Dr. Horacio Capote, MD

Dr. Horacio Capote, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Dr. Horacio Capote, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Amherst, NY. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Capote is affiliated with Kaleida Health Buffalo General Hospital and Sisters of Charity Hospital.

Dr. Capote's Experience

See how Dr. Capote's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Capote

Dr. Capote accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Capote has admitting privileges.

Dr. Capote's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Capote to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Capote's Performance
    Over 45 minutes
in Tonawanda, NY |
I waited 3 hours to see the most rude and insensitive individual on the planet. He stared at his computer for 10 minutes and never looked at me once. I was there for depression. After I left I felt like a psychopath. He ordered 17 blood tests and a sleep study. He prescribed a medication that is very expensive and had a counter indication with a statin I'm on had he read my paperwork. He ordered me to " take it" This man should not be practicing medicince.
Buffalo, NY |
I saw Dr. Capote for five minutes and since have had to suffer through his PA who has been worthless.
in Buffalo NY |
this doctor is absolutely ridiculous, i was told he was known for running late but 3 hours? what do i not have a life and i can just sit here? don't waste your time because his treatments are not worth the wait. avoid this psychiatrist if you can
in Cheektowaga, NY |
I have been going to Dr. Capote's office since 2009. in 2010 he diagnosed me with a rare genetic gene defect and told me to take a supplement which was not covered by insurance and would cost me $120 for 30 pills. I was on disability and told him I could not afford it. I'm finding out through my own research these days that it can be very serious if not taken care of. I feel he dropped the ball on that. I've also been passed off to a Physicians Assistant and have not seen Dr. Capote in 3 years.
in Batavia, NY |
The office canceled 3 weeks before my appt. Rescheduled for 6 weeks later. Arrived on time. Receptionist asked for paperwork that was mailed to me. I didn't get any paperwork in the mail. Same story for 3 of 4 people that entered after me. Paid my copay, completed the paperwork, went to an office for intake questions, back to waiting room. Where I waited and waited. After an hour and 40 mins I asked for my copay back and left. Receptionist wasn't apologetic. Flat out said "He runs late"
Have you seen Dr. Horacio Capote, MD?
Are you Dr. Capote?

Compare Dr. Capote

}

Dr. Capote's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry
  •  Sanctions found

No malpractice history found for New York.

Sanction

Dr. Capote has received 1 sanction

• Gross Negligence (11/17/2016)
    • Action Taken: Probation
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    • State: New York

Graduated in 1987

New York Medical College 5th Pathway
    University At Buffalo
    University At Buffalo

Dr. Capote does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Capote and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry