Dr. Howard Cohen, MD

Dr. Howard Cohen, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Howard Cohen, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 32 years.

4004 Worth St Ste 300

Dallas, TX 75246

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CHAMPVA
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Cohen

See how frequently Dr. Cohen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
Psychological Testing
Fibromyalgia

Dr. Cohen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Pain Medicine

• Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phantom Limb Pain
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Univeristy Of Texas Southwestern
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Cohen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cohen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cohen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cohen to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Cohen's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Garland, TX |
Dr. Cohen, Dawn and Debbie are wonderful. The office staff can be rude and grumpy. The worst part is the wait time is almost always ridiculous! Most times over 2 hours. They are overbooked all the time. So infuriating when you're in pain to begin with.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Cohen is a brilliant physician. He provides you the care you need when he sees you. He may run late but that is because he provides the highest quality care available. Don't let the wait detour you from seeing him. He saved my life. I have been seeing him for many years. I was out of work and now work a 50 + hour a week job and have my life back. I recommend him without reservation.
Allen, TX |
Dr. Cohen takes the time to listen, explain, and figure out a treatment plan. He's one of the most compassionate doctor's I've ever worked with.
in Frisco, TX |
One star is being GENEROUS. Long wait times. Incorrect information on medical records. IF you go, DO NOT see N.P. Jill Rice, she is rude and did not/ would not explain new medication. Furthermore, no-one discussed issues I had with certain medications. Once you see Dr. Cohen, you are passed off to nurses and see Dr. once a year
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Cohen is brilliant saved my life. I was unable to function physically due to low back pain. I could not go to work or do anything for several months. After seeing 6+ pain management physicians in the Dallas area, I found Dr. Cohen. I would recommend Dr. Cohen without hesitation. He gave me my life back. I now work 40 hours a week and am able to socialize over the weekends. Dr. Cohen spends the time with you that you need, listens to you and answers your questions & updates u on new treatmts
Dallas, TX |
Average wait time to see anyone in Dr. Cohen's office is 2-3 hour. Office staff sucks!!!!! Would not recommend him to my worst enemy.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Cohen and Jill are wonderful, both highly educated, they care enough to spend time with you to get an honest assessment of your medical and mental state so they can determine the best treatment. However, the office staff is horrible, worse than any I have ever encountered. If you need anything other than an appointment or to pay your bill you can forget it. It is sad because the Dr and NP can be the best of the best but if the office staff is the worst of the worst the patient suffers.
in Rockwall, TX. |
Dr. Cohen has been recognized by his peers as #1, 6 years in a row. I certainly understand why. This man is absolutely brilliant. If you are seeking meds to get high, he is way way smarter than you are - go somewhere else. If you want to get well, he is absolutely 100% the most brilliant physician ever. Unlike most doctors, he will talk to you for a good hour or longer. He is also incredibly kind and compassionate gladlygoing the extra mile. I cannot say enough good things about him.
Dallas, TX |
Staff needs some lessons on compassion with their patients!! Can't get phone calls returned from anyone from Dr. Cohen, his nurses and staff. Always have a 2-3 hour wait before you see anyone. Definitely looking for a new doctor!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Cohen is compassionate, explains all questions and answers all concerns .He is well educated, well groomed, professional and takes time for his patients.
in Mesquite, TX |
From my initial appointment with Dr.Cohen, in his office and how I felt in my heart, I knew this man knew his stuff and was the jewel I had been desparately seeking for answers (or at least some) to my chronic pain. I'm talking 24/7 back pain that kept me in tears and deeply depressed. After a few more appointments, I knew he'd be my doctor for years to come. I only wish I had found him sooner. Please see him if you suffer from chronic pain - anywhere in your body. You will never regret it. A+++
in Anna, TX |
Been seeing g Dr. Cohan over 2 years now. But prior to seeing him. I spent atleast 2 years in and out of physicians, physiciatrists , specialists and know one could find out what was wrong with me. Till I seen the doctor that took an ANA tests. Found out i had a type of auto immune disease along wit a few other things. Sent me to an R.A doctor. He helped alto. But he sent me to Cohan to help with me. So I see both doctors now. With Jill and Dr.Cohan they made my life quality of life 80% better.
in McKinney TX |
After 5 years, good things to those wait. The Best!!!
in Providence Village, TX |
Dr. Cohen is the best when it come to Fibromyalgia. I have been seeing him for 2 years and when I got to him I was in a hoveround power chair. I have had Fibromyalgia for 19yrs. and had been though every modality and meds. and finally my 9th pain Dr. gave up on me and someone told me to get a referral to see Dr. Cohen. He got me 80% better and decreased my pain by 80%. He knows exactly what and how Fibro. works and how to treat it because each pt. is different. He is also a great teacher.
in Dallas, TX |
Long time patient. He is patient, and listens carefully. Very knowledgeable.
ALLEN, TX |
Dr. Cohen and his Nurse Practioners Jill and Dawn are AWESOME! They listen to you and never make you feel rushed. They are empathetic and understanding and try to help you in the best way possible. I'm very pleased with the care I've received. Sometimes you do have to wait a little while but its worth the wait and I would highly recommend Dr. Cohen.
Have you seen Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
Are you Dr. Cohen?

Visit Dr. Cohen

Dr. Cohen accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • CHAMPVA
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA