Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Hunter Stolldorf, MD
Dr. Stolldorf started his military service at age 19 and throughout his active duty deployments, visited all seven continents. He served as a flight surgeon for Patrol Squadron Sixteen, based in Jacksonville Naval Air Station and afterward was stationed for six years at Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune, NC. There he specialized in refractive surgical procedures that provided U.S. Marines with high definition, spectacle-free vision. One of Dr. Stolldorf's career highlights was when he was aboard the USNS Comfort hospital ship, providing free medical and surgical care throughout Central America as part of the U.S. Navy's humanitarian mission, Continuing Promise 2015. Dr. Stolldorf left the U.S. Navy at the rank of Commander.

185 Joe Knox Ave

Mooresville, NC 28117

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina

Learn about Dr. Stolldorf

Dr. Stolldorf's Experience

Dr. Stolldorf's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology

This content was provided by Dr. Stolldorf "At Horizon Eye Care, eyesight isn't just part of our focus. It's literally all we do.

Services at Horizon range from routine family and pediatric eye care to specialty services and surgeries for cornea, glaucoma, oculoplastics and retina conditions, along with cataract surgery and laser-assisted cataract surgery. Our physicians and staff have vast experience, and stay current with the latest treatments, technology and techniques.

We are Always Thinking Vision."

• Ophthalmology

• Glaucoma Surgery
  • Glaucoma Treatment
  • LASIK
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Visian Impantable Collamer Lens (ICL)

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• United States Naval Academy
  • Naval Medical Center San Diego
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Us Navy Flight Surg Sch
    Other Education | Completed 2006

Dr. Stolldorf has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stolldorf does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stolldorf and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stolldorf's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stolldorf to family and friends
Dr. Stolldorf's Performance
in Jacksonville, NC |
Dr. Stolldorf made extraordinary efforts to provide care and support to my family and I while I was experiencing a retinal detachment that jeopardized vision in my only functioning eye. His personable, confident and methodical approach not only put me at ease, but also provided the assurance that the care I was getting was the very best. He was upfront about the level of care needed and once he had expended all efforts, he recommended seeing a specialist and contacted their office to expedite
in Newport News, VA |
I met with Dr Stolldorf hoping to have a PRK or LASIK procedure performed but learned that it was not possible due to having a very strong prescription. He recommended a Visian ICL implant procedure. About two weeks after the initial visit Dr Stolldorf performed the procedure flawlessly, and I could not be happier. After recovering from surgery I was seeing better than 20/20 in each eye after being almost legally blind. After five years I still see better than 20/20, my life has changed.
in Hartwell |
I had a retinal detachment that was fixed while i was home but the surgery left me with a catarct which is common. Dr. Stolldorf took over and performed cataract surgery in my left eye which turned out perfect and improved my vision way beyond what it was supposed to recover. After all of this was done and healed properly, he performed PRK on my right eye to give me great distance vision and balance my prescription. In personal and professional matters the best doctor I've ever met.
in Hubert, NC |
Dr. Stolldorf is a true professional, very thorough in his exams and explains everything in a way that is easy to understand. I underwent surgery for ICLs, there was a scheduling conflict with work and Dr. Stolldorf worked with me to make it happen. He fixed one eye before I left and the other after I got back, and it was all worked around his other commitments. The surgeries were completely successful and I have no problems at all with my vision. I would give six stars if I could.
in Jacksonville, NC |
I'd like to start by saying that Dr. Stolldorf takes great pride in the work that he does. He has performed multiple surgeries on my eyes which were "Visian ICL" implantation in both eyes and "PRK" in the left eye and he was very informative and was very confident in the research that he did to inform me on what my best option for refractive eye surgery was. I couldn't be any happier with the results that Dr. Stolldorf provided me with
in Jacksonville, NC |
My experience with Dr. Stolldorf and the work that he does can be summed up in one word, excellent. I had come to Dr. Stolldorf exploring my options on corrective eye surgery, and he recommended ICL. I was very unfamiliar with this procedure, but he walked me through everything, told me what was involved, the pros, and the cons of this type of procedure versus the others. As of today my vision is now 20/20, before surgery it was 20/400, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome.
I would highly recommend Dr. Stolldorf to anyone who needs refractive surgery. Because my prescription was so high I was not a candidate for LASIK or PRK. Dr. Stolldorf performed a clear lens exchange in both of my eyes and then later did touch up LASIK in one eye to make my vision just right. I can now see perfectly with no issues at all.
in Jacksonville, NC |
I've been a patient of Dr. Stolldorf's for a few years now and he is awesome! Very professional, kind and patient. He always takes the time to address all of my questions and concerns. Not only did he perform a pterygium excision on me a couple of years ago but just the other day he literally dug a piece of plastic out of my eye. I totally trust him with the treatment of my eyes and that is something I take very seriously. :-)
in New Bern, NC |
Dr. Stolldorf's approach to patient health care is positively amazing. He treats you as his top priority start to finish and follow-up. He goes out of his way to be accessible for all concerns pre and post surgery. I underwent bilateral clear lens replacement. I was very apprehensive due to the type of surgery necessary to correct my vision; my prescription was too extreme for safe LASIK. He explained in a straightforward manner what to expect. I am very grateful for his talented care!
in Jacksonville, NC |
Dr. Stolldorf performed my Lasik surgery in January 2016. I cannot begin to express how life changing it is to not rely on contact after 20 years of use. My vision has been perfect ever since, I experienced zero pain, and no halos. He is a phenomenal surgeon, and had a great bedside manner. I would gladly send anyone in my family to him.
in Jackonville NC |
Great Dr. !!. Had pterygium excision done by him on both eyes. Results came out great , couldn't even tell I have had any surgery done. Very friendly, he was much involved and provided excellent care before and after my surgery. Will surely entrust the care of a relative into his hands !!!.
in Sneads Ferry, NC |
There are so many great things that could say about Dr. Stalldorf, but the one word would be freedom. After working with my eyes, he gave me the freedom of having to use glaucoma drops daily and not having to have glasses, except occasionally. He also gave my eyes a rejuvenation which not only took pressure off my eyes, but took years off my looks. Words cannot express how grateful I am for this skillful doctor. Thank you Dr. Stalldorf!!!
Have you seen Dr. Hunter Stolldorf, MD?
Are you Dr. Stolldorf?