Dr. Howard Mitz, DO

Dr. Howard Mitz, DO

Gastroenterology | Male

Dr. Howard Mitz, DO is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Littleton, NH. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Mitz is affiliated with Cottage Hospital and Littleton Regional Hospital.

Dr. Mitz's Experience

See how Dr. Mitz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mitz

Dr. Mitz accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Mitz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mitz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mitz to family and friends
Dr. Mitz's Performance
Berlin, NH |
Dr. Mitz has now scoped me from both ends, so I feel qualified in an unconditionally positive review. He and his staff are unfailingly professional and thorough. Trust is a word associated with medical care less as time goes on; I trust Dr. Mitz without qualification.
Whitefield, NH |
I had a dreaded colonoscopy (which I had put off for years). Dr. Mitz and his staff made it an (almost!) enjoyable experience. They took good care of me, and I have nothing negative to say.
in Franconia, NH |
Hoping to avoid surgery for a painful medical condition, I went to a major health care facility in NH for an alternative option. After many, many failed attempts to help me, the medical staff said that surgery was my only option. When I heard that Dr. Mitz was offering the same treatment, I made arrangements to access his expertise. I'm so glad I did! For the first time in years, I don't need to schedule my activities around my pain. Kudos the office staff as well!
in Maidstone, Vermont |
I had two medical procedures done at Dr. Mitz's facility. It was more comfortable and personable than previous identical procedures done in a hospital environment. I felt totally confident that I was receiving outstanding medical expertise from Dr. Mitz and his entire staff. The environment is clean, comfortable, professional and friendly. Medical procedures were thoroughly explained and professionally done. I have rated Dr. Mitz and his staff with 5 stars and the highest of recommendations!!
in Lancaster new hampshire |
Absolutely 100 percent rateing I have had several colonoscopies always came home sick nauseous preps have always been a nightmare Not this time in out best service Atmosphere so much better than your traditional hospitals but, with the same great service I have a twisted colon the hospitals were unable to finish the procedures Guess what no problem at dr. mitz facility
in Littleton NH |
It had been awhile since I had a colonoscopy. The doctor that had done my previous ones had since retired and I needed a new doctor. Having been in the health care profession I tend to be very cautious in my decisions. I was very happy with my decision to go to Dr. Mitz. He is experienced and professional in his approach. His equipment is state of the art. Found the office setting very relaxing rather than a hospital.
Port Washington |
I recently needed an endoscopy. Dr. Mitz is s highly recommended gastro-enterologist here in the North Country of New Hampshire. My experience more than validated this. Dr. Mitz was competent, caring and professional. Furthermore, he has designed an office that is warm and welcoming with a staff that is knowledgeable, and patient oriented. I recommenced Dr. Mitz without hesitation or reservation. Joan B.
in Franconia, NH |
Dr. Mitz and the team at North Country Gastroenterology including the Anesthesiologist were very professional, answering all of my questions that they have probably heard many times before, checking in on me and making sure I was comfortable. I was totally satisfied with their Service.
in Grafton, NH |
Dr Mitz has been very professional and informative in my office visit as well as procedures done at his facility. I would have no problem recommending Dr Mitz to family and friends. His staff is friendly and very helpful with any questions. It is a pleasure to recommend Dr Mitz.
in Littleton, NH |
Their care and concern for me was exceptional. They accommodated me by seeing me sooner than originally scheduled as I was in constant pain. Kept on top of my condition and even answered me on a Sunday when I had questions regarding my pain and what to do. He was quick to get me into to Dartmouth to have an ERCP done. Couldn't be happier with the care I received. The nurses, staff and anesthesiologist was very caring and attentive and me feel comfortable.
in Colebrook, NH |
very friendly, prompt, profressional
Have you seen Dr. Howard Mitz, DO?
Are you Dr. Mitz?

Compare Dr. Mitz

Dr. Mitz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in New Hampshire not available

Dr. Mitz has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Hampshire.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mitz's Board Certifications

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

Kansas City College of Osteopathic Medicine

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Mitz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mitz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Colon Cancer Screening
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal pH Monitoring
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)