Dr. Howard Mitz, DO

Gastroenterology ·  Male · Age 61

Dr. Mitz

North Country Gastroenterology

22O Cottage St Littleton, NH 03561

Dr. Howard Mitz, DO is a gastroenterology specialist in Littleton, NH and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from Kansas City College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 1985 and specializes in gastroenterology and internal medicine.

Dr. Mitz accepts

Dr. Mitz accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Universal American
WellPoint

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for New Hampshire

Check Dr. Mitz's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Mitz's Top Procedures and Conditions

Noninfectious Gastroenteritis and Colitis

Dr. Mitz treats Noninfectious Gastroenteritis and Colitis more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Mitz treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Dr. Mitz treats Gastrointestinal Bleeding more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Mitz treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Lower Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage

• Dysphagia
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
  • Noninfectious Gastroenteritis and Colitis
  • Pancreatitis
  • Peptic Ulcer
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Pyloric Stenosis

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mitz

Dr. Mitz?
Dr. Mitz's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Howard Mitz, DO
Dr. Mitz and his team are caring and patient and strike a wonderful balance of fun and friendly while still being professional. It was a nice change to have an endoscopic procedure in an office setting rather than a hospital. Very reassuring to be part of the "checking out" process before being put under anesthesia and to have Dr. Mitz, a familiar face, present at the "going to sleep". Also nice to get instant report of the results rather than having to wait a few days. I would give 5 stars except for the wait time. As noted, the Mitz team is patient which likely contributed to running behind schedule in my couple of visits. I'll just plan for that in future.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
Dr. Mitz and his staff are top-notch! They take the very best care of their patients, from the time of booking, throughout the procedure, and in follow-up. I have had only excellent care from everyone at North Country Gastroenterology, and I am grateful for not only their high-quality service but for their wonderful personalities.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
I had my procedure done by Dr Mitz and his helpers. They were above my expectations again. Their performance was great. Dr Mitz answered my questions completely and to my knowledge. He was patient and carful with me. I had health complications and he didn't take chances. I would trust him and his office with taking care of my 5 kids and 2 son-in-laws, and three grandkids but they are in good health now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
This was the second colonoscopy with Dr. Mitz and Staff and I was treated very well both times. Ken P. Littleton NH 03/08/19
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
For many years, I had horrible gastrointestinal issues. Over those years, I was under the care of 4 different gastroenterologists before trying Doctor Mitz. None of those previous 4 doctors could find the source of the problems I was experiencing. They simply took the approach of treating the symptoms with an increasing amount of prescription drugs. Dr. Mitz discovered the root cause of the problems, and under his care those gastrointestinal problems have ceased to exist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
Dr. Mitz is awesome! He is thorough and very knowledgeable. After seeing a few different GI doctors, I was referred to Dr. Mitz and he’s the one who figured everything out. His whole clinical and clerical staff is amazing as well! Super friendly, funny, clean and punctual. I’ve recommended him to many friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
I have been seeing Dr Mitz for over three years for Crohns disease. Prior to seeing Dr. Mitz, I was being seen by another doctor in Somersworth NH. I can tell you that the care between the two is of no comparison. Dr, Mitz requires monthly labs for me, my other doctor was ONCE a year. Dr. Mitz asks several times during my appointment if I have any questions, which is helpful. He is flexible as to where I have my labs drawn, to make my life easier regarding travel. He is an A+ doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
Looks down on people. Not a good listener.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
Recently needed an EGD and Colonoscopy and it was a relief to find that North Country excelled in providing professional patient diagnosis, testing procedures and followup. The outpatient facility was calming and each procedure were expedient and explained in detail. The nursing, anesthesiologist and office staff were not just competent in their field of expertise, but also kind, caring, attentive, humorous and informative.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
Dr. Mitz and his friendly highly professional staff far exceeded my expectations for my colonoscopy. The preparation prior to the procedure was so simple and easy that it was unbelievable to me after hearing so many other stories of friends having this procedure done by Doctors other than Dr. Mitz. The procedure itself was painless and performed in the comfortable setting of his office. I highly recommend Dr. Mitz and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
I would like to thank Dr Mitz and his professional staff for their excellence when i went there for a colonoscopy procedure on 4/22/18. It was done efficiently and i had a lot of fun conversations with his friendly staff. I got married and moved from Ct and I am very pleased to have found a new Gastroenterology. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone for any required procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
Dr. Howard Mitz is observant, knowledgeable, kind and caring. I fully trust this doctor with my well being. He is honest and direct. I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease over 12 years ago. His office and staff have your best interest at heart and I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a specialist in Gastroenterology. There is no doubt he is the best there is here in the North Country.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
Wonderful care. Dr.Mitz is thorough and patient. He genuinely seems to care for his patients. My procedure went perfectfully. The Nursing staff was also terrific.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
My husband Larry Leavitt is a patient of Dr. Mitz. We found him extremely kind, knowledgeable ,and honest with any question we asked.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
Dr. Mitz is the best specialist I have ever seen. He really listens to and respects his patients and is extremely knowledgeable. I have had 3 procedures done at the office and the staff who assists with those are all kind, caring, and compassionate. I would give 10 stars if I could !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
I have been a patient of Dr. Mitz for 15 years. I have had several routine & therapeutic procedures. I have always had all questions answered even if it was something I thought about later & called to ask. Dr. Mitz & staff are very professional & caring, the whole facility is very clean & comfortable. I have never had to wait past my scheduled apointment time. I am headed back again next week for scheduled routine exam, no doubt that I will be treated by a great doctor backed up by great team!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
Dr. Mitz and his staff were highly professional. I was nervous about having a procedure but the staff and nurse anesthetist made me feel very comfortable when I arrived.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
I had a very nice experience with North Country Gastroenterology and Dr. Mitz. My tiny complaint is that in the waiting room there was a radio on as well as a digital screen on, so I had to listen to two competing soundtracks.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
Dr. Mitz has now scoped me from both ends, so I feel qualified in an unconditionally positive review. He and his staff are unfailingly professional and thorough. Trust is a word associated with medical care less as time goes on; I trust Dr. Mitz without qualification.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
I had a dreaded colonoscopy (which I had put off for years). Dr. Mitz and his staff made it an (almost!) enjoyable experience. They took good care of me, and I have nothing negative to say.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Mitz?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Mitz treats patients.

Cottage Hospital