Dr. Hugo Ribot Jr, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery | Male

Cartersville OBGYN Associates 958 Joe Frank Harris Pkwy SE Ste 102 Cartersville, GA 30120 Get Directions
Dr. Hugo Ribot Jr, MD

I have the great fortune and appreciation for a career involving work that I enjoy and find stimulating and look forward to daily. One of the top things I like about our field of Ob/Gyn is it lends itself to the development of long term relationships with my patients which span generations. I have the distinct honor to be delivering many "2nd generation" babies for girls that I myself delivered. In addition, gynecology lends itself particularly well to the development of minimally invasive techniques which greatly benefit patients. I had the serendipity to take my residency training at one of the top Ob/Gyn training programs in the country, at Emory University and Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia during the late 1980s. This was an era marked by the first great leaps forward in the evolution of minimally invasive surgical techniques. The sentinel event was the first total laparoscopic hysterectomy in the USA taking place in 1988 in Pennsylvania during my junior year of training. Upon graduating from Emory in 1990, I introduced this procedure to our community in my private practice, and have been pioneering minimally invasive approaches to virtually all gynecologic surgical procedures in the northwest Atlanta metro area ever since, with multiple "firsts" in our community and beyond. We were the first in Georgia to develop safe and reproducible techniques for performing both vaginal and laparoscopic hysterectomy without a hospital stay in early 2006. My proudest professional achievement was the development and opening of the Georgia Advanced Surgery Center For Women with my partner, Dr. Malcolm Barfield in May 2010. This is a pioneering "Center Of Excellence" designated ambulatory surgery center (one of the first 6 to be so recognized in the entire country) which remains the only ASC in Georgia to routinely perform total hysterectomy in a non-hospital setting along with virtually all other advanced minimally invasive Gyn procedures. It is fully state licensed and Medicare and Joint Commission accredited and has been producing outstanding surgical outcomes in thousands of cases with top patient satisfaction. We have hosted many patients traveling from out of state and even from abroad for our expertise. We also keep detailed clinical outcomes data on all our surgical procedures, which is a rare but important thing to track, so as to engage in continuous quality improvement. I am amazingly lucky to be married since 1988 to my lovely and talented bride Karen, and we have three grown children who are uniquely bright, funny, kind, and successful in their own right. Activities I enjoy include tennis, road and mountain bicycling, water sports, boating, traveling, technology, and photography. Things one might not know about me: I was born in Argentina, learned to speak English when I was 8, and was a national age group champion swimmer while growing up in the Bahamas, where I graduated from high school in Freeport as valedictorian. I also have a younger sister, Veronica, who represented Argentina as a springboard and 10 meter platform diver, making the finals in each of the three Olympics that she competed in.

...See Less

Dr. Ribot Jr's Care Philosophy

I strive to provide the very latest minimally invasive treatments for GYN conditions in a caring, empathetic environment. Our pregnancy care is based on the least amount of intervention necessary to achieve safe maternal and newborn outcomes. I also champion patient education and empowerment, believing strongly that an informed patient will choose the best solutions for her individual situation.

Dr. Ribot Jr's Experience

See how Dr. Ribot Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ribot Jr

Dr. Ribot Jr accepts 20 insurance carriers

Dr. Ribot Jr is now accepting new patients
Cartersville Ob/Gyn Associates.958 Joe Frank Harris Pkwy SE Ste 102
Cartersville, GA 30120
Saturday
(770) 386-4824Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ribot Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ribot Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ribot Jr to family and friends
4.5
based on 16 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Ribot Jr's Performance
in Cartersville, GA |
Dr Ribot is extremely knowledgeable, patient, and exceptionally caring. He has been my Obgyn for 3 years; during that time he has diagnosed and treated many conditions that other doctors haven't picked up on in the previous 15 years of visits. He has referred me to the specialists I have required and kept tabs on me via email to ensure I'm getting a great quality of care.
Have you seen Dr. Hugo Ribot Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Ribot Jr?

Compare Dr. Ribot Jr

Dr. Ribot Jr says...

I have the great fortune and appreciation for a career involving work that I enjoy and find stimulating and look forward to daily.  One of the top things I like about our field of Ob/Gyn is it lends itself to the development of long term relationships with my patients which span generations. I have the distinct honor to be delivering many "2nd generation" babies for girls that I myself delivered.  In addition, gynecology lends itself particularly well to the development of minimally invasive techniques which greatly benefit patients.

