Dr. Hugo Rams Jr, MD

Dr. Hugo Rams Jr, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Hugo Rams Jr, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Coral Gables, FL. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 36 years.

4685 Ponce De Leon Blvd Ste 101

Coral Gables, FL 33146

Learn about Dr. Rams Jr

See how frequently Dr. Rams Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Constipation
Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Dr. Rams Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Rams Jr "Every patient is treated with dignity and respect. The utmost of quality care is provided by gastroenterolgist with over 25 years of experience. Providing up to date care encompassing gastrointestinal, liver and pancreatic disorders. Gastrointestinal endoscopy to evaluate these conditions are also provided."

• Gastroenterology

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures

• Jackson Memorial Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Jackson Memorial Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Rams Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rams Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rams Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rams Jr' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rams Jr to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Rams Jr' Performance
in Hialeah |
I do not understand the ONE STAR reviews. I have been going to Dr. Rams for over 20 years and he has followed me through gall bladder surgery, gastric bypass and a revision to gastric bypass. Excellent doctor in that he follows up with you and contacts you after tests are done and EXPLAINS FULLY all the results. I highly recommend him.
in Miami, FL |
He is a despote. What an abrupt and rude guy he is.He does NOT treat patients with "dignity & respect". Shouldn't practice medicine but rather sale used cars. He sees you in 5 minutes.
in Hialeah, FL |
Me encanta el doctor.Mi mama tiene 70 Año y hace mas de 5 Año que va con el doctor y la verdad no tengo queja de ningun tipo.Las muchachas en la oficina son muy NICE ,me ponen las citas y me llaman el dia anterior para acordarmelo..Gracias doctor Rams muy agradecida ....100 porciento recomendado.
Miami, FL |
This doctor do not care about his patients. Doesn't let patients have follow-up appointments. This office is not capable to handle phone calls. Dr. Rams is rude and arrogant. I also agree with the reviewers who only gave him one star. Please find another specialist.
Miami, FL |
I don't know what to say, just select another Doctor, select another Office, please don't go there
Miami, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr Rams for 4 years and have finally gone to another GI doctor. I agree with the reviewers who only gave him one star: his office is indeed poorly run, he is indeed arrogant and only in it for the money, and he's rude. I finally had enough and have moved on.
Miami, FL |
Very poorly run practice. Seems for be operated for convenience of self and staff, certainly not with the patient and his/her needs in mind. Receptionist is barely able handle phone calls (been dropped several times). E.g., as a new patient, I was asked to come 30 minutes early only to find the office wasn't open yet; no reminder communication for a procedure set 6 weeks befire (I had to call them to confirm it was berated for asking to confirm pre-procedure instructions). Really poor.
in Miami, FL |
Excellent first visit, Dr. Rams attended all my problems with interest, and knowledge. The office is very clean and organized. In general I received very good service from all the staff
Miami, FL |
I am a patient of Dr. Rams.I was in severe pain & my Mother (also a patient of his) called the office & asked if he was there.the nurse said yes my Mother told her I was going over.The nurse said OKAY. When I arrived the nurses were extremely kind but Dr. Rams says to one of them in front of me "I need to leave." He looks at me and says "you cannot do this. I have to leave to see a patient." I said don't worry I will go to the hospital & left.He is rude, arrogant & pompous.
in Coral Gables, Fl |
Surprised by these reviews. My experience was very positive. I thought he was very thorough and addressed all my issues. Spent more time with me during visit than most doctors. Staff was professional and friendly.
in Miami, FL |
If I could give him 0 stars I would. Horrible bedside manner. In for the money in my opinion!
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Rams is very nice in person but he is a poor excuse for a doctor. I saw him many times and every time his office failed to process my insurance correctly and not once did he ever offer treatment to me. I had multiple procedures done with Dr. Rams and every time he would show up do the procedure and then leave to never be heard from again. I waited over 4 weeks for a response from him after my last visit and one never game. THIS MAN ONLY CARES ABOUT MONEY NOT PEOPLE. DO NOT GO TO HIS OFFICE.
Miami, FL |
Seems to not really care about his patients. A terrible example of a doctor - doesn't return phone calls, doesn't let patients have follow-up appointments, etc.
Have you seen Dr. Hugo Rams Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Rams Jr?