Dr. Hugo Ribot Jr, MD

Dr. Hugo Ribot Jr, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery  ·
Dr. Hugo Ribot Jr, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery specialist in Cartersville, GA and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from University Of Miami / School Of Medicine in 1986 and specializes in female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery, obstetrics & gynecology, and more.Read his story

958 Joe Frank Harris Pkwy SE Ste 102

Cartersville, GA 30120

• Coventry Health Care of Georgia
  • Golden Rule
  • Guardian

Learn about Dr. Ribot Jr

See how frequently Dr. Ribot Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pap Smear
high
Endometriosis
high
Yeast Infections

Dr. Ribot Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ribot Jr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ribot Jr "I have the great fortune and appreciation for a career involving work that I enjoy and find stimulating and look forward to daily. One of the top things I like about our field of Ob/Gyn is it lends itself to the development of long term relationships with my patients which span generations. I have the distinct honor to be delivering many "2nd generation" babies for girls that I myself delivered. In addition, gynecology lends itself particularly well to the development of minimally invasive techniques which greatly benefit patients. I had the serendipity to take my residency training at one of the top Ob/Gyn training programs in the country, at Emory University and Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia during the late 1980s. This was an era marked by the first great leaps forward in the evolution of minimally invasive surgical techniques. The sentinel event was the first total laparoscopic hysterectomy in the USA taking place in 1988 in Pennsylvania during my junior year of training. Upon graduating from Emory in 1990, I introduced this procedure to our community in my private practice, and have been pioneering minimally invasive approaches to virtually all gynecologic surgical procedures in the northwest Atlanta metro area ever since, with multiple "firsts" in our community and beyond. We were the first in Georgia to develop safe and reproducible techniques for performing both vaginal and laparoscopic hysterectomy without a hospital stay in early 2006. My proudest professional achievement was the development and opening of the Georgia Advanced Surgery Center For Women with my partner, Dr. Malcolm Barfield in May 2010. This is a pioneering "Center Of Excellence" designated ambulatory surgery center (one of the first 6 to be so recognized in the entire country) which remains the only ASC in Georgia to routinely perform total hysterectomy in a non-hospital setting along with virtually all other advanced minimally invasive Gyn procedures. It is fully state licensed and Medicare and Joint Commission accredited and has been producing outstanding surgical outcomes in thousands of cases with top patient satisfaction. We have hosted many patients traveling from out of state and even from abroad for our expertise. We also keep detailed clinical outcomes data on all our surgical procedures, which is a rare but important thing to track, so as to engage in continuous quality improvement. I am amazingly lucky to be married since 1988 to my lovely and talented bride Karen, and we have three grown children who are uniquely bright, funny, kind, and successful in their own right. Activities I enjoy include tennis, road and mountain bicycling, water sports, boating, traveling, technology, and photography. Things one might not know about me: I was born in Argentina, learned to speak English when I was 8, and was a national age group champion swimmer while growing up in the Bahamas, where I graduated from high school in Freeport as valedictorian. I also have a younger sister, Veronica, who represented Argentina as a springboard and 10 meter platform diver, making the finals in each of the three Olympics that she competed in."

This content was provided by Dr. Ribot Jr "I strive to provide the very latest minimally invasive treatments for GYN conditions in a caring, empathetic environment. Our pregnancy care is based on the least amount of intervention necessary to achieve safe maternal and newborn outcomes. I also champion patient education and empowerment, believing strongly that an informed patient will choose the best solutions for her individual situation."

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

• Tubal Ligation Reversal
  • Ultrasound
  • Ultrasound, Pelvic
  • Ultrasound, Transvaginal
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy
  • Vaginal Surgery

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Dartmouth College
  • Emory University Affil Hosps
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • American Association Of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
    Other Education | Completed 1998

Dr. Ribot Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ribot Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ribot Jr's Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ribot Jr to family and friends

Dr. Ribot Jr's Performance

I am so glad I decided to start seeing Dr. Ribot and to have him do my surgery. Surgery wad easier than any other I've had and the pain was minimum and the recovery quick. I was very impressed when I called with some after surgery concerns, spoke with his nurse and he himself called me back shortly...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Ribot is extremely knowledgeable, patient, and exceptionally caring. He has been my Obgyn for 3 years; during that time he has diagnosed and treated many conditions that other doctors haven't picked up on in the previous 15 years of visits. He has referred me to the specialists I have required...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option2