I had the serendipity to take my residency training at one of the top Ob/Gyn training programs in the country, at Emory University and Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia during the late 1980s.  This was an era marked by the first great leaps forward in the evolution of minimally invasive surgical techniques. The sentinel event was the first total laparoscopic hysterectomy in the USA taking place in 1988 in Pennsylvania during my junior year of training.  Upon graduating from Emory in 1990, I introduced this procedure to our community in my private practice, and have been pioneering minimally invasive approaches to virtually all gynecologic surgical procedures in the northwest Atlanta metro area ever since, with multiple "firsts" in our community and beyond.  We were the first in Georgia to develop safe and reproducible techniques for performing both vaginal and laparoscopic hysterectomy without a hospital stay in early 2006.  My proudest professional achievement was the development and opening of the Georgia Advanced Surgery Center For Women with my partner, Dr. Malcolm Barfield in May 2010.  This is a pioneering "Center Of Excellence" designated ambulatory surgery center (one of the first 6 to be so recognized in the entire country) which remains the only ASC in Georgia to routinely perform total hysterectomy in a non-hospital setting along with virtually all other advanced minimally invasive Gyn procedures.  It is fully state licensed and Medicare and Joint Commission accredited and has been producing outstanding surgical outcomes in thousands of cases with top patient satisfaction.  We have hosted many patients traveling from out of state and even from abroad for our expertise.  We also keep detailed clinical outcomes data on all our surgical procedures, which is a rare but important thing to track, so as to engage in continuous quality improvement.

I am amazingly lucky to be married since 1988 to my lovely and talented bride Karen, and we have three grown children who are uniquely bright, funny, kind, and successful in their own right.  Activities I enjoy include tennis, road and mountain bicycling, water sports, boating, traveling, technology, and photography.  Things one might not know about me: I was born in Argentina, learned to speak English when I was 8, and was a national age group champion swimmer while growing up in the Bahamas, where I graduated from high school in Freeport as valedictorian. I also have a younger sister, Veronica, who represented Argentina as a springboard and 10 meter platform diver, making the finals in each of the three Olympics that she competed in.

Dr. Ribot Jr's Care Philosophy

I strive to provide the very latest minimally invasive treatments for GYN conditions in a caring, empathetic environment. Our pregnancy care is based on the least amount of intervention necessary to achieve safe maternal and newborn outcomes. I also champion patient education and empowerment, believing strongly that an informed patient will choose the best solutions for her individual situation.

Dr. Ribot Jr says...

My training includes the most advanced laparoscopic and vaginal techniques in minimally invasive surgery.  This includes special qualification from the A.C.G.E. (Accreditation Council for Gynecologic Endoscopy), which requires extensive documentation of actual cases of a certain degree of complexity performed.

I have been treating the following conditions for over 24 years:

• endometriosis
    • fibroids
    • abnormal uterine bleeding
    • prolapse
    • urinary incontinence (all types)
    • polyps
    • ovarian cysts
    • polycystic ovary syndrome
    • ovulatory disorders
    • menstrual disorders

Unique to our approach is that we record surgical outcomes data on all our minimally invasive procedures, which very few surgeons do.  In addition, our rate of conversion from minimally invasive to open procedures is less than 1%.

Dr. Ribot Jr says...

I have the benefit of 24 years of continuous innovation and experience in every facet of minimally invasive gynecology.  This enables me to individualize my approach to each patient's unique situation.

I have also developed a highly successful technique for minimally invasive hysterectomy which since 2006 has allowed us to completely avoid hospitalization in over 98% of the patients, with excellent outcomes.

Finally, we had the opportunity to raise the level of patient satisfaction even further by creating our own ambulatory surgery center (ASC), the Georgia Advanced Surgery Center For Women.  We have achieved Center of Excellence status and patients from all over the Southeast and even other countries have traveled to have their surgery done there.

We also provide a complete array of minimally invasive solutions for bladder problems such as incontinence.

Our surgical experience is measured in terms of thousands of cases.

Dr. Ribot Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
    •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ribot Jr's Board Certifications

• Endometriosis
    • Excessive Menstrual Bleeding
    • Female Urinary Stress Incontinence
    • Gestational Diabetes
    • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
    • Incontinence
    • Infertility
    • Inflammatory Pelvic Pain
    • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
    • Maternal Anemia
    • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
    • Menopause
    • Menstrual Cramps
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Non-Inflammatory Pelvic Pain
    • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
    • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
    • Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorders
    • Premenstrual Syndrome
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Stage 4 Endometriosis

Graduated in 1981

• Other Education
      American Association Of Gynecologic Laparoscopists

Completed in 1998

Dr. Ribot Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ribot Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

• Tubal Ligation Reversal
    • Ultrasound
    • Ultrasound, Pelvic
    • Ultrasound, Transvaginal
    • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
    • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC