Dr. Hormuz Irani, MD

Dr. Hormuz Irani, MD

General Surgery  |

Dr. Hormuz Irani, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Bakersfield, CA. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Irani is affiliated with Bakersfield Heart Hospital, Mercy Hospitals, Bakersfield Memorial Hospital and Adventist Health Bakersfield.

Bakersfield Surgical Associates

5959 Truxtun Ave Ste 100

Bakersfield, CA 93309

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net of California
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Irani

"Delivering compassionate surgical care with state-of-the-art technology."

Dr. Irani's Experience

Dr. Irani's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Thyroid Disease
  • Urinary Disorders

• Abdominal Surgery
  • Appendectomy
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Biopsy of Breast
  • Revision of Gastric Anastomosis or Restrictive Procedure
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Thyroid Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Sydney
  • Bariatric Surgery
    Other Education | Completed 2000
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
    Other Education | Completed 1989

Dr. Irani has no media or publications listed.

• Gujarati
  • Hindi

Dr. Irani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Irani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Bakersfield Memorial Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Irani is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Irani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Irani to family and friends
Dr. Irani's Performance
Bakersfield, CA |
Very friendly and attentative. Great bedside manners. Explains procedures were it is easily understood. Courteous with family members and answers questions they may have. Had 2 surgeries done by him and would highly recommend him. No problems whatsoever with my surgeries. Bakersfield's best surgeon.
tehachapi, ca |
Dr. Irani saved my life when other doctors wouldn't even try. He has a very kind and gentle manner, and is very patient with questions.
in Bakersfield, CA |
He is very easy to talk to. Listens to what you have to say. He is such a kind and thoughtful man. I did very well with my surgery.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I highly recommend Dr. Irani to anyone needing surgery. He is warm, caring, friendly, and explains things clearly. He answers any and all questions, not only from the patient, but their family as well.. Not only is he wonderful, his entire staff is also. They go above and beyond to help with matters. If you have a choice to make, you won't be sorry with Dr. Irani.
in Glennville, CA |
Dr. Irani without fail will take as much time as it takes to fully explain all facets of diagnosis & treatment. He is very patient and provides explanations in understandable terminology. Always a warm and polite greeting. We have and will continue to recommend him to family as well as friends.
in bakersfield, ca |
I saw my provider and asked him if I could have the "gastric sleeve". I went to classes for three months before I saw a doctor who would perform the surgery. I saw Dr. Irani, and was very glad I had him for the doctor who was going to do the surgery. Dr. Irani is very personable, and welcomes you with a handshake and a hug..well a hug if you're a woman. Everytime I see him, he is so friendly and will answer any questions I have. GREAT DOCTOR!!! I highly recommend Dr. Irani.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Doctor Irani was recommended to me by my family physician and few friends. I was very pleased and impressed with the level of friendliness and professionalism by Doctor Irani and his entire staff. My procedure and recovery was smooth as he had described it to me prior to operation.
in Bakersfield , CA |
I had a difficult surgery with a colon resection due to it had grown to my bladder discovered during the surgery. Dr Irani has impeccable bedside manner including a good sense of humor which i found very comforting. He was knowledgeable and took time to answer all of my questions. I am 3 weeks into recovery and everything has been exactly as he said it would. I highly recommend him.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Irani is a skilled surgeon that is compassionate, listens, and caring. He did an excellent job communicating, and making sure that I was comfortable with my procedure. I cannot thank him and his staff enough for their services.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Irani. He performed a lumpectomy and hernia surgery on me several years ago. I was extremely happy with the outcomes of both procedures. I was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer last month and needed a surgeon to remove the cancer. There was no question as to which surgeon I wanted to do the surgery. Dr. Irani is a very kind, caring, compassionate man and an excellent surgeon.
Bakersfield, CA |
Went to this doctor once for a consultation about a possible surgery, months later I have an $11 negative remark on my credit report from this office. ELEVEN DOLLARS?! What is wrong with your practice?!
in Bakersfield, CA |
I was very impressed with Dr. Iran. All the good reports that I had heard were absolutely true. He was very easy to talk to and all my concerns and questions were addressed. He made me feel at ease and that my problem was important to him. It was very clear that he is a skilled, knowledgeable and pleasant doctor. Thank you from a grateful patient.
Bakersfield, CA |
Very poor follow up after surgery, still have pain pain and more pain
Bakersfield, CA |
I was very satisfied with Dr. Irani and the outcome of my surgery. He took the time during every visit to answer my questions, ordered tests to rule out possible alternative explanations for my symptoms before recommending surgery. Dr. Irani even encouraged me to get a second opinion.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Huge Abdomenal Hernia repair. AWESOME!!!!!! Absolutely NO pain. No problems. Surgery was perform Thursday, 12/8. Doctor told me to schedule a followup appointment at his office on Tuesday or no later than Thursday, 7 days after surgery. Front desk refused to schedule an appointment in compliance with doctors orders. Did not see doctor for 12 days after surgery.
in Bakersfield, CA |
My 1st appointment I was able to get in within one week from when I called. Waiting for an appointment after arriving was short (less than 30 minutes for 2 appointments). My surgery went well. He carefully explained my condition and his proposed procedure.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Irani is an outstanding doctor and a very caring individual. He performed laparoscopic surgery on me and did an amazing job. I healed very quickly and was able to leave the hospital within a few days. Dr. Irani makes sure that his patients are in good care post surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Irani to anyone considering laparoscopic surgery.
in Bakersfield, ca |
I was referred to Dr. Irani by several friends. He and his staff were very compassionate, friendly and easy to talk with. Ivan (PA) took his time explaining the up coming surgery and answered all questions I had. I never once felt like he or Dr. Irani were rushing through the appointment. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Irani and his staff to my friends and family.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Irani is a very patient, caring and skilled surgeon. All of his staff are also are very caring and helpful.
in Tehachapi, CA |
Very compassionate, excellent surgeon, very informative, easy to talk with. I would recommend Dr. Irani with the highest regard.
in Bakersfield, CA |
I highly recommend Dr. Irani. I wish all doctors had his kindness and professional attitude. The care and time that he spent with me was, was like we were family.....Thank-you Dr. and staff for an excellent experience....
in Bakersfield, CA |
He is an excellent physician and surgeon. Very kind and compassionate and takes ample time to explain procedures and answer any and all questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Irani to anyone looking for a physician and/or surgeon.
in Tehachapi, CA |
I am a retired R.N. who practiced many years in the Los Angeles area. Since living in Tehachapi, this is the first time I have needed a general surgeon. After consulting with three recommended surgeons in Bakersfield I chose Dr. Iraini to perform a colon resection. He was the only one that indicated that he understood my request to have the surgery done as laparoscopic if at all possible.His experience,skill,and compassion led to a very successful surgery and a grateful patient in recovery.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Irani is professional and compassionate. He checked with the refering physician to make sure the surgery was necessary before scheduling. The laparoscopic procedure went smoothly; everything to expect was explained clearly in advance. I was back to normal activities within a few days. I could not ask for a more skilled or caring physician. I have no hesitation highly recommending him to friends and family. I am grateful to him for his services.
in Bakersfield |
Kind, gentle,compassinate and listens in an emergency situation.
Have you seen Dr. Hormuz Irani, MD?
Are you Dr. Irani?

Visit Dr. Irani

Dr. Irani accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    CaliforniaCare HMO