Dr. Howard Rosen, MD

Dr. Howard Rosen, MD

Endocrinology  |

Dr. Howard Rosen, MD is an endocrinology doctor who practices in North Kansas City, MO. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Read his story

Hellman & Rosen Endocrine Associates, PC

2790 Clay Edwards Dr Ste 1250

North Kansas City, MO 64116

• American Republic
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CoreSource
  • Freedom Health
  • HealthSmart
  • Medicaid of Missouri
  • Medico
  • PHCS

Learn about Dr. Rosen

See how frequently Dr. Rosen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes Type 1
Hypothyroidism
Thyroid Disease

Dr. Rosen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Rosen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Rosen "Howard Rosen, M.D., F.A.C.E., E.C.N.U, is a native of Philadelphia and received his undergraduate degree from Johns Hopkins University and graduated from Penn State School of Medicine. He received his residency training at University of Maryland Hospital and his Fellowship in Endocrinology at the University of Michigan before joining this practice in 1989. Dr. Rosen is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology / Metabolism. He is a Fellow of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. He has achieved Endocrine Certification in Neck Ultrasound and is the first and one of the few physicians in this region to accomplish this voluntary certification. He is a member of the Endocrine Society, the American Medical Association, the American Diabetes Association and many additional professional societies. He is a frequent lecturer in our community on diabetes and endocrine topics and has participated in the research programs of the Heart of America Diabetes Research Foundation. He is married and is an avid jazz enthusiast."

• Endocrinology

• Diabetes Type 1
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
  • Diabetic Ketoacidosis
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Diabetes Counseling

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Pa State Univ Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • University Of Maryland Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • University Of Maryland Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • University Of Michigan Hospitals
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Rosen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rosen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rosen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rosen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rosen to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Rosen's Performance
Kansas City, KS |
Seemed detailed and through, needs were put into consideration on the first visit. I'm finding it easy to transition over to Dr. Rosen after man years with atop Physician in another state.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr Roseman is very punctual. He takes care of my every health needs. He has managed my diabetes very well. My blood sugar is under control.
in Lawson, MO |
Have known Dr Rosen for years. Worked at NKCH and saw how good he was. Dr Rosen is highly intelligent with a lot of common sense. He is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. If Dr Rosen tells me I have a problem with my health I would trust him to .know. Dr Rosen is one of the best Doctors in Kansas City.
in Parkville, MO |
If you're looking for a physician who is thorough in management of a patient's case, asks pertinent questions and shows compassion, then Dr. Rosen is your man. Dedicated to both his profession and his patients, Dr. Rosen is exceptional in his field.
in cameron |
He is very nice and friendly. Always walk you to next person you see.If you are finished he walks you to checkout
in Kansas City |
I was very impressed with Dr. Rosen; this was my initial visit. I feel I have made the right decision in choosing an endocrinologist.
in Kansas City, MO 64154 |
Dr. Rosen is a very exceptional Dr.. He listens well and helps me to understand my issues very well. Plus he is just a good guy!
in North Kansas City, Missouri |
If you have diabetes, he is the guy to trust with your diagnosis and treatment.
in Atchison, KS |
I'd definitely recommend him to family & friends. I think he's fabulous. Sometimes I feel like I'm just going to update statistics though. And my last visit, I froze in that room. And I was left in there for about an hour. Usually they're very prompt so I was not too happy. But I would still recommend him.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Rosen is very understanding on any issue that you have and will give you answers to any questions or concerns that you may have, he is such a good Doctor!
Lumberton, TX |
Great listener, willing to work with other physicians, I think he stays on track with my condition.
Smithville, MO |
We talked about doing a fasting glucose test but the receptionist didn't schedule me. I gues there was a mix up with the lab no big deal. Will do at next visit. He also talked about doing a thyroid hormone uptake test that also was not scheduled. the scheduling receptionist was very rude and just dismissed my questions so I guess that will have to wait too.
in Weston, Mo |
I'm kind of a hard person to please but ever since the day I first met Dr. Rosen I have been both impressed and pleased. One example of his care for patients: I had a surgery which was not in his field but he had helped me get healthy enough to have this much needed procedure. Who do I see approaching my bed at pre-op? Dr. Rosen who wanted to be sure that my sugar levels were monitored carefully to prevent any incident. Now that's caring.
Milo, IA |
Yes I would.
Kansas City, MO |
Had an AWFUL experience. He spent 2 minutes with me, didn't listen to me, told me nothing was wrong, and drew a TON of labs. I keep getting billed for "unknown" things because the staff can't tell me what they are for. Office staff is rude and not helpful. I do not recommend this doctor to anyone. Stay away!!
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the experience you received with our practice. Please contact our Administrator, Judy Lessenden, at 816-421-3700, and she will be happy to discuss this with you. We never want our patients to feel that they are not being listened to or that their treatment isn't understood, and our administrative staff is always willing to talk to our patients if there are any complaints.
in Smithville, MO |
Always pleasant, professional and on point. PLEASE put the *required survey online as an option so that we don't have to pencil that in every time at check in.
in Edgerton Missouri |
I have always like seeing Dr. Rosen . he always lets me know if there is more and and answers all my questions. Sherry Douglas
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Rosen has been my endocrinologist for many years. I value his professional opinion and medical care. He always listens, and is receptive to my concerns/needs. His office staff is professional, accommodating, and very nice. I love his nurse practitioners, and highly recommend this office to my own family and friends.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Rosen is very complete in his exams and takes the time to listen to his patients. After each appointment I feel that my diabetes is being closely monitored to mitigate any complications in the future.
Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Rosen is a Dr. I have great confidence in. He is quite pleasant and thoroughly looks over your files and any complaints you might have, he takes the time to explain them to you, or will send you a referral to another Dr. If your insurance requires. Very Happy having him as my Dr.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Rosen is a very thorough doctor. I have total trust and confidence in him treating me for my medical conditions,
Kansas City, MO |
I feel that the visits with Dr Rosen and in depth and that he does truly care about his patients
in Kreeger |
Dr. Rosen is always very thoughtful about answering my questions thoroughly and I appreciate that a lot. I've never had an urgent appointment so I will not be able to grade that part of this survey.
Kansas City, MO |
Extremely thorough and attentive. Always seems to run on time.
in Kansas City, MO |
Would recommend Dr. Rosen to family, friend or acquaintance without hesitation. Always makes me feel very comfortable whether it's to talk or to have a procedure done. Value his opinion completely.
St Joseph, MO |
he is a caring thoughtful physician who I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone .
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Rosen is the most thorough MD that I have been to. I have full confidence that he will get to the bottom of my issue.
in Kansas City, MO |
I have been seeing Dr. Rosen for many years. I think he is the best! He is very intelligent and thorough, and I trust him completely. During my appointment yesterday we discussed several issues, one of which was that he recommended that I be seen by a urologist. However, we both forgot about it during other conversations, so I would like to know who he thinks I should see. I have recommended Dr. Rosen to many friends as the best physician I have ever had.
Have you seen Dr. Howard Rosen, MD?

Visit Dr. Rosen

Dr. Rosen accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • American Republic
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Select

Hospitals where Dr. Rosen has admitting privileges

North Kansas City Hospital
2800 Clay Edwards Dr
North Kansas City, MO 64116

More Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists like Dr. Rosen at North Kansas City Hospital

Endocrinology Specialist