Dr. Hugh Miller, MD

Neurology ·  Male · Age 64

Dr. Miller

Neurology & Neuroscience Assocs

701 White Pond Dr Ste 300 Akron, OH 44320

Dr. Hugh Miller, MD is a neurology specialist in Akron, OH and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from Wayne State U, School Of Medicine in 1981 and specializes in neurology.

Dr. Miller accepts

Dr. Miller accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Miller's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Migrainous Stupor Migraine
  • Oculomotor Migraine
  • Retinal Migraine
  • Visual Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Miller treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 100% of his peers

• Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

1.5

Dr. Miller?
Dr. Miller's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Hugh Miller, MD
I rate this doctor as one of the if not the most rude doctor I have ever met. First off, the office would not make an appointment with my GPs referral until they received the medical records from the hospital. When we arrived and he entered the room, he asked what made us think the diagnosis was a stroke ( and I was thinking, well that is what the hospital thought) . He then asked quick questions in a row but was very aggravated when our answers were not just short and to the point. When I stated something about the records showing .... he picked up the papers in his hand threw them down and said he had no records. I stated that he should they were sent. He again louder told me he had no copies of the hospital records. I again stated that I was there the day my GP sent the records over. I then also stated your office would not allow the appointment until they received the records. With disgust he looked in the computer and found “notes” in the computer.....
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?
I really hated to give him one star. He is condescending, arrogant and uncaring. As a Movement Disorder Specialist, he seems to know nothing about Parkinson's Disease, and is unable to identify when he sees it, and has no compassion for those suffering from it. Our visits with Dr Miller were disturbing and disheartening, his bedside manner the worst.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?
I would not recommend Dr Miller to anyone. My husband and I both found his manner to be dismissive and condescending. He gave the impression he did not believe my husband had suffered a stroke, despite having just spent 4 nights in hospital in another state. My husband was keen to do as much as possible to aid his recovery but Dr Miller offered no help or advice on this. We had to push to get any occupational therapy and the order for OT was submitted incorrectly. We will not be returning.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?
Do you have an appointment with Miller? Cancel and make an appointment with ANY other neurologist in the area. Not only is Miller incredibly uncaring and inconsiderate his practices are borderline malpractice. Medicine is more than diagnosis and walk away, Miller could not care less about your personal wellbeing or how your diagnosis may impact your life or your family's life. He makes no effort to help you, he simply diagnoses (sometimes correctly) and sends you on your way. Go somewhere else
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?
My visit with Dr. Miller was very unsatisfactory. Within a few minutes of meeting him, I could tell that his arrogance would hinder his ability to listen to me. Does he know what he's doing? Who knows--his ego got in the way of me ever knowing that. I left his office so annoyed with him that I realized I could never work with him to resolve the health problems that I was experiencing. After one visit, I decided to try and find another doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?
I would NEVER recommend this Dr. He put my 62 year old in tears! He was rude and heartless. He made my mom feel like she was stupid. He belittled her and put her down for not being be able to remember things that happened months ago. No Dr. should ever treat any patient that way!
Terrible doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?
This guy is a excellent photographer a a lousy doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?
He is extremely rude with a supercilious attitude. He talked to me as if I was ignorant. I then find out that he never looked at my chart. I had been in the hospital for a week , four days in the ICU.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?
Dr. Miller may be one of the most incompetent doctors I've ever talked to. I don't believe he has opened a recent medical journal in the past 25 years. I encourage anyone who thinks about going to him or has an appointment to cancel and rethink their neurological doctors. Just because someone has an MD after their name does not mean they are actually intelligent or that they are up to date on new treatments and case studies. As patients we must call them out when they don't know the answer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?
I would definitely recommend Dr Miller to anyone who needs to see a Neurologist. We had our first apt with Dr Miller yesterday and he was excellent. He took his time , was very patient with my husband and listened to my concerns . He explained and answered my questions clearly . The office was very nice, spacious and clean. The location is easily accessible with plenty of parking. The Staff was friendly and courteous and we had no waiting for our appointment. I give Dr Miller 5 stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?
The most condescending physician I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. I personally have a PhD in Neuroscience and found him to be inaccurate as well as rude. He did not address the concerns for which the appointment was made but somehow felt obligated to berate the patient for mispercieved lifestyle choices. NOT HIS JOB! He wasted the time of all involved.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?
Dr. Miller was asked to provide a 2nd opinion regarding a diagnosis from another neurologist. He listened, took a detailed family and medical history, ordered new labs and tests and provided an explanation about the condition in question. He was friendly and took a lot of time gathering information. The office staff was friendly and helpful. I would most definately recommend Dr. Miller and Neurology & Neuroscience Associates, Inc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?
THE WORST. My grandmother went there and first, Dr. Miller was rude, condescending, and seemed to think he was better than everyone else. On top of that, her results were not sent to family doctor (like we requested). My grandma had to go pick them up and take them to her doctor. Then her doctor was concerned with the results and is sending her to another neurologist because of what showed on the MRI. Dr. Miller said everything was fine and didn't mention any concerns at all. RIDICULOUS.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?
My visit with Dr. Miller was one of the worst emotional medical experiences I've had in my long life. He even asked me why did I come when my other Dr.(who had taken another position out of Ohio) said I should cone back if I had 4 or more headaches in a month, and to possibly get a Botox injection for the worsening Dystonia on my left side. He looked at me with disgust and said I''m not giving you anything My therapist said he must have thought I was trying to get drugs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Miller?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Miller treats patients.

Western Reserve Hospital