Dr. Howard Cohen, MD

Pain Medicine ·  Male · Age 60

Dr. Cohen

Baylor Center Pain Mgmt

4004 Worth St Ste 300 Dallas, TX 75246

Dr. Howard Cohen, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Dallas, TX and has been practicing for 30 years. He graduated from University of Louisville School of Medicine in 1985 and specializes in pain medicine, addiction psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Cohen accepts

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Cohen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Cohen's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)

Dr. Cohen treats Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain) more than 100% of his peers

Fibromyalgia

Dr. Cohen treats Fibromyalgia more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Cohen treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Deposition Disease-Related Fibromyalgia

• Major Depressive Disorder
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phantom Limb Pain
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychological Testing

9.67741935483871%

Dr. Cohen?
Dr. Cohen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Howard Cohen, MD
Dr. Cohen has been a wonderful physician and I was on the verge of a real recovery inside and out until recently. It has taken over 3 weeks of persistent attempts to get his office to send over the paperwork for my short term disability. I am on the verge of loosing my job and I have already missed a whole month of pay. This stress has worsen my state of being and has reversed the progress I was making. My depression has increased which is causing my pain to increase. Frequency of suicidal thoughts and feelings of hopelessness is having an immense impact on my quality of life. I can't afford to loose my job but I am not fit to go back to work so where do I go from here. It's the little things in life that can make or break a person and because of the added stress I feel like I am in pieces again. I don't understand why it is so hard to fax over a couple of pages of my clinical notes so that I can continue with my medical care and get back to a good quality of life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
My care and attention was consistently conscientious and professional from front office to physician. His assessment of my situation was thorough and he discussed my options clearly then we weighed the benefits and created a plan. His knowledge of the drug side-effects, benefits and interactions was thorough and wisely applied. His knowledge of basic genetic factors underlying my situation was very valuable. I see myself being able to function normally again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
He is brilliant, compassionate & saved my life. I was out of work for 6 months and after seeing Dr. Cohen I have been able to work full time. He gives each patient the time they need. He is worth the wait.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
Stay away from this doctor. Sees you maybe once a year and the rest of the time you see a nurse practitioner. They load you up with pills for a while, getting you hooked then cut back when they are investigated. He also dropped all his Medicare patients June 2018 w/o any prior notice. This was for both straight Medicare and ones with Medicare Supplement Plans with big insurers (Humana, AARP, BSW Health Plan, Aetna, BCBS, etc)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen saved my life. I've been dealing with chronic pain for 35 years, I was at a point where I thought I would be on disability the rest if my life. With Dr. Cohen's help I lead a normal life and work a full-time job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
I have called three times in a week to get an appointment, desperately needed, and I cannot even get a human. Just an impersonal answering machine, and no one calls me back. Unethical to your continuing patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen is one of the best physicians I've been to in the last 10 years. He puts me at ease and he's easy talk to. He listens to his patients and always considers the whole patient picture and does not treat just symptoms. He is definitely interested in the cause of the illness and tries to treat it instead of just throwing drugs at you. He is definitely very motivated to get the patient well. I highly recommend Dr. Cohen. He's not only a good doctor, but most of all he is a good man. L.H.R.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
After seeing him for months, I cancelled my appts because his staff would not listen nor believe that I had a herniated disc. Left in agony for months, I had no choice but to confirm my own diagnosis with those that would actually care for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
I don't believe Howard  has a functioning understanding of the new guidelines set forth by the CDC ( which have admitted to a 200% data error..) he would rather hurt me than correct his mistake. I've been seeing him about 5 years on my last office visit he appeared to not recognize me. I have great concerns and I'm looking for another doctor...I feel like Dr Cohen is shaking my hand while choking my neck. To me someone who would hurt a person who is endured pain for 65 years is a Despicable Act
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen is a genius. Bedridden @ 18 & 9mths of suffering, specialists & tests. Was it in my head? I saw Dr. Cohen- diagnosed me in 30min. He evolves w/ medicine to relieve those pained. He never settles- studies new research to unearth new diseases, treatments & medicines. A ‘95 trip to Europe he learned of a newly discovered disease & best treatment. He returned able to diagnose cause of my Mom’s pain & treat her. All the doctors had no answers, Dr. Cohen found them. He fights for patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
He's extremely compassionate but he just gets it!!!! So darn smart!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen is only one of four personal physicians I can recommend without hesitation. He took me in when no one else would because of the level of pain I was in to help me with my back, neck, and knee pain. He made it possible for me to lead nearly normal life within my house, and to be able contribute to the household income. I have a dedicated PA assigned to me who listens, and does whatever she can to help me stay active. Dr. Cohen's personal nurse works in tandem with Dr. Cohen and my PA.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
Thankfully, I have been under the care of Dr. Howard Cohen for four years. He and his staff have been incredible in helping me with pain management, depression, and dibilitating Post-Acute Benzodiazepine Withdrawal. Dr. Cohen is board certified in numerous areas of Pain and Psychiatry, which make him uniquely qualified to help in any of his areas of specialty. Dr. Cohen is brilliant at looking at each health issue that arises with care, commitment, and compassion that seldom exists today. A+++
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen, Dawn and Debbie are wonderful. The office staff can be rude and grumpy. The worst part is the wait time is almost always ridiculous! Most times over 2 hours. They are overbooked all the time. So infuriating when you're in pain to begin with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen is a brilliant physician. He provides you the care you need when he sees you. He may run late but that is because he provides the highest quality care available. Don't let the wait detour you from seeing him. He saved my life. I have been seeing him for many years. I was out of work and now work a 50 + hour a week job and have my life back. I recommend him without reservation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen takes the time to listen, explain, and figure out a treatment plan. He's one of the most compassionate doctor's I've ever worked with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
One star is being GENEROUS. Long wait times. Incorrect information on medical records. IF you go, DO NOT see N.P. Jill Rice, she is rude and did not/ would not explain new medication. Furthermore, no-one discussed issues I had with certain medications. Once you see Dr. Cohen, you are passed off to nurses and see Dr. once a year
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
Average wait time to see anyone in Dr. Cohen's office is 2-3 hour. Office staff sucks!!!!! Would not recommend him to my worst enemy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen and Jill are wonderful, both highly educated, they care enough to spend time with you to get an honest assessment of your medical and mental state so they can determine the best treatment. However, the office staff is horrible, worse than any I have ever encountered. If you need anything other than an appointment or to pay your bill you can forget it. It is sad because the Dr and NP can be the best of the best but if the office staff is the worst of the worst the patient suffers.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Howard Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen has been recognized by his peers as #1, 6 years in a row. I certainly understand why. This man is absolutely brilliant. If you are seeking meds to get high, he is way way smarter than you are - go somewhere else. If you want to get well, he is absolutely 100% the most brilliant physician ever. Unlike most doctors, he will talk to you for a good hour or longer. He is also incredibly kind and compassionate gladlygoing the extra mile. I cannot say enough good things about him.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Cohen?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Cohen treats patients.