Dr. Ian Dickey, MD

Dr. Ian Dickey, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Ian Dickey, MD, is an orthopedic oncologist at Colorado Limb Consultants. Originally from Vancouver, he received his medical degree from the University of British Columbia and completed an internship and residency in orthopedics at McGill University, followed by a fellowship in adult reconstruction and musculoskeletal oncology at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. Dr. Dickey is an active member of the Canadian Orthopaedic Association, the Musculoskeletal Tumor Society, the New England Orthopaedic Society and the Maine State Society of Orthopaedics. Dr. Dickey is involved in academics and invested in training the next generation of physicians. He has taught courses in biological engineering at the University of Maine, where he also received an honorary engineering degree in 2006. He also served as the chair of the External Advisory Board (EAB) for the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and Engineering for the state of Maine and the chair of the EAB for the Bioengineering Undergraduate program at the University of Maine. Dr. Dickey is active in industry and research collaboration, working in a research and consultancy role with Wright Medical, Conformis Inc., Stryker, Angiotech, Ferring, Zimmer, Corin and Sanofi-Aventis. He has participated in the Stryker Tritanium Shell Study and the Conformis Inc. CR and PS CT/3D Printed TKR Studies and the validation of the Corin OPS. He also maintains a collaborative laboratory looking at in-vitro and in-vivo models of tissue attachment in highly porous foam material and additive manufacturing. In order to give back to the medical community, Dr. Dickey founded and runs the Chords for Cures initiative. The nonprofit organization has raised more than $350,000 in seven years to help children with cancer. Outside of medicine, Ian enjoys boating, skiing, snowmobiling and playing guitar.

Colorado Limb Consultants

1601 E 19th Ave Ste 3300

Denver, CO 80218

• Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Dickey

Video

Dr. Dickey's Experience

Dr. Dickey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University of British Columbia
  • McGill University / Faculty of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Mayo Clin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Dickey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dickey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dickey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Dickey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dickey to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Dickey's Performance
I met Dr Dickey for the first time yesterday. He is very friendly and explained everything to me in a way that I could understand. His PA and his nurse are very sweet and attentive. I will certainly recommend Dr Dickey to whom ever asks for my opinion of him.
Denver, CO |
Dr. Dickey was very timely and thorough during my entire experience. I would recommend Dr Dickey.
Denver, CO |
A very bright and funny MD who knows his stuff. A very caring Dr.
Informative
in Telluride, CO |
I've had continual knee pain for over 10 years. I set up a meeting with Dr. Dickey after seeing the CBS evening news on 3 dimensional knee replacements. The fact that the healing time was less, after the replacement, really interested me. When we met he showed me a 3-D knee - and pointed out that it is not a symmetrical part of the body. He suggested doing a shot in the knee - since it would be the logical next step for me. I had him shoot me, and my knee feels better then it has in years.
Denver, CO |
Dr. Dickey went above and beyond in getting me treated for a serious fibula rod insertion, I had a great outcome and loved his bedside manner
Greenville, ME |
I would not recommend Dr. Dickey, He did a complete knee replacement on me. I had in home nurses came to my home. After a few weeks my nurse immediately had me go see my primary care to look at it. I was diagnosed with an infection in the incision, my doctor called down to Dr. Dickey's office and explained what was going on, He never called her back. She started me on a antibiotics immediately. Dr. Dickey finally saw me a week later, and tried to say I never even had infection. Which was Bull !!
We are sorry to hear this and value your feedback. Please call our practice manager, Kara, at 303-928-8811 so we can learn more.
Was scheduled for surgery and received a call for a reschedule. Was then called back a week before surgery and was told he was no longer with the practice. I as an adult have to take care of my responsibilities in my workplace,if this doctor is to hold responsibility then he should have done the scheduled surgeries and no longer taken new patients. Instead there are now a number of patients that have their life on hold and no responsibility toward this man
Have you seen Dr. Ian Dickey, MD?

Visit Dr. Dickey