Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD

Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 78

Telehealth services available

Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Livingston, NJ. He is affiliated with medical facilities Saint Barnabas Medical Center and NYU Langone Health Tisch Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Rudominer to book an appointment.

Howard S. Rudominer, M.D., P.A.

Howard S. Rudominer, M.D., P.A.59 SPRINGBROOK RD Livingston, NJ 07039

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Rudominer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rudominer

4.5

Dr. Rudominer?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (67)
  • Appointment scheduling (66)
  • Listened & answered questions (66)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (7)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (7)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (6)
Dr. Rudy is very experienced and knowledgeable his field. Our child has been in his care for the past couple of years. He is very professional and always available when needed. We are very grateful to have him as our therapist. Highly recommended.
UKR – May 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
I can’t thank Dr. Rudominer enough for helping me turn my life around. I don’t know where I would be today if it wasn’t for him. He truly cares and wants the best for his patients. He is always there to listen and guide me through any struggles I’m going through. Dr. Rudominer is the best hands down!
Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Rudominer for nearly two years. He is a kind and compassionate physician, and he is always accommodating of my work schedule. I appreciate how much he has helped me, my life is now better than ever! He encourages me to set goals and reach those goals. I even remember my first appointment with him, he must have noticed I was a little nervous because he offered me a cup of tea! I would totally recommend Dr Rudominer to anyone who is looking for a great doctor!
Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
From my first visit with Dr Rudominer, I knew I was in good hands. I knew after the first session, there was no need to look for another therapist. I was comfortable. I felt a connection. I felt safe. Dr Rudominer understands. He cares. He gives you his complete undivided attention and helps you to help yourself. He listens very carefully, then, he explains why your emotions are getting the best of you and most importantly, he explains how to get ahold of those emotions. You leave his office feeling refreshed. You feel hope for a better future. This can only come from a professional doctor with experience. Dr Rudominer is a fine doctor and a caring human being. You can not ask for a better combination.
Jul 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
Dr. Rudominer SAVED MY SON! We had try other doctors, medicines, and nothing worked, nothing changed... on the contrary things were getting worse because my son was losing hope and didn’t want to live anymore. Dr. Rudominer was the only professional that understood my son’s mind and was able to get to the root of the problem. He got my son out of that dark, deep, painful hole he had fallen in. I will be grateful to Dr. Rudominer until the end of my days!
Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
Never had a chance to experiment Dr. Rudominer. My son was desperately looking for someone to help him. E-mailed his office with a request to schedule an appointment since he seemed to be someone that could really help. Was kind of a desperate situation and we were hoping to finally get the help my son needed. Well...my son and I left e-mails asking for a return call, my son left two messages on Dr's voice mail and we literally heard absolutely nothing. If this is the way, this doctor treats his practice, I would never recommend someone like this to anyone with a real problem and desperate. That being said, he maybe is paying patients for all of his good reviews. The only reason I gave out stars since without them I was unable to leave this review.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Eva Frese – Sep 04, 2019
I am very sorry that this patient did not get the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
Most knowledgeable, compassionate, caring, available doctor a patient could possibly ask for. Easy to talk to about anything. He got me off of 3 psychiatric medicines I was on for 20 years within months of seeing him. 100% off. My wife was on lithium for bi-polar for 40 years. Within her first session he said what makes you think you are bi-polar. Suffice it to say she is off of lithium now with no problems. I could go on with many accolades, but I think no more needs to be said.
Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Rudy for about 2 years now. He has brought me to a better place both emotionally and physically. Not only is he available when I need him, but accommodates my business schedule. I can, without hesitation, recommend his services. He is caring, compassionate and extremely intelligent. He is truly one of a kind!
Oct 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
Excellent doctor, especially if you have been recently diagnosed and are looking for guidance. Dr. Rudominer helped me get through a difficult time and gave me the tools to thrive after I was feeling better.
KAP in Wyckoff, NJ – Jul 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Rudi for several years and I have stayed with him primarily for two reasons. First he still cares about his patients. I originally went to him for ADD. Rather than just prescribing medication, he actually took the time to discuss it with me. Habits, personal issues, and how to help stay on track. He still does. Secondly, he's good at what he does. Often, he will pickup on problems, even when I don't bring them up. He is very easy to work with and always plays it straight.
C. A. in Bloomfield, NJ – May 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Rudominer for several years now. In all this time I still find him kind, considerate, compassionate, and caring. Always attentive and always available if needed, he has helped me with my depression and anxiety greatly. He is a very caring physician, listens attentively, and guides you in the right direction. IM thankful.
KW – Apr 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
This doctor told me upfront he charges $200 for psychiatry an hour, $300 if therapy is included. He is very smart. Ridiculous prices, especially if you are sick and can't work because of your illness. This is a shame that doctors are like this.
Union, NJ – Jan 11, 2017
Although I take all reviews about my treatment of...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Rudominer off and on since 78’ and he has truly been involved in every major facet of my life. He has been my doctor, Guru and teacher. While 39 years may seem a very long time, I am not a typical person nor have I lived an average life. Dr R has been with me from adolescence…starting my own company at 18…first marriage…my son…my volunteer work during 9/11 and the resulting cancer 5 years later…my divorce…my quest for true love and my current marriage. I am now in a amazing
Bruce in Long Island City, NY – Sep 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
I came to New York just 6 years ago from a small European country. When I arrived I had zero expectation of marriage, entering therapy or even staying in the US. Where I’m from the very concept of going to a psychiatrist to discuss problems goes against our traditions. I met Dr R through my boyfriend and subsequent husband. My boyfriend and I knew we had many differences culturally, religiously as well as a 17-year age gap. After seeing Dr R the first time, hearing his perspective and humor
Long Island City, NY – Sep 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
Dr. Rudominer has worked tirelessly and effortlessly to understand the root of my problems. He is attentive, caring, understanding, and most of all he is compassionate. Dr. Rudominer does not see me as an ill individual but as an individual with an illness that can be cured. Through tough love, hard work and dedication, Dr. Rudominer is continuously helping me to become a better person. I highly recommend his services. He truly is one of a kind doctor and the best of the best.
Jeff R. in NJ – Sep 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
Dr. Rudominer is very caring and extremely knowledgeable. We have been using him for five years and are very impressed with his ability to accurately diagnose and treat all issues appropriately. Highly recommended.
Bloomfield, NJ – Jan 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?
My experience was a phone contact which was pleasant at first. Then after a second phone call his tone of voice seemed agitated. For that reason alone I decided not to make an appointment.
north arlington – Jan 09, 2016
I am one of the few psychiatrists who answer...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Rudominer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rudominer?

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check Dr. Rudominer's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Rudominer's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Rudominer performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of his peers

Psychiatric Evaluation

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Rudominer accepts

Dr. Rudominer accepts the following insurance:

We do not accept health insurance

PLEASE READ MY WEBSITE. Just type in Howard Rudominer, M.D.P.A. and you will find it. As a board certified child, adolescent and adult psychiatrist...Read more

Dr. Rudominer's extensive psychodynamic and psychoanalytic training in the 1970's prepared him extremely well for this dual role. He began his full time...Read more

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry