Dr. Huey Tien, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Kleinert Kutz HCC PLLC 225 Abraham Flexner Way Ste 700 Louisville, KY 40202 Get Directions
Dr. Huey Tien, MD
Dr. Tien graduated from Chung Shan Medical University in 1986 and completed orthopedic residency at Taiwan Tao-Yuan General Hospital in Taiwan. He then served a one-year fellowship as a research fellow, one year as a clinical fellow, followed by another year as a senior fellow with the Christine M. Kleinert Institute for Hand and Microsurgery. He then completed a residency at the University of Louisville School of Medicine in General Surgery, with his final year serving as Administrative Chief Resident. He is board certified in General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery and Hand Surgery in Taiwan, and is board certified in General Surgery and Hand Surgery in the United States. He is currently a physician and partner with Kleinert Kutz Hand Care Center. He also is an associate clinical professor at the University of Louisville School of Medicine, Division of Hand Surgery, Department of Surgery and Department of Orthopedic Surgery. He is also the Chief of the Division of Hand Surgery in the Department of Surgery, School of Medicine at the University of Louisville. Dr. Tien is also a member of AO Musculoskeletal Trauma "Hand" Faculty and a fellow with the American College of Surgeons. He has been named "the Best Doctor" multiple times, by The Louisville Magazine voted by peer doctors. He specializes in arthritis, trauma, microsurgery, and nerve issues involved in upper extremities with a special interest in brachial plexus injuries.

Dr. Tien's Experience

See how Dr. Tien's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tien

Dr. Tien accepts 24 insurance carriers

Dr. Tien is now accepting new patients
Kleinert Kutz HCC PLLC225 Abraham Flexner Way Ste 700
Louisville, KY 40202
(502) 561-4263Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 8 hospitals where Dr. Tien has admitting privileges.

Dr. Tien's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tien to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Tien's Performance
in louisville, ky |
My thumb basal joint has bothered me for a long time. Dr. Tien was very thorough. Instead telling me what he wanted to do, he gave me all the options and helped me make decision that made most sense to me. I never feel the pressure that he only wanted to do surgery on me like the other doctor in town. Eventually, I decided to have surgery. Again, Dr. Tien was so thorough with details of surgery, which relieved my anxiety tremendously. Now, I am doing everything I like without any trouble.
in Louisville, KY |
I would recommend Dr. Tien. I had a issue with my right hand went to several doctors couldn't find what was wrong. Dr. Tien performed surgery and I am able to use my hand more and more every day.
Louisville, KY |
I was scheduled to see Dr. Tien twice and only saw a fellow both times. I left with minimal answers about my bilateral arm pain
in Seymour, IN |
Dr. Huey Tien is very knowledgeable about his craft. He has an awesome bedside manner. He makes me feel very at ease. Explains everything clearly and concisely. I can tell he loves his work, as he is always smiling and and jovial. His staff is as awesome as Dr. Tien. They make me feel welcome and always does whatever they need to do to help their patients. I have yet to have surgery, but would not want to have anyone else operating on me for the issues I have.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Tien and his staff (fellows, nurses, anesthesiologists and administrative staff at the Kleinert Kutz hand surgical center in New Albany are professional and helpful. Dr. Tien himself is a joyful surgeon who does great work. He listens to his patients and in my case, his professional opinion coincided with my desire to have surgery sooner than later so that I could start a new career. I enthusiastically recommend him and his practice to all who'll listen!
Louisville, KY |
I was so nervous about having surgery. I have fairly bad anxiety and everyone was so great. Dr. Tien is knowledgeable? and the entire staff was amazing. You should 100% trust Dr. Tien and staff, couldn't have gone better.
Knifley, Kentucky |
Dr. Tien operated on my right hand to repair a boxer break -- he did an excellent job. He was very definitive in what my results should be, and very good about answering all my questions.
in Shelbyville,Ky |
I love Dr.Tien and his staff they are wonderful and caring . I would recommend Dr.Tien to everyone I know he's the greatest hand surgery in the world. There isn't enough words to describe Dr.Tien.
in Louisville, KY |
He was the most compassionate doctor I have ever encountered. He consulted on my mother's injury, he was very thorough in explaining pro and cons of surgery as it related to her condition. He gave us all the time we needed to ask any questions, and answers any concerns we may have. After surgery, his follow up with her went above and beyond what we ever expected. His bedside manner was second to none.
in Clarksville, IN & Louisville, Ky |
Doctor Tien is very educated and is very good with explaining when asking questions. I love the fact that he does his best at getting you back to normal after undergoing surgeries. He keeps his promises!!! Very friendly and communicates well with his patients. He makes my visits fun and full of laughter! Thanks Dr. Tien for your service.
in Louisville, KY |
Great bedside manner and very knowledgeable and informative.
in Louisville, KY |
I was assigned Dr Tien after the retirement of Dr Scheker. Dr Scheker had performed surgery on left hand and wrist (Scheker implant and carpal tunnel). Dr. Tien was assigned my case from my 18 month check up. He did not take the time to review my chart before the appointment. I had to tell him that I had the surgery, he thought I was there for an injection in my wrist for arthritis. He stated that we needed to conduct an ENM test to determine if my pain was from carpal tunnel, if had review
in Elizabeth, IN |
Very Very happy with the care Dr Tien gave me. He was very straight forward and answered all question before surgery and was a phone call away after surgery.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Tien is a very friendly, knowledgeable, brilliant surgeon. I have had two surgeries with Dr. Tien as my primary care provider with one more in August. After the first surgery my arm was healing very well until an infection began to develop in the pin sites from my first surgery in Thailand.
in 905 Whelan Rd. Vine Grove, Ky 40175 |
Dr.Tien performed surgery on my left hand for Dupuytren's and I couldn't have asked for a better job and healing .
Have you seen Dr. Huey Tien, MD?
Are you Dr. Tien?

Compare Dr. Tien

Dr. Tien says...

Dr. Tien's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery and Hand Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Kentucky not available

Dr. Tien has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

Why It Matters: Dr. Tien's Board Certifications

• Broken Arm
  • Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Pediatric Fractures
  • Peripheral Nerve Injuries
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Trigger Finger

Graduated in 1982

• Chinese
  • Mandarin
  • Taiwanese

Dr. Tien does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tien and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery