Dr. Howard Diener, MD

Practices Pulmonology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 130 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Diener is an extremely competent, professional and personable pulmonologist that I highly recommend. His office staff are equally professional.
Author:
On time, great demeanor, calming but straightforward. Very knowledgeable Office stall efficient and very pleasant. Great experience.
Author:
Very pleased and very professional. Excellent staff. Addressed my problem and was able to answer my questions.
Author:
As a first time patient, I couldn't be more pleased. Dr. Diener listened, took notes, asked questions and explained my situation in a most professional way. His office staff was every bit as professional. I am so impressed with his operation that I referred my husband to him
Author:
I was very impressed with his thoroughness in taking my history and doing an exam. Very patient and explained things so that I understood them. I would highly recommend him.
Author:
If you like dealing with a gatekeeper more than a receptionist ? If you like getting the answer before asking the question ? If you like dealing with a bean counter more than a healthcare professional ? If you would rather be spoken to like and inanimate object rather than a fellow human ? If any of these sound all to familiar you probably don't want to use Dr. Diener or any of his unbievable staff.
Author:
Dr. Diener is brilliant! He’s knowledgeable, takes time to address your questions and concerns, he’s the best. My pre tests before seeing him, CT, pulmonary testing, etc. reaffirmed this for me. Every person that did my tests told me how lucky I was to be seen by him! He’s brilliant!!
Author:
I recently had a new-patient appointment with Dr. Diener and I couldn't be more satisfied. He walked into the room and sat down and the first thing he said was "I'm not going to look at the computer, or tests right now, I want you to tell me about yourself and what brings you here." He listened to everything I had to say, never interrupted once, gave sound advice, and patiently answered all of my questions. As an Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse, I have worked with many doctors and providers. The way he did my assessment and how patient he was with listening to everything I had to say, I was blown away. My new patient appointment lasted nearly an hour long! I would recommend him to anyone seeking a pulmonologist. The receptionist at the front desk was the only other employee I spoke to and she was great too.
Author:
My visit was absolutely perfect. The office staff was very helpful in setting up appointments and in their attitude towards me as a new patient. I waited only a few minutes before Dr Diener saw me. Dr Diener went out of his way to get me an early appointment. He is everything that I could hope for in a physician...understanding, caring and compassionate. In short, my experience was perfect.
Author:
First time with Dr. Diener. It was perhaps the best intake ever. He listened carefully, took notes and asked numerous questions. We felt like we were his only patients for the day. His office staff are pleasant and efficient. While we were in the office it appeared that every appointment was seen on time.
Author:
Professional and personable. Good old fashioned, friendly practice. Highly recommend.
Author:
There haven't been any doctors that I have seen in the past 20 years that I can say motivated me enough to write a review either negative or positive. I just felt neutral about the experience & the care. However, today after my 1st visit with Dr. D, I felt compelled to take the time to complete this survey. Dr. Diener is EXCEPTIONAL! He spent a lot of time with me & REALLY listened to ME!!! He wasn't judgmental (as I am a smoker) and made me feel at ease! His staff was wonderful as well!
Author:
I found him very attentive and he knows his business!!
Author:
Dr. Diener knows his stuff. He couples his competence with a highly refined sense of humor. We are so pleased to have found him!
Author:
Dr. Diener is a wonderful doctor. He spent time asking questions about my concern and then came back with recommendations. He was very thorough both in trying to find out what my issues are but also in his suggestions for follow up. I highly recommend him.
Author:
Dr. Diener was not only personable but thorough. Having dealt with a youngster with a condescending attitude for the last three years, i’m elated to meet a doctor who is kind and effective.
Author:
Excellent physician with great bedside manner and time taken to explain any issues.
Author:
Recently, I developed a chronic cough. My primary care physician had prescribed antibiotics, but the cough persisted. Dr. Diener ordered a series of tests to determine the root cause of my cough. His thorough examination revealed a lung infection. I was prescribed another round of antibiotics, and when the infection was exacerbated by red tide, a round of Prednisone, and another medication to relieve wheezing. I also found his staff to be compassionate and caring. Highly recommend this practice!
Author:
Everyone at this office was pleasant and we truly felt like they cared about our needs. The ladies at the front desk were kind and compassionate. Dr Diener was very warm and really listened to our concerns and needs and took the time to make sure we understood the plan of action and care before we left.
Author:
Dr. Diener takes time to understand your needs. He explains everything in plain English to understand even for a foreigner. The process how things work and what the solution is. Great experience for me. Very thorough examination.
Author:
I was impressed with Dr Diener. This was my first visit. He took a lot of time listening & getting to know me. He didn’t sit staring at a computer. Asked good question. Very approachable. I was also impressed with his staff.
Author:
Kicked my sick mother out of his office today because we had questions about all the pills he's been subscribing her without having a plan to fix the MAIN issue! We've done our research on our end and because of that he wants to punish a sick woman and deny her care! Not acceptable we will be consulting representation for this malpractice.
Author:
I would definitely recommend Dr. Diener to anyone.
Author:
My sister died under his care. She was 57 and had COPD. He sent her home with drugs and she should have been put in hospital.
Author:
I felt very comfortable with Dr. Diener and staff. Dr. Diener first sat with me and discussed my medical history and recent flu episode. He took time to explain my questions and concerns.
Author:
Dr. Diener came highly recommended by my primary. I found him to be very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. His patient and caring manner is superb. I left feeling reassured and understanding my condition. I would highly recommend him.
