dr. Madom performed surgery on my spine to remove cancer. Dr. Madom is an exceptional Orthopedist!
in Syracuse |
Dr. Madom is an amazing surgeon. I had spine surgery and I could not have asked for a better Dr. Dr. Madom explained all of my options and steps in the procedure he recommended. My surgery went exactly as planned. Dr. Madom spent a great deal of time answering all of my questions. I never felt like he was rushing to his next patient. Dr. Madom and his staff are exemplary.
in Syracuse, NY |
Dr. Madom is an amazing Surgeon. I had spine surgery .My entire experience was excellent. Dr Madom took a great deal of time explaining options and procedures. When I was in his office I never felt like he was rushing to his next partient. Dr. Madom was patient with all of my questions , and visited me daily at the hospital to check on my progress. I would recommend anyone who has a spine issue to go and see Dr. Madom. You will be very impressed with him and his entire staff.
in Jordan, NY |
I went to see Dr. Ian Madom in August of 2015 after years of chronic leg pain. He listened to my symptoms, ran tests and found what other doctors missed, which was a spinal compression. Within 10 days, I had surgery to fix the issue and it changed my life. Because of Dr. Madom, I have my quality of life back and am able to enjoy time with my grandchildren, pain free! He is patient, kind, and very thorough in explaining steps A to Z. I could not be happier with my surgical results.
in Delhi, NY |
Due to a fall in October 2015 my neck was broken, displaced and had paralysis of my left arm. Was scheduled for surgery the very next day after my initial appt. Dr. Madom, the staff at his office and Crouse Hospital were very professional and caring. The surgery went very well. With physical therapy and determination I have full use of my arm again and will be back to work soon.
in New York, NY |
I have known Dr. Madom since 1999 and can speak very highly to his character and confidence. As a fellow physician I have referred numerous patients to his care for a host of spinal pathologies and have been impressed by his conservative and patient approach. As a patient, I could not have received better care. I herniated my L5-S1 disc and went from an inability to stand upright for 6 weeks to walking 2 hours post-operatively. My recovery has been nothing short of excellent. Thank you Ian!
in Baldwinsville, NY |
Dr. Madom and his staff have been absolutely top notch with my care and how they treat me as a person. I met Dr. Madom after going through the ER with a burst fracture to my C7 vertebrae and a spinal cord injury, I was unable to walk. He got me into surgery quickly and after a week I started to walk a little with a walker... I owe this to Dr Madom and his team. My family was prepared for the fact that I may never walk again. I'm now back to work, walking well, driving, etc. Thank you Dr!!
in Camillus, NY |
Dr. Madom is a caring and compassionate doctor. I did extensive research on him and my procedures. He came highly recommended. He performed neck and back surgery on me. Both surgeries were extremely successful. He took the time to talk to me, and explained thoroughly all the risks involved. He never pushed me to have surgery, and held my hand like he was family through the entire process. I trust him immensely and continue to recommend him and his practice to everyone I know.
in Syracuse, NY |
Love, Love, Love Dr Madom. Very caring. Very attentive. Was willing go the extra mile through out my multiple surgeries. One of the few doctors I have that will call me back himself if I have a concern. Always willing to make an appointment for me if I had any concerns or questions. I healed well from all three of my surgeries and was able to return to ahead of schedule.I am very happy that he was my surgeon - I don't believe there is a better back surgeon in our area.
in Liverpool, NY |
I had spine surgery in November, 2011 by Dr. Madom at Crouse Hospital I was told that after the surgery, I would be hospitalized for three days to recover. Well, I was hospitalized for 60 days. I came out of the surgery totally paralyzed. 2North at Upstate had to teach me how to walk and eat all over again. I blame Dr Madom because during the surgery he had left 160 cc's of fluid on my spine. I tried to sue but my medical diagnosis was Bad Luck. My shoulders are still paralyzed. Still payiing
Have you seen Dr. Ian Madom, MD?
Are you Dr. Ian Madom, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Madom

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Hip Replacement
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

No malpractice history found for New York.

SUNY Upstate Med Univ

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Madom has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Madom does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Madom and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Madom's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Madom

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Madom's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Madom

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients