Dr. Husam Alkhersam, MD

Dr. Husam Alkhersam, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Husam Alkhersam, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Bedford, TX. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

1604 Hospital Pkwy Ste 200

Bedford, TX 76022

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Alkhersam

See how frequently Dr. Alkhersam performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
high

Dr. Alkhersam's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Alkhersam "Husam Alkersam, M.D. practices at Neurology Specialist of North Texas.  Services include Adult Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology and Electrodiagnostics Medicine including EMG/NCV, EEG and seizure monitoring"

• Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• Oklahoma University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University Tex Sw
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Alkhersam has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Alkhersam does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alkhersam and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Alkhersam's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alkhersam to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Alkhersam's Performance
in Dallas, TX |
I am most grateful to Dr Alkersam & his efficient & caring staff! I was misdiagnosed for 5 years, by 3 other Neurologist, that didn't listen. It was Dr Alkersam who took my first MRI & said advised we needed to get a current MRI as it was a brain tumor. He did a thorough work up including an EEG. He immediately got me into UTSW. When I had issues at UTSW it was Dr Alkersam that intervened. He is so easy to communicate with & is compassionate he took the time to explain so I would understand.
Grand Prairie, TX |
I'm leaving a two star due to his office staff. They do not call back on time to set up an appointment. I have PPO and was told I need to bring a referral which isn't required when you have PPO. I asked if I need to fax my labs and was told I didn't, but the Dr asked for them. Next day I called the office to see if the doctor was under my insurance and was told if he wasn't they would've let me know but they can still check and call me. According to this website he's not under my insurance!!
in Arlington, TX |
His office staff is awful! I've talked to Cheryl a few times and found out that not only had the doctor's request for a procedure requiring insurance approval first been ignored for over 6 weeks (while I am in pain daily), but she informed me that they are "way way way behind on entering information." I let her know that I was switching doctors and not to submit anything for approval. She almost seemed happy that she didn't have to do her job further! Much more I need to say, but no more room.
Hello - I am sorry to hear about your negative experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and would like to discuss the matter further with you. If you could please send your contact information to paytonkaplan@texashealth.org that would be helpful. Thank you again for your review, Payton
in Grapevine, TX |
I was referred by my PCP to their office and was told to contact them if I haven't heard from them in a week. I didn't so I called and was told my the receptionist she would have to take a message and someone would call back. Finally today...3 weeks after leaving the message I received a call to schedule. Told her I had already schedule and been seen by another physician and she could have cared less. Good thing it wasn't an urgent matter
in Irving, TX |
Tried to enter this earlier but it closed before I could finish. Short waiting time in comfortable waiting room. Cheryl, the medical assistant is fantastic: efficient, professional, but empathetic. Dr. Alkhersam needs an easier name to spell, but everything else is great. He listens and takes everything into consideration. He respects patient input and explains the treatment plan. Also appreciate that he doesn't start out at ground zero with med, but carefully considers the medication changes
in Arlington, Texas |
It took us 6 weeks to get my husband's FMLA and Short Term Disability forms back. They almost cancelled his benefits due to the wait! Too much wrong with him and his staff to list here. Just save yourself a headache and go somewhere else.
in North Richland Hills, TX |
Dr. Alkhersam is a highly competent, caring physician. He examined me thoroughly and determined that I didn't need the EMG that my family doctor thought might be necessary. His nurse, Cheryl, was equally thorough in helping me. She apologized for the time it took for her to enter all the information from my patient forms into the computer. She wanted me to know that she wasn't ignoring me while we waited 10 minutes for Dr. Alkhersam to finish with another patient. My wife liked Cheryl too.
Have you seen Dr. Husam Alkhersam, MD?

Visit Dr. Alkhersam