Dr. Hugh Miller, MD

Dr. Hugh Miller, MD

Neurology | Male

Dr. Hugh Miller, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Akron, OH. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Miller is affiliated with Summa Akron City Hospital, Summa Barberton Hospital and Akron General Medical Center.

Dr. Miller's Experience

See how Dr. Miller's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Miller

Dr. Miller accepts 23 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Miller has admitting privileges.

Dr. Miller's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Miller to family and friends
1.6
Dr. Miller's Performance
    POOR
    GOOD
    GOOD
Akron, OH |
He is extremely rude with a supercilious attitude. He talked to me as if I was ignorant. I then find out that he never looked at my chart. I had been in the hospital for a week , four days in the ICU.
Akron, OH |
Dr. Miller may be one of the most incompetent doctors I've ever talked to. I don't believe he has opened a recent medical journal in the past 25 years. I encourage anyone who thinks about going to him or has an appointment to cancel and rethink their neurological doctors. Just because someone has an MD after their name does not mean they are actually intelligent or that they are up to date on new treatments and case studies. As patients we must call them out when they don't know the answer.
Barberton, OH |
I would definitely recommend Dr Miller to anyone who needs to see a Neurologist. We had our first apt with Dr Miller yesterday and he was excellent. He took his time , was very patient with my husband and listened to my concerns . He explained and answered my questions clearly . The office was very nice, spacious and clean. The location is easily accessible with plenty of parking. The Staff was friendly and courteous and we had no waiting for our appointment. I give Dr Miller 5 stars!
Newark, NJ |
The most condescending physician I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. I personally have a PhD in Neuroscience and found him to be inaccurate as well as rude. He did not address the concerns for which the appointment was made but somehow felt obligated to berate the patient for mispercieved lifestyle choices. NOT HIS JOB! He wasted the time of all involved.
in Akron, OH |
Dr. Miller was asked to provide a 2nd opinion regarding a diagnosis from another neurologist. He listened, took a detailed family and medical history, ordered new labs and tests and provided an explanation about the condition in question. He was friendly and took a lot of time gathering information. The office staff was friendly and helpful. I would most definately recommend Dr. Miller and Neurology & Neuroscience Associates, Inc.
in Akron, OH |
THE WORST. My grandmother went there and first, Dr. Miller was rude, condescending, and seemed to think he was better than everyone else. On top of that, her results were not sent to family doctor (like we requested). My grandma had to go pick them up and take them to her doctor. Then her doctor was concerned with the results and is sending her to another neurologist because of what showed on the MRI. Dr. Miller said everything was fine and didn't mention any concerns at all. RIDICULOUS.
in Akron, OH |
My visit with Dr. Miller was one of the worst emotional medical experiences I've had in my long life. He even asked me why did I come when my other Dr.(who had taken another position out of Ohio) said I should cone back if I had 4 or more headaches in a month, and to possibly get a Botox injection for the worsening Dystonia on my left side. He looked at me with disgust and said I''m not giving you anything My therapist said he must have thought I was trying to get drugs.
Have you seen Dr. Hugh Miller, MD?
Are you Dr. Miller?

Compare Dr. Miller

}

Dr. Miller's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Miller has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Miller's Board Certifications

• Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Parkinsonism
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Mayo Grad Sch Med

Completed in 1982

Mayo Grad Sch Med

Completed in 1985

Dr. Miller does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Miller and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology