Dr. Howard M. Hertz, MD

Dr. Howard M. Hertz, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

Babylon Medical Practice 350 W Main St, Babylon, NY 11702 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Hertz specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in Babylon, NY. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Hertz? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Hertz's Experience

86Experience
Match

See how Dr. Hertz's experience matches your preferences.

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Hertz

Dr. Hertz accepts 11 insurance carriers

11 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hertz has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Hertz

Dr. Hertz's Review Details
    3.6 based on 96 responses
    Experience with Dr. Hertz
    Dr. Hertz's Office & Staff
      16 – 30 minutes (90)
    in Huntington Station, NY |
    Dr. Hertz is the most compassionate, caring doctor I have ever seen. I am thankful for finding Dr. Hertz. His staff is knowledge and helpful and a pleasure to deal with. I recommend Babylon Medical to anyone and everyone.
    in West Islip, NY |
    Dr. Howard and Dr. Jared Hertz saved my life! After a trip to the ER on Christmas day and released 4 hours later, i was told to follow up with my primary care doctor. When I did I was sent for a couple of tests in the office. Those tests showed that I needed open heart surgery for an aneurysm and valve repair. If I had not followed up with him the day after Christmas which I have to say, What doctors office is open 7 days a week, I may not be here to write this review. Thank you Dr. Hertz!
    in West Islip, NY |
    I'm a somewhat neurotic, unique individual and Dr. Hertz understood me right when I first met him and was able to treat me exactly as I needed for the past five years. He's outstanding and he's a doctor's doctor too. His beside manner is also excellent. He's also a bit quirky just because he's so smart and talented in many ways which I personally understand. You'll notice that right when you walk in, but it won't bother you if you like to feel "upscale" during your visit.
    in Amityville, NY |
    Thankfully a friend told me to change to Dr. Hertz as my primary care doctor a few years ago. What a difference! I found him to be knowledgable, experienced and caring. He diagnosed and treated several problems I had which my prior doctor missed. He also has a beautiful office and wonderful staff. I highly recommend him as well as his son, Dr. Jared Hertz.
    in Deer Park, NY |
    I have been a patient of Dr. Hertz for 20 years. He is the most knowledgeable, professional and caring doctor I have ever met. His office is very busy because of his excellent reputation, and that of his son Jared as well as the PA's Enbal and Ryan, but when you are in his examining room he makes you feel like you are his only patient. All of my children are now patients of either him or his son Jared.
    in Babylon, NY |
    Nice office and probably a good doctor as long as you don't need to talk to him by phone. To talk to the doctor you need to make an appointment and come into the office, pay a co-pay and then ask your question. Not a good way to communicate with your patients, there are times you need to talk to the doctor by phone.
    in Babylon, NY |
    Recently, my husband received results from his blood tests while he was away on a business trip and was very concerned, so much so, he needed to speak with Dr. Hertz, if nothing else, to have his mind put at ease. Dr. Hertz cared less and made it clear he would not call back, that my husband would have to wait until he was home again to make an appointment. His staff was equally unprofessional, putting my husband on hold for almost 10 minutes and did nothing to resolve the situation.
    in West Babylon, NY |
    I have been a patient of Dr. Hertz for more than 15 years. He is an excellent doctor!
    in Setauket NY |
    Dr. Hertz is a brilliant,compassionate and dedicated Doctor! Wouldn't change anything and trust him implicitly!
    in Smithtown, NY |
    Our family have been patient's of Dr. Hertz since the early 1980"s when he opened the practice. He has been "our doctor" at the office and in the hospital. He is a gentleman and a scholar. His diagnostic impressions and treatment plans are top notch. The practice grew substantially since then. Much appreciated is the ability to have a wide variety of diagnostic services at the location. Anyone who has an elder parent and who works knows that this is an amazing service to offer.
    Huntington, NY |
    Dr. Hertz is extremely knowledgable. He diagnosed my problem quickly. I would recommend him highly. His staff is always friendly and helpful.
    in West Islip, NY |
    ABOVE AND BEYOND?that?s what?s offered by Drs. Howard and Jared Hertz at their trend-setting , multi-subspecialty internal medicine practice ! I don?t mean this solely in the sense that so many sophisticated services are available under one roof but, more importantly, in terms of the personal care and attention offered. There is no mistaking the sincerity and compassion involved ?this is not mere politeness or an effort to endear?Dr. Howard and Dr. Jared are genuine care givers
    in Great River, NY |
    I have been a patient of Dr. Hertz for over 20 years. I started as a young patient so I basically only saw Dr. Hertz for a cold or annual physical. Everything changed this year. During my annual physical this year, Dr. Hertz felt my neck and immediately sent me over to have a sonogram done in his office. Long story short, it turned out to be thyroid cancer and thanks to Dr. Hertz I had my surgery and am recovering nicely. Such a patient and caring man !!
    Oceanside, NY |
    I would be reluctant to recommend a friend as a result of the wait time in the office. Average wait time is hour and a half. During this time you can hear the secretaries discussing patients personal information. I have waited up to 2 and half hours. Never had a wait shorter then 45 minutes in the office.
    Have you seen Dr. Hertz?
    Are you Dr. Hertz? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Hertz

• Physical Examination
    • Spirometry
    • Urinalysis
    • Vaccination

No malpractice history found for New York.

Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara, Facultad De Medicina

Graduated in 1978

Dr. Hertz has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Hertz has no media or publications listed.

• German
    ×

Dr. Hertz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Internal Medicine
    • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
    ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Hertz

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Hertz's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Hertz

Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients