Cataract Surgery  |
Dr. Howard Weiss, MD
Dr. Howard Weiss, MD is a cataract surgery doctor who practices in Chevy Chase, MD. He is 59 years old. Dr. Weiss is affiliated with Medstar Washington Hospital Center and Medstar Georgetown University Hospital.

Washington Eye Phys & Surgns

5454 Wisconsin Ave Ste 950

Chevy Chase, MD 20815

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Weiss

Dr. Weiss is a highly skilled cataract and glaucoma surgeon. His colleagues consult him regularly for his expertise in surgery and laser treatment, including the use of astigmatic and multifocal lens implants to provide improved vision and freedom from eyeglasses for many of his cataract patients. His practice encompasses all of general ophthalmology and is complemented by teaching at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Georgetown University, and the Washington Hospital Center.

Dr. Weiss' Experience

Dr. Weiss' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cataract Surgery

• Blindness
  • Cataract
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Intraocular Lens Implant Surgery
  • Laser Surgery
  • Sutureless Cataract Surgery
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Yale University
  • Harvard-Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Harvard University School Of Public Health
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Weiss has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Weiss does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Weiss and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Weiss' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Weiss to family and friends
Dr. Weiss' Performance
Bethesda, MD 20816 |
Had cataract surgery in both eyes with Dr. Weiss. Both procedures were painless and totally effective. The support staff was outstanding and Dr. Weiss explained the procedure several times to me including immediately before surgery. He also was happy to answer any additional questions I had. Since this was my first real surgery, he put my mind at rest with his description of the procedure and expected outcomes.
in Washington, DC |
Easy appointments. Clear explanation of procedure and risks. Close follow up. An extremely courteous and considerate physician.
Arlington, VA |
Dr Weiss performed two cataract surgeries on me, and I cannot say enough about how excellent he is! His expertise, skill, and demeanor are far and above most doctors. I truly appreciated his attentiveness to my issue, his doctor/patient relationship skills, and his overall manner caring for me from beginning to end. He has many years of experience doing eye surgery; he enjoys his work - because I asked him, and he is reassuring, compassionate, and professional. He is the BEST of the BEST!
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Weiss is an outstanding eye surgeon. He recently replaced the lenses in my eyes due to cataracts. He shows a true interest in the patient and spends sufficient time to explain and thoroughly answer any questions. I never felt hurried or pressured. His post-surgery follow-up care was also excellent. I highly recommend him for anyone contemplating cataract surgery.
in Silver Spring, MD |
I had cataract surgery on both eyes and my vision for distance was returned to 20/20 in both eyes. I was very impressed with every phase of this procedure. His office is very well equipped and all of the individuals who assisted in the procedure were professional, competent, efficient and made sure you were comfortable at every stage. The surgery clinic was amazingly competent and you felt at ease with every step. I highly recommend Dr. Weiss.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Weiss operated on my eye for cataract removal, and from beginning to end, with his excellent staff, I was treated with kindness and patience. Their professionalism was perfect, and I had brilliant vision the day after surgery,. There was no pain, and his anesthesiologist was wonderful. I had brilliant vision the day after surgery. Dr. Weiss inspires confidence, and performs accordingly.
in Silver Spring, MD |
My experience with Dr. Weiss was very positive. He was very patient, knowledgeable, and polite as well as having extensive experience in visual conditions and surgery. He called me after the surgery to check on me and gave me his cell # in case I had any questions. He did an excellent job for me and I would highly recommend him to anyone needing this type of treatment.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Excellent surgeon - great personality - very professional and caring.
in McLean, VA |
I highly recommend Dr. Weiss. He did cataract surgery on both of my eyes, and I am very pleased with the results. In addition to the excellent results of the surgery, I was also very impressed with Dr. Weiss' friendly, professional manner and his thoroughness in examining my eyes. I had lots of questions, and he patiently answered them. I have never felt rushed during my office visits with him. I have also been impressed with the technicians and other office staff.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Weiss was extremely professional in his interaction with me with an excellent outcome related to my cataract surgery. His follow-up care and personal interaction after surgery was most reassuring. I would recommend him to anyone seeking eye care and/or eye surgery.
Rushed Inexperienced technician Expensive tests not covered by insurance encouraged
in Silver Spring |
He explained all options clearly. I never thought I would say that I enjoyed surgery, but I really did. No pain or discomfort. After the surgery everything was much clearer. Also, whites are much whiter.
in Kensington, MD |
Have seen Dr. Weiss for many years. Have found him very thorough, professional, and courteous. He takes the time to explain implications.
in Germantown, MD |
Did unnecessary procedures not covered by insurance, very poor bedside manner, dishonest in filling out paperwork
Have you seen Dr. Howard Weiss, MD?
Are you Dr. Weiss?

Visit Dr. Weiss

Dr. Weiss accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
    Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union WC
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Blue Preferred PPO
    CareFirst Maryland POS
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Hospitals where Dr. Weiss has admitting privileges