Dr. Howard Cohen, MD

Dr. Howard Cohen, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

Baylor Center Pain Mgmt 4004 Worth St Ste 300 Dallas, TX 75246 Get Directions

Dr. Howard Cohen, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas.

Dr. Cohen's Experience

See how Dr. Cohen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cohen

Dr. Cohen accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Cohen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cohen to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Cohen's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Allen, TX |
Dr. Cohen takes the time to listen, explain, and figure out a treatment plan. He's one of the most compassionate doctor's I've ever worked with.
in Frisco, TX |
One star is being GENEROUS. Long wait times. Incorrect information on medical records. IF you go, DO NOT see N.P. Jill Rice, she is rude and did not/ would not explain new medication. Furthermore, no-one discussed issues I had with certain medications. Once you see Dr. Cohen, you are passed off to nurses and see Dr. once a year
Dallas, TX |
It never ceases to amaze me how such an excellent Physician can surround himself with such an incompetent, entitled, irreverent, inefficient, incapable, and disrespectful staff. It starts with the Office Manager, goes through every NP, RN, MA, and support person that you come in contact with. Be prepared to wait a minimum of an hour to be called back and allow two to four hours for each appointment.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Cohen is brilliant saved my life. I was unable to function physically due to low back pain. I could not go to work or do anything for several months. After seeing 6+ pain management physicians in the Dallas area, I found Dr. Cohen. I would recommend Dr. Cohen without hesitation. He gave me my life back. I now work 40 hours a week and am able to socialize over the weekends. Dr. Cohen spends the time with you that you need, listens to you and answers your questions & updates u on new treatmts
Dallas, TX |
Average wait time to see anyone in Dr. Cohen's office is 2-3 hour. Office staff sucks!!!!! Would not recommend him to my worst enemy.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Cohen and Jill are wonderful, both highly educated, they care enough to spend time with you to get an honest assessment of your medical and mental state so they can determine the best treatment. However, the office staff is horrible, worse than any I have ever encountered. If you need anything other than an appointment or to pay your bill you can forget it. It is sad because the Dr and NP can be the best of the best but if the office staff is the worst of the worst the patient suffers.
in Rockwall, TX. |
Dr. Cohen has been recognized by his peers as #1, 6 years in a row. I certainly understand why. This man is absolutely brilliant. If you are seeking meds to get high, he is way way smarter than you are - go somewhere else. If you want to get well, he is absolutely 100% the most brilliant physician ever. Unlike most doctors, he will talk to you for a good hour or longer. He is also incredibly kind and compassionate gladlygoing the extra mile. I cannot say enough good things about him.
Dallas, TX |
Staff needs some lessons on compassion with their patients!! Can't get phone calls returned from anyone from Dr. Cohen, his nurses and staff. Always have a 2-3 hour wait before you see anyone. Definitely looking for a new doctor!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Cohen is compassionate, explains all questions and answers all concerns .He is well educated, well groomed, professional and takes time for his patients.
in Mesquite, TX |
From my initial appointment with Dr.Cohen, in his office and how I felt in my heart, I knew this man knew his stuff and was the jewel I had been desparately seeking for answers (or at least some) to my chronic pain. I'm talking 24/7 back pain that kept me in tears and deeply depressed. After a few more appointments, I knew he'd be my doctor for years to come. I only wish I had found him sooner. Please see him if you suffer from chronic pain - anywhere in your body. You will never regret it. A+++
in Anna, TX |
Been seeing g Dr. Cohan over 2 years now. But prior to seeing him. I spent atleast 2 years in and out of physicians, physiciatrists , specialists and know one could find out what was wrong with me. Till I seen the doctor that took an ANA tests. Found out i had a type of auto immune disease along wit a few other things. Sent me to an R.A doctor. He helped alto. But he sent me to Cohan to help with me. So I see both doctors now. With Jill and Dr.Cohan they made my life quality of life 80% better.
in McKinney TX |
After 5 years, good things to those wait. The Best!!!
in Providence Village, TX |
Dr. Cohen is the best when it come to Fibromyalgia. I have been seeing him for 2 years and when I got to him I was in a hoveround power chair. I have had Fibromyalgia for 19yrs. and had been though every modality and meds. and finally my 9th pain Dr. gave up on me and someone told me to get a referral to see Dr. Cohen. He got me 80% better and decreased my pain by 80%. He knows exactly what and how Fibro. works and how to treat it because each pt. is different. He is also a great teacher.
in Dallas, TX |
Long time patient. He is patient, and listens carefully. Very knowledgeable.
ALLEN, TX |
Dr. Cohen and his Nurse Practioners Jill and Dawn are AWESOME! They listen to you and never make you feel rushed. They are empathetic and understanding and try to help you in the best way possible. I'm very pleased with the care I've received. Sometimes you do have to wait a little while but its worth the wait and I would highly recommend Dr. Cohen.
Have you seen Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
Are you Dr. Cohen?

Compare Dr. Cohen

Dr. Cohen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Addiction Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry, Pain Medicine, Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine

Dr. Cohen has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cohen's Board Certifications

• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Depression
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Phantom Limb Pain

Univeristy Of Texas Southwestern

Completed in 1989

Indiana University / School of Medicine

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Cohen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cohen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine