Dr. Husam Alkhersam, MD

Dr. Alkhersam
Telehealth services available

Neurology Specialists of North Texas

1604 Hospital Pkwy Ste 200 Bedford, TX 76022

Dr. Husam Alkhersam, MD is a Clinical Neurophysiologist in Bedford, TX. He is affiliated with Texas Health Heb. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Alkhersam to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Neurophysiologists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Alkhersam's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Myopathic Gait
  • Scissoring Gait
  • Spastic Gait
  • Steepage Gait
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)

Dr. Alkhersam treats Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Alkhersam treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Tremor

Dr. Alkhersam treats Tremor more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Alkhersam treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Asterixis (Flapping Tremor)
  • Benign Essential Tremor
  • Essential Tremor
  • Medication-Induced Postural Tremor
  • Orthostatic Tremor
  • Primary Orthostatic Tremor
  • Tremor Hereditary Essential, 1
  • Tremor Hereditary Essential, 2
Hide other areas of care

Dr. Alkhersam's conditions and procedures:

• Ataxia
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Bell's Palsy
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Cluster Headache
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Study
  • Spina Bifida
  • Stiff-Man Syndrome
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Vertigo

Dr. Alkhersam accepts

Dr. Alkhersam accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Alkhersam's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Alkhersam

2.6

Dr. Alkhersam
The positives I can say about my visits with Dr. Alkhersam are that he usually didn't have long wait times before appointments and that he seemed nice enough. However, he recorded virtually nothing about my condition (MS) in my patient records and failed to tell me anything, either. I don't even know if I have relapsing MS or progressive! I shouldn't have to wonder something so basic after seeing him for four years. His office staff is also terrible about returning messages. I've recently called his office three days in a row about a medication refill and didn't get a single call back, so I've decided enough is enough. Time for a new, more competent doctor (I hope I can find one, somewhere...I don't have a lot of faith in neurologists.)
Jun 16, 2020
Hello - I am sorry to read of your negative...Read More
Dr. Alkhersam was a mediocre doctor, he ordered a sleep test which I knew he would and sent me on my way. However, upon making my appointment I was told that my insurance was accepted but I found out after a $450 bill later that it was not covered. Why would anyone go to an office they were not covered by? After weeks of trying to get in touch with the business office I called one last time to straighten my bill out. They were very rude, told me it was my fault for not checking my insurance coverage and told me theyd left me multiple messages. I answer every phone call religiously or call numbers back if I've missed a call and after confirming my number I told them I'd never received a call from them and my phone bill could prove it. I would not recommend this office and would instead visit Kane, Hall, and Barry Neurology.
Hannah – Oct 01, 2019
Hannah - I am so sorry to hear about your...Read More
Great doctor! Very professional and patient, took his time answering our questions and explaining what we didnt understand. His assistant Connie is an angel and always quick to respond. Highly recommend.
Aug 03, 2019
If I could score a 0star I would terrible service schedules are over booked it takes over 60 days to get in. And getting them to call you back is a complete joke! Been having migraines for over 6 months and the only thing he did was take my money and insurance money no prescriptions nor relief. Save your money and more then anything save your time and find another doctor.. might as well drill a hole in my head To get some help!!!
  • Long wait times
Pedro in Arlington, TX – Dec 04, 2018
Dr. Alkhersam and his staff are amazing! I was a bit nervous for my first appointment because I read all these reviews about the staff but I thought I'd take my chances and I'm so glad I did. He is very caring and passionate about his patients. He has a great sense of humor and the staff is so friendly.
Arlington, TX – Sep 14, 2018
I am most grateful to Dr Alkersam & his efficient & caring staff! I was misdiagnosed for 5 years, by 3 other Neurologist, that didn't listen. It was Dr Alkersam who took my first MRI & said advised we needed to get a current MRI as it was a brain tumor. He did a thorough work up including an EEG. He immediately got me into UTSW. When I had issues at UTSW it was Dr Alkersam that intervened. He is so easy to communicate with & is compassionate he took the time to explain so I would understand.
LaDonna in Dallas, TX – Aug 19, 2017
I'm leaving a two star due to his office staff. They do not call back on time to set up an appointment. I have PPO and was told I need to bring a referral which isn't required when you have PPO. I asked if I need to fax my labs and was told I didn't, but the Dr asked for them. Next day I called the office to see if the doctor was under my insurance and was told if he wasn't they would've let me know but they can still check and call me. According to this website he's not under my insurance!!
  • Long wait times
Grand Prairie, TX – Jun 24, 2017
His office staff is awful! I've talked to Cheryl a few times and found out that not only had the doctor's request for a procedure requiring insurance approval first been ignored for over 6 weeks (while I am in pain daily), but she informed me that they are "way way way behind on entering information." I let her know that I was switching doctors and not to submit anything for approval. She almost seemed happy that she didn't have to do her job further! Much more I need to say, but no more room.
M in Arlington, TX – Apr 18, 2017
Hello - I am sorry to hear about your negative...Read More
I was referred by my PCP to their office and was told to contact them if I haven't heard from them in a week. I didn't so I called and was told my the receptionist she would have to take a message and someone would call back. Finally today...3 weeks after leaving the message I received a call to schedule. Told her I had already schedule and been seen by another physician and she could have cared less. Good thing it wasn't an urgent matter
Erin in Grapevine, TX – Oct 28, 2016
Tried to enter this earlier but it closed before I could finish. Short waiting time in comfortable waiting room. Cheryl, the medical assistant is fantastic: efficient, professional, but empathetic. Dr. Alkhersam needs an easier name to spell, but everything else is great. He listens and takes everything into consideration. He respects patient input and explains the treatment plan. Also appreciate that he doesn't start out at ground zero with med, but carefully considers the medication changes
Ladybug in Irving, TX – Aug 18, 2016
It took us 6 weeks to get my husband's FMLA and Short Term Disability forms back. They almost cancelled his benefits due to the wait! Too much wrong with him and his staff to list here. Just save yourself a headache and go somewhere else.
3 Dog Daddy in Arlington, Texas – Aug 02, 2016
Dr. Alkhersam is a highly competent, caring physician. He examined me thoroughly and determined that I didn't need the EMG that my family doctor thought might be necessary. His nurse, Cheryl, was equally thorough in helping me. She apologized for the time it took for her to enter all the information from my patient forms into the computer. She wanted me to know that she wasn't ignoring me while we waited 10 minutes for Dr. Alkhersam to finish with another patient. My wife liked Cheryl too.
Dave in North Richland Hills, TX – Mar 06, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Alkhersam?

Husam Alkersam, M.D. practices at Neurology Specialist of North Texas.  Services include Adult Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology and Electrodiagnostics...Read more

Dr. Alkhersam is board-certified in adult neurology, clinical neurophysiology and sleep medicine. His experience includes three years at Henry Ford Electrodiagnostic...Read more

• Clinical Neurophysiology