Dr. Howard Hertz, MD

Dr. Howard Hertz, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 64 years old

121 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Hertz specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in Babylon, NY. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Hertz? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Hertz's Experience

See how Dr. Hertz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hertz

Dr. Hertz accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hertz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hertz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hertz to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Hertz's Performance
in West Babylon, NY |
Very caring and very thorough
in West Babylon, NY |
Excellent doctor. Caring and listens to your issues.
in Lindenhurst, NY |
Been seeing Dr Hertz about 20 years and he is simply wonderful..Very knowledgeable with an amazing bedside manner, very calm demeanor and takes ime to explain in ways that's soothing,,.he has saved my love Sverdlovsk times over the years..I would highly recommend him
in Huntington, NY |
Dr.Hertz is the most caring and experienced doctor I've ever met. I tell everyone I know about him. He's a life saver!
West Babylon, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Howard Hertz for more than 20 years. He is an excellent doctor, always takes the time to listen to his patients and provide expert diagnostics and care. He has an unbelievably calm, sincere bedside manner.
in East Islip, NY |
Dr. Hertz and all of the medical professionals working in Babylon Medical practice are the best on Long Island!! They truly listen to your symptoms and always provide exceptional medical advice.The office is extremely clean and everyone is always friendly.
in Commack, NY |
I am a long time patient of Babylon Medical. Dr. Hertz is a caring and knowledgeable doctor. He will make sure he finds the answers to your problems and treats them accordingly. I believe I would not be here today if it was not for this amazing doctor who would not stop until he found the answers to what was ailing me and get me to the right doctors to treat me. If you are looking for a doctor that is kind, carding and going to give you the best possible care than Dr. Hertz is that person.
Babylon, NY |
great office with great doctors and bedside manner.
Not only is Dr. Hertz a true professional with exceptional diagnostic skills, his office atmosphere, and friendly staff truly make you feel welcome and comfortable at times when you are not feeling your best. I highly recommend Dr. Hertz, Dr. Jared Hertz, Enbal or Ryan to anyone looking for a PCP they can trust. The office is also open 7 days a week and late into the night, what more can you ask for!
in Deer Park, NY |
A friend recommended Dr. Hertz a few years ago and we have been impressed by the attentiveness, listening ability, knowledge and professionalism of Dr. Hertz and his entire staff. Last week we were treated by one of his PA's, Enbal, who was brilliant. The office (which looks more like a hotel lobby) runs smoothly and proficiently every time. The office has onsite amenities (sonogram, EKG, etc.). Each visit is more impressive and I cannot emphasize how satisfied we are with Dr. Hertz and staff!
Babylon, NY |
Do not use this Dr. He is all about the money !!! He does not care about his patients he's running a business not a medical practice !!!
Stony Brook, NY |
If you have a headache or feel under the weather, don't bother,, the blasting music and hour wait wont help. Takes at least two weeks for test results.
in West Islip, NY |
Dr. Hertz saved my life. All the other doctors in the hospital missed what Dr. Hertz found.
in Bay Shore NY |
i would recommend Dr, Hertz. He gave a thorough examination and was very polite and considerate. The front desk staff was very helpful.
in Babylon, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hertz's office for over 25 years. He is an excellent diagnostician. Several years ago I arrived feeling very sick. He saw me from behind the counter and called me in immediately. I was surprised but realized he knew I needed to be admitted to the hospital. He has picked up on a valve disorder that required heart surgery for a family member. His calm demeanor is very soothing when you aren't feeling well. I would recommend him as an excellent physician.
in Nassau ny |
If you are looking for a doctor whose medical knowledge is encyclopedic,  treats the whole person, and takes the time to be caring even while maintaing a very efficient office, then Dr. Hertz is someone you should consider visiting.
in Setauket New York |
Dr. Hertz has been our family physician for over 30 years and he is passionate about his practice and patients! He has a calming manner and a master at diagnosing whatever ails you with quick results! I trust no one else and thank every day that he has treated my family and me! Thank you Dr.Hertz you are the best!
in NY |
Dr. Hertz has the best run medical office I have been to. The office itself is gorgeous, the staff is lovely to talk to. Dr. Hertz, his son who is also a physician there, and his PA are all phenomenal. They are all skilled caregivers who genuinely care about my well-being. I am a long time patient and won't go anywhere else.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Hertz is a caring physician. He listened to my complaints and offered genuine concern. He explained to me why he was ordering various tests. By the way, he also has a beautiful office, by far the nicest doctor's office I have seen.
in New York, NY |
I was blown away but the office itself as it was absolutely flawless and out of this world and the staff is exceptionally warm, friendly and professional. I was immediately very impressed with Dr. Hertz. If you are looking for a physician who is sophisticated, knowledgeable, meticulous, and who cares about his patients and goes the extra mile, Dr. Hertz is the doctor for you! He is outstanding!
in W BABYLON |
DR Hertz has saved my life in the past and I have been with him 23 years. I can always get an appointment on a short notice. He is open 7 days a week, with a great staff and Dr. Howard Hertz is a very caring doctor.
in Deer Park, NY |
Dr. Hertz is a fantastic doctor and cares very much about his patients. He is, by far, the best doctor in the area.
in Deer Park, NY |
Dr. Hertz and now his son, Jared, are amazing and caring doctors. My husband and I have been seeing him for many years as have our children. Our medical care has been outstanding. Recently our eldest daughter came home very sick after being misdiagnosed at two hospitals in the city. One quick examination by Dr. Hertz and we were sent immediately to the hospital where she needed to be. After several days there under the care of both father and son, she came home on her way to a full recovery.
