Dr. Howard Diener, MD

Dr. Howard Diener, MD

Internal Medicine | Male

I approach the doctor-patient relationship as a teacher - student model. I believe my role is to provide medical information and recommendations as to treatment/diagnostic options to my patients and act as a resource for medical decision making. My office is structured to respect patient appointment time and offer prompt telephone follow up. We provide comprehensive pulmonary care in an informal but professional setting.

Dr. Howard Diener, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Sarasota, FL. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Diener is affiliated with Doctors Hospital of Sarasota and Sarasota Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Diener's Experience

See how Dr. Diener's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Diener

Dr. Diener accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Diener has admitting privileges.

Dr. Diener's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Diener to family and friends
    Dr. Diener's Performance
    Sarasota, FL |
    Great guy great Doctor. He is very personable and professional along with the staff very good experience on my first visit. Very helpful. Rj
    Bradenton, FL |
    Dr. Diener came highly recommended by a friend who's been a nurse for 38 years. She said that all of the nurses that she works with thinks that he's the best! I agree. He was very personable, thoughtful, and thorough in his analysis.
    Germantown, MD |
    Dr. Diener was recommended by my GP because I complained I had trouble breathing during exercise. I found his office staff to be pleasant and accommodating, and there wasn't the usual 30-60 minute "wait" when the doctor is running behind. I was seen on time, which was a huge bonus. Dr. Diener was affable and professional, and he conducted a comprehensive interview with me about my symptoms. I never felt rushed or "tolerated" by Dr. Diener, and I was glad to feel so comfortable with him.
    in Englewood, FL |
    My appointment with Dr. Diener was the most useful & pleasant interaction that I have had with any doctor in recent memory. He gave me his full attention, asked a lot of questions, and listened carefully to my answers. Even tho I was late after being caught in traffic, he & his staff were helpful & saw me promptly. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing a lung specialist.
    Englewood, FL |
    Will have second visit today for breathing tests, and I am actually looking forward to the appointment because Doctor Diener is giving me answers for a cough that has lasted for months. I had previously seen four other doctors. He and his staff are superb.
    in Bradenton, FL |
    My first visit to see Dr. Diener was more than expected. I took a C T Scan from another Dr. with me. I was very impressed when he said he would run a few simple test, ask me a lot of questions before he viewed my C T Scan. He wanted to form his own opinion first. I thought that was very smart. He takes plenty of time explaining everything to you and answering all of your questions. He has lots of charisma and makes you feel very comfortable. I felt like I had known him for years.
    in Longboat Key, FL |
    He was understanding, clear, used common sense combined with expertise. We were very impressed.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    I found front office staff courteous, friendly, compassionate and efficient while assisting me to see Dr. Diener for the first time. Because my illness had continued too long, I developed a list of questions for the Dr. When Dr. Diener first came in I was pleasantly surprised that he sat and asked his own list of questions designed to pinpoint my situation and at the same time answered all my concerns. With patience and competence, Dr. Diener and his staff are a tribute to their professions.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Dr. Diener was arrogant and dismissive. I'm a medical professional and could not deal with his condescending attitude after 3 visits.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Professional, knowledgeable, attentive, helpful and very pleasant.
    in Osprey, FL |
    Dr. Diener is an extraordinary physician. He is thorough in his examination as well as being an excellent communicator and listener. The combination is very rare these days. He listens, examines and explains carefully his findings and prognosis. Both of my parents were doctors. Dr. Diener is a model physician. The office staff is excellent as well.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Took the time to explain my condition thoroughly and the impact on my future health status, all with great patience, understanding and a smile.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Professional! Took time to actually listen and talk to my husband and I about my health concerns. Definitely recommend him!
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Dr. Diener is very easy to talk to and cares about your complete health & mental situation. I like him very much.
    in Venice, FL |
    Excellent manner. Listens well. I like his conservative philosophy on antibiotics so you don't develop resistance. Very knowledgeable in the pulmonary field, but aware of how you should look at a patient holistically so you can view the patient as a whole person and see them not as one disease, but how one diagnosis may affect another. Like his "hands-on" approach to medicine. Really am turned off by doctors who remain at an arm's length from you as a patient. Good man and physician.
    in Sarasota, FL |
    Dr. Diener is always congenial, helpful, never condescending. He spends plenty of time with his patients, certainly in my case, and he has scheduled appropriate tests for my circumstances. He is interested in his patients beyond their immediate physical needs. I always feel better after having seen him, convinced that he has done as much as he could to help me with my condition.
    Longboat Key, FL |
    Dr. Diener is simply the best. Good listener. Takes time. Asks critical questions and really tries to get to know you.
    in Bradenton, FL |
    He's very patient and spoke to me like I am a person and not just a diagnostic code.
    Really knows his stuff. And his bedside manner was wonderful. Really made me feel comfortable and took time to answer all my questions. Highly recommend Dr. Diener.
    Sarasota, FL |
    Dr. Diener is a doctor who sits down and listens and talks with you before making any diagnosis. He is very likable and trustworthy. I have recommended him to my friends. I feel confident in his expertise and enjoy going to his office.
    Have you seen Dr. Howard Diener, MD?
    Are you Dr. Diener?

Dr. Diener's Care Philosophy

Dr. Diener's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
    •  Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease

Dr. Diener has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Diener's Board Certifications

• Bronchiectasis
    • Bronchiolitis
    • Bronchitis
    • Bronchospasm
    • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
    • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
    • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
    • Cough
    • Partial Lung Collapse
    • Pleural Effusion
    • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
    • Pneumonia
    • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
    • Pulmonary Edema

George Washington University Medical Center

Completed in 1985

George Washington University

Graduated in 1976

Dr. Diener does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Diener and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
    • Breath Testing
    • Bronchoprovocation Test
    • Bronchoscopy
    • Central Line Insertion
    • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
    • Endotracheal Intubation