Dr. Hunter Tashman, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Chantilly, VA and has been practicing for 35 years. He specializes in obstetrics & gynecology.

Inova Medical Group - Dulles South

New Patient?
(703) 278-2091

Patient Booking Open

Our after hours patient concierge is open and ready to help you get started.

Dr. Tashman accepts

(703) 278-2091

Dr. Tashman accepts the following insurance:

Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Tashman's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Tashman's Top Procedures and Conditions

High Risk Pregnancy

Dr. Tashman treats High Risk Pregnancy more than 28% of his peers

Dr. Tashman treats this condition more than 28% of his peers

Vaginal Delivery and VBAC

Dr. Tashman performs Vaginal Delivery and VBAC more than 18% of his peers

Dr. Tashman performs this procedure more than 18% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Normal Vaginal Delivery

• Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
  • Breech Position
  • Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC

Dr Tashman is a Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology/Fellow in the American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists. He has nearly 34 years experience.This is a "solo" practice committed to personal care and excellence. History...

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

12.195121951219512%

Dr. Tashman?
Dr. Tashman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Hunter Tashman, MD
I was referred to Dr. Tashman by a friend who delivered all four of her children with him. He is knowledgeable, kind, patient and wants what is best for the mom and baby and will take the time to answer all questions. He takes vitals, draws blood, listens for the fetal heartbeat all himself. I had a C-section, easy recovery, I will deliver any future children with him. His staff is also wonderful. I dealt mostly with Danielle and she always remembered my name over the phone and in person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hunter Tashman, MD?
Dr. Tashman has been amazing. I highly recommend him. Both he and his staff really go the extra mile to make sure you have a good experience, and are just great, genuinely nice people. They create a family atmosphere, know you by first name, and the level of care is top-notch. Both my husband and I have been very happy with his office, and have delivered both our baby girls here. If you're looking for a warm, welcoming place to deliver your baby, Dr. Tashman's office is a great place to go!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hunter Tashman, MD?
If I could give zero stars, I would! Dr. Tashman is very rude. We came to get a second opinion about my moms condition. We brought all the documents we had, explained current situation and when we eventually said my mom has fibroids he got so pissed and mad! Because apparently (!) it wasn't in the print outs we brought. We are not doctors! We don't know what is in the documents. We came to get an opinion and brought everything we have! And he is sitting there and telling us that we are wasting h
My reviews generally speak for themselves, but I...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hunter Tashman, MD?
Dr. Tashman is excellent and listens to all your problems and addresses them with patience. He was very understanding with my situation and helped me throughout my pregnancy and even when i was told that my baby was breach he arranged c-section quickly and made sure i had medications and good recovery, also he did the surgery so good that i barely can see any mark. The waiting time is less too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hunter Tashman, MD?
Dr.Tashman has been my doctor for 4 years now and I love him! He delivered my baby girl 2 years ago. I went through a lot with this pregnancy but I'm so glad I found a doctor that was very experienced and so knowledgeable. He always takes a lot of time with me at all of my appointments even when I wasn't pregnant anymore. He always made sure he answered all of my questions and addressed any concerns I had at every appointment. I always felt very welcomed by his great staff as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hunter Tashman, MD?
Sadly I did not have a good experience with Dr. Tashman, although I will say his office staff is phenomenal and incredibly friendly. Thankfully I did my research because I was always having to ask him questions about things he didn't share with me throughout my pregnancy (for example, I almost missed my window for the tdap vaccine because he never told me to get it but I asked about it after reading that I needed it). My husband and I also caught him in a few lies, leaving us unable to trust him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hunter Tashman, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Tashman for almost 20 years; he delivered all three of my daughters. Dr. Tashman is the BEST doctor that I know, hands down. He has an extremely personable demeanor and is no-nonsense in his explanations. He cares about his patients and is just such a nice and sincere person. I never have to sit for a long time in the waiting room, and his staff is friendly and efficient. I wish all doctors could be like Dr. Tashman - I'm not looking forward to his retirement!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hunter Tashman, MD?
Dr. Tashman was everything my wife and I wanted in a doctor. Caring, communicative, helpful, and most importantly a true expert at his work. From every appointment to the delivery, we are so grateful for him delivering our wonderful daughter into the world. Cannot recommend him enough to anyone looking for an amazing MD!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hunter Tashman, MD?
- He was present & actively engaged from the moment I arrived at hospital (7:00AM) - After 12 hours of monitoring the contractions and noticing the baby's heart rate not recovering fast enough, and the lack of progress in my dilation, with my full support he decided it was time to deliver the baby via c-section Holding my healthy baby reminds me of how truly grateful I am to Dr. Tashman's care throughout my pregnancy and his passionate & professional dedication to the baby and me during labor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hunter Tashman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tashman?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Tashman treats patients.

81% Patient experience rating, 12% higher than the national average

• America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018)
  • Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)