Dr. Howard Diener, MD

Pulmonary DiseaseMaleAge 67

Pulmonary Disease

Dr. Howard Diener, MD is a Pulmonologist in Sarasota, FL and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Diener has extensive experience in Obstructive Lung Disease, Pulmonary Vascular Conditions, and Sleep Apnea. He graduated from George Washington University / School of Medicine And Health Sciences in 1980. He is affiliated with medical facilities Hca Florida Sarasota Doctors Hospital and Sarasota Memorial Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Howard Diener, MD

First Physicians Group Medical Hospitalist

1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota, FL 34239
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Pulmonologists

Compare Dr. Diener with our nearby Pulmonologists at HCA Florida Blake Hospital.

Make an appointment at HCA Florida Blake Hospital today at (941) 500-9903.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Florida Blake Hospital.

Dr. Diener's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Diener

Dr. Diener

For more than a year I have been short of breath...had a wheezing sound upper chest...very fatigued. When checking with my other physicians, none discovered any issues as per their specialties. Dr Diener not only diagnosed the possible issues in minutes...but also he is one of the most personable doctors I have ever met. I am no longer worried. The mystery has been solved and the treatments simple...making me a tremendously satisfied patient. Thank you Dr. Diener!
Effa – Sep 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
I had a lung function test in 2019 and was told I have COPD. I’ve been prescribed medicines that treat this condition, which in the back of my mind I questioned. I decided I needed a Pulmonologist instead of just taking the word of my GP. Come to find out, after my second lung function test order by Dr. Diener, I have adult asthma. Not COPD! He analyzed both the old test and the new test and told me I was nearly normal on both tests. He explained each test section and helped me understand all of it. I know asthma is serious but it’s certainly not COPD. The relief I felt and still feel is so comforting. I can’t say enough good things about Dr Diener. He’s kind, calm and a brilliant physician that takes as much time as you need to understand your health condition.
Deb Shipley – Sep 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
We have literally saarched Pulmonologists from the following areas: Orlando, Jacksonvillle, Gainesville and Sarasota. We found Dr. Diener, to be perfect for us. There are two factors in the decision: 1. We wanted a competent professional and 2. We wanted a competent professional that was also interested in us as people. Dr. Diener excels in both categories. Now we willingly travel from Winter Park to Sarasota for an appointment. That is a 5 hour roundtrip for us..And we feel fortunate to need to make it!
Bonnie and Don Cuniff – Aug 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
I felt very confident in Dr. Diener immediately. As a chronic smoker, my wife urged me to get my lungs checked out. I saw excellent reviews and made an appointment. His office is conveniently located. Dr. Diener has a very calm and reassuring demeanor that made me feel at ease. He recommended a CT Scan as a precaution and to establish a baseline since I had a tiny nodule in one of my lungs. I feel lucky to have found him and will see him annually. You can tell that he is a very kind and compassionate human being and that means a lot.
Jul 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
Dr. Diener brought comfort and peace of mind for senior mother recently exposed to mold and was able to translate multiple previous CT scans, etc., from other medical providers. Pre-appointment professional office manager Rhonda understood our concerns and offered a comprehensive review of recent medical history which Dr. Diener was able to review with us via tele-appointment. Post-appt medical asst Lori followed up for review of aorta, thyroid and coratid ultra sounds, also by other medical providers, to monitor and compare to any future testing. Suncoast Lung Center was first-class in every aspect of care. Thank You!
Joe Dallape – May 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
Dr Diener was well prepared for my visit with him. He had reviewed my files thoroughly. He listened intently to me and did not rush the appointment. This is so refreshing from a doctor. I wish he could be my PCP!
May 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
Dr. Diener and his staff of Lori and Rhonda were outstanding before, during and after my initial visit. They are a pleasure to work with during my medical condition. I highly recommend them to friends and family. Thank all of you towards easing my anxiety during these trying times.
Susan Briandi – Apr 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
Dr. Diener is attentive, patient, and is excellent at problem solving. Before our appointment he reviewed my file so he was up to date when he met with me!! YAY!! His staff is just wonderful! The Doctor's assistant remembered to call me and remind me to have a "check-in" after 18 months.
Jan Noll – Apr 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
Dr. Diener really listened to me and asked excellent questions to determine the cause of an ongoing breathing problem. I would highly recommend him.
DD – Mar 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
Dr. Diemer listened to my concerns, was familiar with my condition and offered very helpful suggestions. Highly recommend.
Linda M. – Mar 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
Although s telephone consultation, Dr Deiner was patient, thorough, conservative in his approach and competent. And his office followed up with me the next day to make sure all my questions were answered.
A R Whaley – Feb 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
Had a recent video appointment with Dr. Diener regarding asthma issues that have been made worse by LPR. Dr. Diener took the time to thoroughly explain many of my issues with me, explaining in detail how they were related and how they could be made worse or better as a result of lifestyle choices/anxiety/etc. He also explained in detail how to use my inhaler, which had been prescribed by a different doctor, but who did not instruct me on the proper way to use it. In short, Dr. Diener was incredibly compassionate, took the time to listen to me, thoroughly explain my various issues, and give me some confidence at a time when I was very unnerved by my condition. This was my second time seeing him, the first was three years ago. I highly recommend Dr. Diener for his knowledge, empathy, and consideration of a patient's feelings.
Maryanne Jacobsen – Sep 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
The pulmonologist I was seeing didn't really seem to care one way or the other. Kept insisting I take meds for coughing and shortness of breath when I had none of those issues. Had to beg for sputum test. He brushed off results but Mayo and other reputable med sources gave serious warnings about treatments needed. A doctor I trust recommended Dr. Denier. His concern is apparent. He listens, offers suggestions, and solutions. Based on my experience, I highly recommend Dr. Denier.
LA Reid – Aug 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
Very impressed with he Dr. Diener. Has a good personality, a good listener, and takes your concern very seriously. He is very available to talk to with any new issues I have. His office staff is knowledgeable and friendly.
Dave Osgood – May 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
fantastic, most impressed with the doctor and his entire staff !
rr alger – Mar 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
Dr. Diener was the catalyst in ending my smoking cigerettes. I just celebrated 10 years of being smoke free; I and my lungs are happy! He has a calm demeanor, is always on time and you never feel rushed. I was seated in the reception area and I hard a patient saying as she left "He is such a good Doctor!". I think that says it all!
Millie Headdy – Feb 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
MY PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN FOUND SOME STRANGE SPOTS ON MY LUNGS AND REFERRED ME TO DR. DIENER. I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN WHO HAS SEEN A LOT OF DOCTORS OVER THE YEARS, AND I MUST SAY THAT DR. DIENER IS ONE WHO IS EXCEPTIONAL IN TERMS OF PUNCTUALITY, LISTENING, EXPLAINING THINGS THOROUGHLY, BEING PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE. HE GAVE ME ALL THE TIME I NEEDED FOR QUESTIONS AND HIS APPOINTMENTS WERE SPACED IN SUCH A WAY THAT I DID NOT FEEL RUSHED. MOST IMPORTANT, HE PUT MY MIND AT EASE ABOUT A LOT OF INCOMPREHENSIBLE, MEDICAL JARGON THAT THE RADIOLOGIST CAME UP WITH. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM. HIS RECEPTIONIST WAS ALSO VERY POLITE AND NICE.
Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
When I was diagnosed with IPF doctors gave me six months and strongly advices to get my affairs in order. I went to Dr Deiner and he had another plan. Dr Dr Deiner and his staff immediately send all my medical records to TGH Lung Transplant Clinic. He put me on pulmonary rehabilitation, and continued communications with transplant clinic. Soon I got an appointment at TGH for a evolution if I was a candidate. I was expected and received bi- lateral Lung Transplant weeks before my lungs were going to fail. The TGH transplant unit were GREAT. It’s being 3 years and I’m fortunate and blessed to still be around to my family and friends. Lot of people had a hand on my success but it all started with Dr Deiner and his staff.
Steven Alexandrou in Riverview , FL – Nov 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
Outstanding from start to finish, with excellent support staff. Dr Diener is highly knowledgeable and professional. He is an outstanding listener and communicator. He inspires great confidence.
Caryn Fakvey – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Diener by my cardiologist and am extremely happy I was given this recommendation. I found Dr. Diener to be most personable and thoughtful, an excellent listener, and very thorough in his examination and questioning. Rhonda in the office and Laurie, Dr. Diener's medical assistant, are both cheerful and efficient. Excellent first impressions all around!
Barry Clarke – Oct 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Diener, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Diener?