Author:
Dr Diener asked excellent questions and gave me a thorough exam. His manner was professional and he did not make me wait. He had great suggestions for further follow up. I recommend him wholeheartedly.
Author:
Dr. Diener is patient and caring. He doesn't rush you through an appointment but takes time to talk with you and really determine how you are doing. I highly recommend him.
Author:
Arranged to see Dr Diener as I was unhappy with lack of information regarding a diagnosis at home in the U.K. Dr Diener was thorough, professional and very easy to talk to. After listening to my concerns, reading noted that I had brought with me and an exam, Dr Diener gave a diagnosis that was enlightening and made perfect sense. A short prescription of meds and management techniques should make me feel a whole lot better!!! Thank you Dr Diener.
Author:
Dr.Diener was very pleasant, very knowledgeable, and understanding.. He listened to all I had to say..about my health and then some..(I talk a lot) .. First time as a patient of his..and he introduced himself right away.. Some do not... All in all, he was a Great Doctor...
Author:
We immediately liked. His professional demeanor. He thoroughly explained my condition and treatment options.I left feeling very comfortable and reassured regarding my health issue.
Author:
My first visit with Dr Diener was excellent. He is friendly, he listens, and is low-key. Extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend.
Author:
My first visit with Dr. Diener was yesterday and it greatly exceeded my expectations. He really listened to me, offered valuable input and set an initial action plan in motion for while he is reviewing my extensive medical records. I am looking forward to my next visit and having Dr. Diener on my healthcare team.
Author:
Dr. Diener has provided me with an excellent level of care. He listens. He explains. He provides options where practical. He establishes an excellent doctor/patient relationship and a high level of patient/doctor trust. His office staff is efficient and attentive. I would highly recommend Dr. Diener.
Author:
Great Dr! Great Staff! Both I and my husband were very impressed with my 1st. visit. It was very nice to leave and have full confidence in the Dr's information, patience, and very nice manner! The receptionist was beyond helpful! We both would highly recommend the SUNCOAST LUNG CENTER & Dr. Diener!
Author:
Dr. Diener is one of a kind! His compassion, knowledge and professionalism has made a very difficult process one filled with hope and support.. Everyone in the office is extremely pleasant and helpful! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. Diener....
Author:
Dr Diener is a very relaxed physician who talks to you so you will understand everything he is saying. He seems to really care about what you have to say...There is no rushing. Loved the appointments so far.
Author:
Honest, thoughtful, extremely well knowledge in his field. One of the finest Dr,'s in his field. I owe my life to him more then once. Excellent Dr.
Author:
I chose Dr. Diener to be my pulmonologist because he accepts my insurance. I will continue to be his patient because he is an excellent doctor. He is caring and spends as much time as needed to make sure I understand my course of treatment. He took the time to demonstrate exactly how my medication works to improve and heal my asthma. I can recommend Dr. Diener with complete confidence!
Author:
Dr. Diener is a great Doctor! He listens to what you are saying and explains your condition. He is very personable. Rhonda at front desk is very pleasant. Laurie, Dr Diener's assistant, is friendly. I definitely made the right decision choosing him as my doctor.
Author:
A frightening series of test results led me to seek a compassionate Doctor. Dr Diener's staff were so warm and helpful that I knew I'd come to the right place before ever meeting the Doctor. Dr Diener truly listened to my concerns and fears, explained my test results, & the next steps. I appreciated his conservative approach to everything and he has earned my trust.
Author:
Just what I have been looking for, a Doctor that listens.
Author:
Dr Diener is a EXCELLENT Doctor. During my first visit and subsequent visits, he and I shared many questions and answers. He didn't rush through the visits, but spent time fully understanding my situation. What impressed me most was he was LISTENING and THINKING the entire time. He and his staff are very personable and professional. I was very comfortable with them.
Author:
Great guy great Doctor. He is very personable and professional along with the staff very good experience on my first visit. Very helpful. Rj
Author:
Dr. Diener came highly recommended by a friend who's been a nurse for 38 years. She said that all of the nurses that she works with thinks that he's the best! I agree. He was very personable, thoughtful, and thorough in his analysis.
Author:
Dr. Diener was recommended by my GP because I complained I had trouble breathing during exercise. I found his office staff to be pleasant and accommodating, and there wasn't the usual 30-60 minute "wait" when the doctor is running behind. I was seen on time, which was a huge bonus. Dr. Diener was affable and professional, and he conducted a comprehensive interview with me about my symptoms. I never felt rushed or "tolerated" by Dr. Diener, and I was glad to feel so comfortable with him.
Author:
My appointment with Dr. Diener was the most useful & pleasant interaction that I have had with any doctor in recent memory. He gave me his full attention, asked a lot of questions, and listened carefully to my answers. Even tho I was late after being caught in traffic, he & his staff were helpful & saw me promptly. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing a lung specialist.
Author:
Will have second visit today for breathing tests, and I am actually looking forward to the appointment because Doctor Diener is giving me answers for a cough that has lasted for months. I had previously seen four other doctors. He and his staff are superb.
Author:
My first visit to see Dr. Diener was more than expected. I took a C T Scan from another Dr. with me. I was very impressed when he said he would run a few simple test, ask me a lot of questions before he viewed my C T Scan. He wanted to form his own opinion first. I thought that was very smart. He takes plenty of time explaining everything to you and answering all of your questions. He has lots of charisma and makes you feel very comfortable. I felt like I had known him for years.
Author:
He was understanding, clear, used common sense combined with expertise. We were very impressed.