Psychiatry  |
Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD
Dr. Rudominer's extensive psychodynamic and psychoanalytic training in the 1970's prepared him extremely well for this dual role. He began his full time private psychiatric practice in New York City. He is board certified in child, adolescent and adult psychiatry. During the 1980's he founded Brooklyn Center for Families in Crisis, a non-profit state-licensed mental health center designed to help meet the social and mental health needs of the community.In 1993, after 20 years in private practice, Dr. Rudominer relocated his full-time child, adolescent and adult psychiatric and psychoanalytic practice from NYC to Livingston, NJ. In 2005 Dr. Rudominer once again felt, as he did in the 1980's when he founded Brooklyn Center for Families in Crisis along side his private practice, that he needed to expand his private practice to meet the needs of many patients and families that he could no longer service as a solo practitioner.In addition to his private practice and clinical experience, Dr. Rudominer is the author of numerous psychiatric and psychoanalytic articles in professional journals and books; He is an assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at NYU Medical Center and has taught and lectured on a variety of mental health topics; has appeared on local radio; and continues to receive advanced training, and certification in the use of new types of treatments.See attached CV for additional details.

59 Springbrook Rd

Livingston, NJ 07039

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Rudominer

PLEASE READ MY WEBSITE. Just type in Howard Rudominer, M.D.P.A. and you will find it. As a board certified child, adolescent and adult psychiatrist with 41 years of experience, I have extensive experience treating patients with a wide range of psychiatric disorders. I have been listed as one of the best psychiatrists in the USA and Canada specializing in the treatment of Mood Disorders on a leading depression website. I have been honored with the 2012 and 2013 Patients' Choice & Most Compassionate Doctor's Awards.

Dr. Rudominer's training gives him the expertise to treat the "whole patient" with psychotherapy and medication if needed. Dr. Rudominer believes that, if possible, it is always best for the patient and family to deal with only one clinician rather than deal with a psychiatrist just for medication and a separate psychologist or social worker for counseling. He is also an expert in second opinions.

Dr. Rudominer's Experience

Dr. Rudominer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Child Psychiatry and Psychiatry

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Disruptive Behavior Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Pediatric Counseling
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Rutgers U
  • Kings Co Hospital SUNY Brooklyn
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1974
  • Ny Univ/Nyu Med Ctr
    Other Education | Completed 1981

Dr. Rudominer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rudominer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rudominer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rudominer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rudominer to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Rudominer's Performance
I have been seeing Dr. Rudy for about 2 years now. He has brought me to a better place both emotionally and physically. Not only is he available when I need him, but accommodates my business schedule. I can, without hesitation, recommend his services. He is caring, compassionate and extremely intelligent. He is truly one of a kind!
in Wyckoff, NJ |
Excellent doctor, especially if you have been recently diagnosed and are looking for guidance. Dr. Rudominer helped me get through a difficult time and gave me the tools to thrive after I was feeling better.
in Bloomfield, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Rudi for several years and I have stayed with him primarily for two reasons. First he still cares about his patients. I originally went to him for ADD. Rather than just prescribing medication, he actually took the time to discuss it with me. Habits, personal issues, and how to help stay on track. He still does. Secondly, he's good at what he does. Often, he will pickup on problems, even when I don't bring them up. He is very easy to work with and always plays it straight.
I have been a patient of Dr. Rudominer for several years now. In all this time I still find him kind, considerate, compassionate, and caring. Always attentive and always available if needed, he has helped me with my depression and anxiety greatly. He is a very caring physician, listens attentively, and guides you in the right direction. IM thankful.
Union, NJ |
This doctor told me upfront he charges $200 for psychiatry an hour, $300 if therapy is included. He is very smart. Ridiculous prices, especially if you are sick and can't work because of your illness. This is a shame that doctors are like this.
Although I take all reviews about my treatment of patients seriously, this review apparently was based on one telephone contact. Of course I tell patients what my initial evaluation fee is as every patient wants to know. Actually, these are not my fees at all. i don't know from where she got to these figures, but what she stated, which is very low for a very experienced board certified psychiatrist with 44 years of experience, is certainly not "ridiculous!"
in Long Island City, NY |
I have been seeing Dr Rudominer off and on since 78’ and he has truly been involved in every major facet of my life. He has been my doctor, Guru and teacher. While 39 years may seem a very long time, I am not a typical person nor have I lived an average life. Dr R has been with me from adolescence…starting my own company at 18…first marriage…my son…my volunteer work during 9/11 and the resulting cancer 5 years later…my divorce…my quest for true love and my current marriage. I am now in a amazing
Long Island City, NY |
I came to New York just 6 years ago from a small European country. When I arrived I had zero expectation of marriage, entering therapy or even staying in the US. Where I’m from the very concept of going to a psychiatrist to discuss problems goes against our traditions. I met Dr R through my boyfriend and subsequent husband. My boyfriend and I knew we had many differences culturally, religiously as well as a 17-year age gap. After seeing Dr R the first time, hearing his perspective and humor
in NJ |
Dr. Rudominer has worked tirelessly and effortlessly to understand the root of my problems. He is attentive, caring, understanding, and most of all he is compassionate. Dr. Rudominer does not see me as an ill individual but as an individual with an illness that can be cured. Through tough love, hard work and dedication, Dr. Rudominer is continuously helping me to become a better person. I highly recommend his services. He truly is one of a kind doctor and the best of the best.
Bloomfield, NJ |
Dr. Rudominer is very caring and extremely knowledgeable. We have been using him for five years and are very impressed with his ability to accurately diagnose and treat all issues appropriately. Highly recommended.
north arlington |
My experience was a phone contact which was pleasant at first. Then after a second phone call his tone of voice seemed agitated. For that reason alone I decided not to make an appointment.
I am one of the few psychiatrists who answer their own phone calls. The person called me with severe panic attacks and not being able to leave the house. This person wanted a home visit or Skype session. Although I told her how badly I felt for her and that I did not make home visits or do Skype on an initial evaluation. She became demanding and called me several more times. It is true that I was mildly abrupt on her the last phone call after trying very hard to be of help to her.
Have you seen Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?

Visit Dr. Rudominer