Dr. Howard An, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Howard An, MD
Dr. Howard An, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Chicago, IL. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. An is affiliated with Rush Oak Park Hospital and Rush University Medical Center.

Dr. An's Care Philosophy

What I do mostly at Rush is really taking care of patients with various spinal problems. Just because patients come to see me in my office, that doesn't mean that all discussion is restrict to surgery. We have various options: non-surgical, surgical. So that's how we make the patients at ease by discussing different options. My philosophy of patient care is, first of all, really treat each and every patient with respect. And also treat all patients like your own family members. This means listening to their medical history very carefully and coming out with treatment recommendations that have best possible outcomes.

Dr. An's Experience

See how Dr. An's experience matches your preferences.

View Video

Visiting Dr. An

Dr. An accepts 18 insurance carriers

Dr. An is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. An has admitting privileges.

Dr. An's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. An to family and friends
    3.6
    Dr. An's Performance
    I can't say enough good things about Dr. An and his team. I had a very difficult spinal surgery in 2012 and they were there to give me support before, during, and after. It's been a long road, but I'm amazed at my level of recovery and function. Would definitely recommend Dr. An.
    Washington, DC |
    My son had scoliosis surgery in November with Dr. An. We thought he was phenomenal. The surgery went well and the care he received was terrific. Dr. An is always super punctual at appointments. We did a lot of research and talked to a lot of doctors when deciding which surgeon to use. We highly recommend Dr. An.
    in Chicago, IL |
    He was 2 hours late. his intern came in my room after waiting 30 inside the room which took 2 hours to get into. I had to keep telling them I am 1 1/2 hours from my sons school and I need to pick him up. Finally dr. An came in told me to do pilates and yoga. I was in shock. I was a personal trainer, taught yoga, and exercised regularly until the last 2 years because of my pain. I could not walk. I went to see 2 more surgeons and they said I need fusion right away. more to say no room
    Chicago, IL |
    Have you seen Dr. Howard An, MD?
    Are you Dr. An?

Dr. An's Care Philosophy

Dr. An's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. An has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. An's Board Certifications

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Mc Ohio

Completed in 1988

Jefferson Med College

Completed in 1989

Dr. An does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. An and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery