Psychiatry  |
Dr. Huma Khusro, MD
Dr. Huma Khusro, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Gadsden, AL. She is 56 years old. Dr. Khusro is affiliated with Riverview Regional Medical Center.

106 Bay St

Gadsden, AL 35901

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Khusro

See how frequently Dr. Khusro performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
Major Depressive Disorder
Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)

Dr. Khusro's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Education data for Dr. Khusro is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Khusro has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Khusro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Khusro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Khusro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Khusro to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Khusro's Performance
    POOR
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Leesburg, Al |
I know everyone may have a diff experience from any dr. I have never had a prob with dr Khusro,, she listens to me fully and asks very reasonable questions, things going on in my life that I may not mention to her. Office staff is very friendly. Sometimes it has taken a lil while to get my refills, but I let my pharmacy get ahold of the office. Wait time is a lil long.
in Piedmont, Al |
My Husband sees her and she is the absolute worst psychiatrist ever! He has been dealing with the loss of his little girl, and has been on the same mg of nerve medicine for 23 years. She dropped his mg, and it's nearly impossible for him to get his refills! We have been to the ER quite a few times because he has literally almost had nervous breakdowns due to her not giving his refills in time. If she only knew what she has put people through. She is rude, and doesn't care about her patients.
in Gadsden, AL |
UTTER DISGRACE BLAMES YOU FOR ILLNESS NO REFILLS IN 3 VISITS ONLY WANTS PATIENTS PALATABLE FOR THEIR DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILIES TELLS YOU TO STOP TALKING MULTIPLE TIMES IF CHALLENGED FIGHTS W YOU LIKE A PECHULANT BRAT & PAWNS YOU OFF ONTO ANOTHER DR INSTEAD OF HELPING 5 PATIENTS TOLD ME THEY HATED HER & SHES ONLY BEEN AT CED FOR MONTHS HER INCOMPETANCE BLAMED ON PATIENT SHE SCREAMS AT YOU THAT YOU DONT LISTEN / WANT TO GET WELL GET HER OUT OR CLOSE YOUR SECRETARIES ARE CRUEL IDIOTS AS WELL
in Gadsden, AL |
My experience with this doctor is this: You come to your regular appointments, with insurance, pay your copay, get your scripts for the medication that you've been taking for years, she tells you to call seven days prior to running out for your next month's refill, you call, a week later, you call again they might call back eventually.. Repeat this process. I only have mild depression and anxiety issues. I sincerely feel sorry for those with major psychiatric issues. Horrible service.
Royston, GA |
I have to follow up my last blog. I was not able to get my meds for over a week. Finally I got a call from the office. They filled my meds and gave me a true apology. The lady said she did not know what had happened, but it was not what should have happenef.
Rainbow City, AL |
She was not willing to prescribe the meds I knew worked for me before I began seeing her. She also told me You'll just have to deal with your depression and anxiety. IF I Could DEAL with it, I wouldn't have the need to see a psychiatrist!!!
in Cedar Bluff |
Dr. Khusro helped me some dealing with the loss of my daughter...sometimes I feel she listens others she dint.. I only have take 1 nerve medication.3 months ago I finally got her to adjust my prescription so I could take something during the day if needed...then last month. telling her I had lots going on& my nerves has been bad..SHE CUT MY NERVE MEDICATION..I asked WHY .no response..NOW I DONT HAVE ENOUGH AND STILL HAVE 4 days to go..NO SLEEP ..CRYING ..STRESSED. WISH SHE WOULDN'T DO THIS TO M
in Gadsden ala |
I have been seeing Dr. Khusroe for a couple of years. The office has canceled several of my appointments and not able to reschedule until 2 months later. I had an appointment in Feb . 2016. I showed up 20 minutes early and the entire front waiting room was packed and the overflow room filling up fast. I waited until I could no longer. I have since called her office every week for the past 5 weeks, left msgs. And have yet to get a returned call. I am out of meds and still no response!!!!
Centre |
My husband has been to see her twice, 6 appointments scheduled but only been in twice because she canceled last min. It took them 2 and a half weeks to get his prescriptions called, then One of them has put,my husband in the ER like her recording tells him to and they send him home telling him to call her. We have now called her over 60 times because you get a busy signal the first times then it rings like 4 times and goes to voicemail. He will NOT be going back! She's horrible and doesnt care!
in Rainbow city |
She has display professional misconduct. What you share in your private section If needed she will use it too her advantage
Have you seen Dr. Huma Khusro, MD?
Are you Dr. Khusro?