in West Babylon, NY |
Dr. Howard Hertz has been my doctor for over 30 years. He has been caring, thorough and the Best doctor. I wouldn't go or trust anyone else. He is the best. He is a true professional. I would truly recommend him.
in Huntington Station, NY |
I suffered from some serious health issues. I am blessed to have found Dr. Hertz. His diagnosis was spot on. He was kind and compassionate in a very scary time. His manner, care and concern for my well-being has been outstanding. His staff follows his example, and are just as kind and compassionate, friendly and helpful. I am thankful to the entire Babylon Medical team. The greatest team assembled. 5 stars is not enough, on a scale of 1 to 10 they are a 15!
in West Islip, NY |
I moved to Long Island, 20+ years ago, and I found the very best primary care physician - Dr Howard Hertz. He is the finest doctor I have ever known ! Not to mention, that his diagnosis has always been right on EVERY time. My life was actually saved twice by Dr Hertz, and Enbol, PA, with tough diagnosis's. They care, they listen, they are thorough, they explain, they are compassionate, simply put, they are the best ! Dr Hertz has also created a "one stop shopping" practice. He has it all !!!
in West Babylon, NY |
Dr Hertz has been my doctor for 25 years. Over the years I have had many health issues and Dr. Hertz has accommodated me in every possible way. With his accurate diagnosis and recommendations to specialists that helped me with these issues, i attribute my good health to Dr. Hertz and his excellent care for me. His staff is courteous and professional and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Dr. Hertz without reservation.
in West Islip, NY |
Dr. Howard and Dr. Jared Hertz saved my life! After a trip to the ER on Christmas day and released 4 hours later, i was told to follow up with my primary care doctor. When I did I was sent for a couple of tests in the office. Those tests showed that I needed open heart surgery for an aneurysm and valve repair. If I had not followed up with him the day after Christmas which I have to say, What doctors office is open 7 days a week, I may not be here to write this review. Thank you Dr. Hertz!
in West Islip, NY |
I'm a somewhat neurotic, unique individual and Dr. Hertz understood me right when I first met him and was able to treat me exactly as I needed for the past five years. He's outstanding and he's a doctor's doctor too. His beside manner is also excellent. He's also a bit quirky just because he's so smart and talented in many ways which I personally understand. You'll notice that right when you walk in, but it won't bother you if you like to feel upscale during your visit.
in Amityville, NY |
Thankfully a friend told me to change to Dr. Hertz as my primary care doctor a few years ago. What a difference! I found him to be knowledgable, experienced and caring. He diagnosed and treated several problems I had which my prior doctor missed. He also has a beautiful office and wonderful staff. I highly recommend him as well as his son, Dr. Jared Hertz.
in Deer Park, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hertz for 20 years. He is the most knowledgeable, professional and caring doctor I have ever met. His office is very busy because of his excellent reputation, and that of his son Jared as well as the PA's Enbal and Ryan, but when you are in his examining room he makes you feel like you are his only patient. All of my children are now patients of either him or his son Jared.
in Babylon, NY |
Nice office and probably a good doctor as long as you don't need to talk to him by phone. To talk to the doctor you need to make an appointment and come into the office, pay a co-pay and then ask your question. Not a good way to communicate with your patients, there are times you need to talk to the doctor by phone.
in Babylon, NY |
Recently, my husband received results from his blood tests while he was away on a business trip and was very concerned, so much so, he needed to speak with Dr. Hertz, if nothing else, to have his mind put at ease. Dr. Hertz cared less and made it clear he would not call back, that my husband would have to wait until he was home again to make an appointment. His staff was equally unprofessional, putting my husband on hold for almost 10 minutes and did nothing to resolve the situation.
in Smithtown, NY |
Our family have been patient's of Dr. Hertz since the early 1980s when he opened the practice. He has been our doctor at the office and in the hospital. He is a gentleman and a scholar. His diagnostic impressions and treatment plans are top notch. The practice grew substantially since then. Much appreciated is the ability to have a wide variety of diagnostic services at the location. Anyone who has an elder parent and who works knows that this is an amazing service to offer.
Huntington, NY |
Dr. Hertz is extremely knowledgable. He diagnosed my problem quickly. I would recommend him highly. His staff is always friendly and helpful.
in West Islip, NY |
ABOVE AND BEYOND?that?s what?s offered by Drs. Howard and Jared Hertz at their trend-setting , multi-subspecialty internal medicine practice ! I don?t mean this solely in the sense that so many sophisticated services are available under one roof but, more importantly, in terms of the personal care and attention offered. There is no mistaking the sincerity and compassion involved ?this is not mere politeness or an effort to endear?Dr. Howard and Dr. Jared are genuine care givers
in Great River, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hertz for over 20 years. I started as a young patient so I basically only saw Dr. Hertz for a cold or annual physical. Everything changed this year. During my annual physical this year, Dr. Hertz felt my neck and immediately sent me over to have a sonogram done in his office. Long story short, it turned out to be thyroid cancer and thanks to Dr. Hertz I had my surgery and am recovering nicely. Such a patient and caring man !!
Oceanside, NY |
I would be reluctant to recommend a friend as a result of the wait time in the office. Average wait time is hour and a half. During this time you can hear the secretaries discussing patients personal information. I have waited up to 2 and half hours. Never had a wait shorter then 45 minutes in the office.
Have you seen Dr. Howard Hertz, MD?
Are you Dr. Hertz?

Dr. Hertz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Anemia
  • Depression
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol

Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara, Facultad De Medicina

Graduated in 1978

• German

Dr. Hertz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hertz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage