Dr. Hrayr K. Shahinian, MD

Dr. Hrayr K. Shahinian, MD

Neurological Skull Base Surgery | Male

Skull Base Institute 8635 W 3rd St Ste 1170W, Los Angeles, CA 90048 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Shahinian's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Shahinian's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shahinian

Reviewing Dr. Shahinian

Dr. Shahinian's Review Details
4.5 based on 107 responses
Experience with Dr. Shahinian
Dr. Shahinian's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (85)
in Kathleen, GA |
Worst experience ever! My brain surgery with him was January of this year. I had major complications and they left me to die. Luckily a local doctor saved my life with even more surgeries to correct it. Still no response from anyone there. He shouldn't be allowed to operate on anyone!!!
in Poole, Dorset, UK |
I was given no hope in the UK, my brain tumour was going to take my life until I found this amazing surgeon. Dr. Shahinian gave me my life back. This man has a gift from God, his confidence and skilful surgery cannot be surpassed. If you want the best Dr.Shahinian is it. Everything was dealt with professionally and compassionately and he has great staff.
Las Cruces, NM |
Dr. Shahinian and his staff at The Skullbase Institute were amazing. Genuine, caring & profession.
in San Jose, CA |
Ten years later and so grateful that I had my AN removed by Dr. S.
in Eugene, OR |
Dr. Shahinian is by far the most outstanding and professional Doctor in the field of Neurosurgery utilizing fully endoscopic procedures. The man is a gracious gentleman and well deserving of praise for his surgical skills and pioneering surgical techniques to make people's lives better. I am in very good health today because of Dr. Shahinian's expertise and dedication in removing an aggressive Pituitary tumor which had penetrated deep into my cavernous sinus. I will always be grateful!!
in NY, NY |
Dr. Shahinian is a miracle worker. I was told time and time again by multiple neurosurgeons that my tumor was in operable due to its size and location. The moment I called this institute I knew I was in the right place. His team is extremely knowledgeable, helpful and caring. I am forever grateful to him for giving you my life back.
in Athens, GA |
Before seeing Dr. Shahinian I discovered I had a 3 cm papillary pineal tumor. Due to its rarity, loved ones wanted to make sure I received the best possible treatment. And let me say, Shahinian is the very best option. He is an extremely skilled surgeon and his bedside manner is phenomenal. I will always recommend him!
in Tunbridge ,Vt |
I couldn't be happer with the out come of the removal of my acoustic neurona by Dr Shahinian. I was up and walking the next day after surgery.His method is the very best way to have this done and he is the absolute best Dr that you will ever meet.A super nice person that you can have absoule confidence in.
in Seattle, wa |
I had surgery a few years ago for a pineal cyst that so many doctors ignored. I can't exprest how grateful I am to have had a doctor take me seriously and put my life back on track.
in Ashburn, VA |
My experience with Dr. Shahinian was absolutely wonderful! His surgery on my skull based brain tumor one year ago saved my life. I will be grateful to this doctor every day the rest of my life. I am so thankful I found him. My tumor was considered by the best neurosurgeons to be inoperable. He completely and safely removed my tumor (which was pressed against the brain stem & 3 cranial nerves, with an artery running through it). At 27 years old, I faced a very scary future, until Dr. Shahinian.
Dr. Shahinian and his staff are life savers. He is a gifted surgeon and a very compassionate medical professional.
in MA |
It is very rare to find a doctor as honest as Dr. Shahinian. I have seen numerous neurologists and neurosurgeons over the years, and I have never felt more confident and comfortable than I was with Dr. Shahinian and his recommendation for my diagnoses. I am so grateful to have found him & would recommend him to anyone, hands down the best!
in Chicago, IL |
I have a rare vascular abnormality that fused to my 7th & 8th nerve. For years I had a heart beat sound in my head that was getting louder & more severe. I felt that suicide was my only option because neurologists could not help me. Then I found Dr. Shahinian who helped my symptoms dramatically. However, I have problems with dizziness - not his fault at all. I have pictures of inside my brain. I would not be here if he did not help me. Tough times don't last - Tough people do!
I felt very at ease when speaking with Dr. Shahinian, I finally got answers to the many questions I've had for quite some time. I wasn't pushed in any direction just able to get answers.
in Wayland, NY |
Dr Shahinian performed a Pineal gland cyst resection on 6/30/15. I could not have been more happy with the outcome. The office staff was always very helpful and friendly. My pre op apt went well and he explained everything so we could understand it. He gave me my life back i cant explain it any other way. I had dizziness, blurred vision, memory issues and much more and they are almost completely gone. Its insane how much better I feel.
in Puyallup, WA |
Doctor was not a neurosurgeon at the time he operated on me. Operation caused immediate excruciating head ache after surgery and continued to worsen until local neurosurgeons corrected the problem two months later. Uncaring staff and doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Hrayr K. Shahinian, MD?
Are you Dr. Hrayr K. Shahinian, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Neurological Skull Base Surgery

• Interventional Endoscopy
  • Microsurgical Procedure
  • Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision
  • Transphenoidal Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

University of Chicago

• National Aeronautics and Space Administration Innovation Award, 2008
    • Bachelor of Science with Distinction, 1981
    • Thomas E. Brittingham Housestaff Teaching Award, 1991
    • Docotor of Medicine with Distinction, 1985

Dr. Shahinian has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic
  • Armenian
  • French
  • Korean

Dr. Shahinian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shahinian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Shahinian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurological Skull Base Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Shahinian

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Shahinian's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Shahinian

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Shahinian's Care Philosophy

The Skull Base Institute is passionately committed to advancing the field of skull base and brain surgery through innovation, research and education. We integrate superior technology with unparalleled personalized care, resulting in a world-class patient experience second to none. With state-of-the-art facilities to ensure the highest standards of scientific excellence, SBI is dedicated to restoring and improving human life while maintaining uncompromising values of quality, compassion, ethics and integrity.