Dr. Howard D. Diener, MD

Dr. Howard D. Diener, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 62 years old

80 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

I approach the doctor-patient relationship as a teacher - student model. I believe my role is to provide medical information and recommendations as to treatment/diagnostic options to my patients and act as a resource for medical decision making. My office is structured to respect patient appointment time and offer prompt telephone follow up. We provide comprehensive pulmonary care in an informal but professional setting.Read more

Dr. Diener's Experience

See how Dr. Diener's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Diener

Dr. Diener accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Diener has admitting privileges.

Dr. Diener's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Diener to family and friends
Dr. Diener's Performance
in Bradenton, FL |
My first visit to see Dr. Diener was more than expected. I took a C T Scan from another Dr. with me. I was very impressed when he said he would run a few simple test, ask me a lot of questions before he viewed my C T Scan. He wanted to form his own opinion first. I thought that was very smart. He takes plenty of time explaining everything to you and answering all of your questions. He has lots of charisma and makes you feel very comfortable. I felt like I had known him for years.
in Longboat Key, FL |
He was understanding, clear, used common sense combined with expertise. We were very impressed.
in Sarasota, FL |
I found front office staff courteous, friendly, compassionate and efficient while assisting me to see Dr. Diener for the first time. Because my illness had continued too long, I developed a list of questions for the Dr. When Dr. Diener first came in I was pleasantly surprised that he sat and asked his own list of questions designed to pinpoint my situation and at the same time answered all my concerns. With patience and competence, Dr. Diener and his staff are a tribute to their professions.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Diener was arrogant and dismissive. I'm a medical professional and could not deal with his condescending attitude after 3 visits.
in Sarasota, FL |
Professional, knowledgeable, attentive, helpful and very pleasant.
in Osprey, FL |
Dr. Diener is an extraordinary physician. He is thorough in his examination as well as being an excellent communicator and listener. The combination is very rare these days. He listens, examines and explains carefully his findings and prognosis. Both of my parents were doctors. Dr. Diener is a model physician. The office staff is excellent as well.
in Sarasota, FL |
Took the time to explain my condition thoroughly and the impact on my future health status, all with great patience, understanding and a smile.
in Sarasota, FL |
Professional! Took time to actually listen and talk to my husband and I about my health concerns. Definitely recommend him!
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Diener is very easy to talk to and cares about your complete health & mental situation. I like him very much.
in Venice, FL |
Excellent manner. Listens well. I like his conservative philosophy on antibiotics so you don't develop resistance. Very knowledgeable in the pulmonary field, but aware of how you should look at a patient holistically so you can view the patient as a whole person and see them not as one disease, but how one diagnosis may affect another. Like his "hands-on" approach to medicine. Really am turned off by doctors who remain at an arm's length from you as a patient. Good man and physician.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Diener is always congenial, helpful, never condescending. He spends plenty of time with his patients, certainly in my case, and he has scheduled appropriate tests for my circumstances. He is interested in his patients beyond their immediate physical needs. I always feel better after having seen him, convinced that he has done as much as he could to help me with my condition.
Longboat Key, FL |
Dr. Diener is simply the best. Good listener. Takes time. Asks critical questions and really tries to get to know you.
in Bradenton, FL |
He's very patient and spoke to me like I am a person and not just a diagnostic code.
Really knows his stuff. And his bedside manner was wonderful. Really made me feel comfortable and took time to answer all my questions. Highly recommend Dr. Diener.
Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Diener is a doctor who sits down and listens and talks with you before making any diagnosis. He is very likable and trustworthy. I have recommended him to my friends. I feel confident in his expertise and enjoy going to his office.
Have you seen Dr. Howard D. Diener, MD?
Are you Dr. Diener?

Dr. Diener's Care Philosophy

Dr. Diener's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease

Dr. Diener has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Diener's Board Certifications

• Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchospasm
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Cough
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Pulmonary Edema

George Washington University Medical Center

Completed in 1985

George Washington University

Graduated in 1976

Dr. Diener does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Diener and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Breath Testing
  • Bronchoprovocation Test
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Central Line Insertion
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Endotracheal Intubation