Psychiatry  |
Dr. Horacio Capote, MD
Dr. Horacio Capote, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Amherst, NY. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Capote is affiliated with Sisters of Charity Hospital and Kaleida Health Buffalo General Hospital.

3980 Sheridan Dr

• Fidelis Care
  • HealthSmart
  • Independent Health
  • MagnaCare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Capote

See how frequently Dr. Capote performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychiatric Diseases
Psychiatric Evaluation
Drug and Alcohol Dependence

Dr. Capote's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Confusion
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Psychiatric Evaluation

No malpractice history found for New York.

1 Sanction
  • Gross Negligence (11/17/2016)
    Action Taken: Probation
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: New York

• University Auto De Guadalajara Faculty De Med Guadalajara Jalisco Mexico
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • New York Medical College 5th Pathway
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University At Buffalo
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University At Buffalo

Dr. Capote has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Capote has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Capote does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Capote and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Capote's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Capote to family and friends
2.0
Dr. Capote's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
    Over 45 minutes
in Hamburg |
This Dr, is a clown. I should have read the other terrible reviews about him before seeing him. I too had to wait an hour and 45 minutes. He was dressed in his Halloween costume, at least I think it was for Halloween. He has the compassion of a baked potato. He was clueless to what meds I have been on and what I currently was on. I got up and left mid session, and he still wanted to shake hands...what a clown. No way is he worthy of a handshake. I would not recommend this guy to anyone. Trust me
in Buffalo, NY |
He obviously has no respect for his patients. I was in the waiting room for an hour and 1/4 after my appt. time before asking how much longer it was going to be to see the doctor. I was told he was running very late - which was not unusual - and that there were still 2 patients before me. So - a two hour wait to get in. I couldn't wait that long so asked for another appointment. My options - 4 days from now (I would be out of town) or March. Why do doctors get away with this level of disrespect?
in Tonawanda, NY |
I waited 3 hours to see the most rude and insensitive individual on the planet. He stared at his computer for 10 minutes and never looked at me once. I was there for depression. After I left I felt like a psychopath. He ordered 17 blood tests and a sleep study. He prescribed a medication that is very expensive and had a counter indication with a statin I'm on had he read my paperwork. He ordered me to " take it" This man should not be practicing medicince.
Buffalo, NY |
I saw Dr. Capote for five minutes and since have had to suffer through his PA who has been worthless.
in Buffalo NY |
this doctor is absolutely ridiculous, i was told he was known for running late but 3 hours? what do i not have a life and i can just sit here? don't waste your time because his treatments are not worth the wait. avoid this psychiatrist if you can
in Cheektowaga, NY |
I have been going to Dr. Capote's office since 2009. in 2010 he diagnosed me with a rare genetic gene defect and told me to take a supplement which was not covered by insurance and would cost me $120 for 30 pills. I was on disability and told him I could not afford it. I'm finding out through my own research these days that it can be very serious if not taken care of. I feel he dropped the ball on that. I've also been passed off to a Physicians Assistant and have not seen Dr. Capote in 3 years.
in Batavia, NY |
The office canceled 3 weeks before my appt. Rescheduled for 6 weeks later. Arrived on time. Receptionist asked for paperwork that was mailed to me. I didn't get any paperwork in the mail. Same story for 3 of 4 people that entered after me. Paid my copay, completed the paperwork, went to an office for intake questions, back to waiting room. Where I waited and waited. After an hour and 40 mins I asked for my copay back and left. Receptionist wasn't apologetic. Flat out said "He runs late"
Have you seen Dr. Horacio Capote, MD?
Are you Dr. Capote?

• HealthSmart
  • Independent Health
    Encompass
  • MagnaCare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio